Please hire Romo as the Cowboy Head Coach!

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Hey bro here’s this long hours high stress job that doesn’t pay as much as the job you currently have and the people who want you to take it will turn on you the first chance they get.

Bro: where do I sign?

jay94

Reaction score
LMAO

what would romos incentive be here?

they wasted him here as a player. They will waste him as a coach

besides he makes far too much money and is far too talented as a commentator to just drop it

he’s going to be the best John madden in terms of commentating

He’s THAT good

Also I bet he gets better endorsements being a commentator. The most important thing, which can't be understated is TIME. He has an abundance, you become a HC it's your life.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Romo himself already said (years ago) that he did want to go into coaching at some point, but not after having first had a good long stretch in broadcasting.

So, maybe in, say, 2025 or 2028, he'd coach. But not now.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Also I bet he gets better endorsements being a commentator. The most important thing, which can't be understated is TIME. He has an abundance, you become a HC it's your life.

Yes. And there's no win-loss record as an announcer. Unlike being a head coach, in which case people want your head if the team starts 0-5 or blows a lead in the Super Bowl or something.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
One reason I do want Romo to coach is that he still deserves a Super Bowl ring or two. And if he couldn't get it as a player, the only other way is to coach a team to one.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LMAO

what would romos incentive be here?

they wasted him here as a player. They will waste him as a coach

besides he makes far too much money and is far too talented as a commentator to just drop it

he’s going to be the best John madden in terms of commentating

He’s THAT good

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3...salary-contract-broadcast-psychic-predictions

"He will reportedly sign a $17 million/year deal with CBS to remain at the network."
About what he made getting his bones broken as a QB. *Way* too sweet of a gig for him