LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Douh!!!

I made that post and went right to bed.

LOL!!!!

Who new?
Well, it was a shocker seeing you post past your usual bedtime, which we figure to be about 9 PM. ;)

A double shocker that the one post you sneak in was a props to Nors. LOL

jimmy40

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Their defense couldn't stop a JV high school team that year....also there was a certain team from new england in their way as well
Isn't that the team he wasn't good enough to play for? It's always somebody else's fault when it comes to Bledsoe. ALWAYS.

jimmy40

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
The reason Bledsoe takes sacks is because he's a tough SOB, and he stands in the pocket waiting for his receivers to get open.
Maybe Hutch has a bright future after all.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
-You have zero defense for Drew Beldsoe, in fact when Drew opened his mouth a few months back about how many yards and TD's he's thrown for, a media guy researched his exact stats - seasons -picks -red zone apppearances etc....and It turns out....THAT IN THE HISTORY OF NFL FOOTBALL - Drew Bledsoe is statistically speaking one of the worst the sport has ever seen. He is so bad in the Red Zone for his career, it's mind boggling.

As was proven when you first posted that article back in March, the statistic cited ("yards per touchdown") is completely meaningless and has absolutely no correlation to performance in the red zone. According to that statistic, a quarterback who goes 1-for-1 with a 19-yard TD pass is MUCH, MUCH WORSE than a quarterback who goes 1-for-4 with a 1-yard TD pass. It's farcical to think that's even close to being true. That "media guy" essentially started with a premise and went looking for a statistic that would support it, no matter how flawed or preposterous the statistic was. And he found possibly the most flawed, preposterous statistic I've ever seen cited.

And by the way, according to that "statistic," Troy Aikman was much worse than Bledsoe and ranks 134th out of the 140 most-experienced quarterbacks in NFL history.

playit12

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
As was proven when you first posted that article back in March, the statistic cited ("yards per touchdown") is completely meaningless and has absolutely no correlation to performance in the red zone. According to that statistic, a quarterback who goes 1-for-1 with a 19-yard TD pass is MUCH, MUCH WORSE than a quarterback who goes 1-for-4 with a 1-yard TD pass. It's farcical to think that's even close to being true. That "media guy" essentially started with a premise and went looking for a statistic that would support it, no matter how flawed or preposterous the statistic was. And he found possibly the most flawed, preposterous statistic I've ever seen cited.

And by the way, according to that "statistic," Troy Aikman was much worse than Bledsoe and ranks 134th out of the 140 most-experienced quarterbacks in NFL history.

Yeah I'm a huge stat fan and even I can't get behind that useless number. Next

jimmy40

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Another reason stats are for losers, geeks and agents, yes I realize that was redundent. Now if your talking about the salary cap, those are stats that mean something.

playit12

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Another reason stats are for losers, geeks and agents, yes I realize that was redundent. Now if your talking about the salary cap, those are stats that mean something.

Well lets not get carried away. Bad stats are bad and good stats are really good. If you compare stats in all of Quincy's throws to each route and find that his completion percentage is 20 percent lower in crossing routes than outs.. that is useful information.

If you find that teams gain an average of 1.5 yards more rushing to the right side of your DL then the left.. that's good to know too.

All good teams have stat guys now. Stats, when used correctly, allow you to get an unbiassed look at your strengths and weaknesses. Something that is very hard to do when you are dealing with people that are "fighting" for you every sunday and that you might have drafted and nurtured into this league for some 7 years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, it was a shocker seeing you post past your usual bedtime, which we figure to be about 9 PM. ;)

A double shocker that the one post you sneak in was a props to Nors. LOL

LOL!!!!

Well, I used to post later in the evening but anymore, I think I'm just to damn old to stay up. Anyway, I figured I'd log on and much to my surprise, there was Nors fighting the good fight. I figured that since I give him such a hard time most of the rest of the time, I needed to give him credit on that one.

Trust me when I tell you that nobody was more shocked then I.

:lmao:

Cowchips

Reaction score
Not to mention he also averaged 38 ppg against the NFC teams they played :)

Cowchips

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
-Taking the lords name in vein in a title thread is quite offensive....

-You have zero defense for Drew Beldsoe, in fact when Drew opened his mouth a few months back about how many yards and TD's he's thrown for, a media guy researched his exact stats - seasons -picks -red zone apppearances etc....and It turns out....THAT IN THE HISTORY OF NFL FOOTBALL - Drew Bledsoe is statistically speaking one of the worst the sport has ever seen. He is so bad in the Red Zone for his career, it's mind boggling.

-Other than that you make a good case...

Actually, statistically speaking Bledsoe is #18 all time in touchdown passes and #10 all time in passing yards. Which is well ahead of any QB, including Staubach or Aikman, that has ever worn the Star. I'm sure a good number of those td's came in the red zone also.

2-3 more productive years and he will probably be #2 or #3 all time in passing yards and top 10 in touchdown passes. Not bad for one of the worst the sport has ever seen!!

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
Actually, statistically speaking Bledsoe is #18 all time in touchdown passes and #10 all time in passing yards. Which is well ahead of any QB, including Staubach or Aikman, that has ever worn the Star. I'm sure a good number of those td's came in the red zone also.

2-3 more productive years and he will probably be #2 or #3 all time in passing yards and top 10 in touchdown passes. Not bad for one of the worst the sport has ever seen!!

All I know is it's pointless responding to statboys....I get sick of hearing about Bledsoes career .500 record, lack of mobility, and 76 lifetime QB rating...big deal get over it.

So what are the critics going to say when he makes the hall of fame on his first ballot? I guarantee that if Drew plays solid for ever 2 or 3 more years hes goign to be just fine. In fact I think he has a great shot finishing behind Marino if he plays long enough. Even if he doesn't win a superbowl on his own the bottom line is that he has a ring on his finger already and is one of the greatest pure passing QB's of all time.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowchips said:

I figured you would post something like this...

Please deduct the special teams and defensive touchdowns from that amount Okay?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
All I know is it's pointless responding to statboys....I get sick of hearing about Bledsoes career .500 record, lack of mobility, and 76 lifetime QB rating...big deal get over it.

So what are the critics going to say when he makes the hall of fame on his first ballot? I guarantee that if Drew plays solid for ever 2 or 3 more years hes goign to be just fine. In fact I think he has a great shot finishing behind Marino if he plays long enough. Even if he doesn't win a superbowl on his own the bottom line is that he has a ring on his finger already and is one of the greatest pure passing QB's of all time.

You may be sick of hearing it but it was Mr. Bledsoe that generated those sorry-arse numbers. It wasn't any of us on this board. If you have complaints about the rather average career of this guy take it up with him-- OK?

Reaction score
Cowchips said:

Im surprised the statboys didn't mention that one...but it figures they only thrive off the negative Bledsoe Stats.

Cowchips

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I figured you would post something like this...

Please deduct the special teams and defensive touchdowns from that amount Okay?

Actually, the offense scored most of those points except for 1 td per game. At that point, the offense was playing very well. Of course, it was the NFC :)

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
You may be sick of hearing it but it was Mr. Bledsoe that generated those sorry-arse numbers. It wasn't any of us on this board. If you have complaints about the rather average career of this guy take it up with him-- OK?

I'm well aware that he generated those numbers...but I believe you missed the point....begin that regardless of the numbers the guy is a good player. I mean he's been to a superbowl? Numerous playoff games, 4th quarter comebacks, 4500 yard seasons, 400+ yard passing games?

I don't think anybody is expecting him to shatter any records QB records this season including myself...I just think all these numbers being tossed around are ridiculous. Personally career numbers mean nothing until your career is over....and last time I check Drew is still young enough to add plenty more to those numbers.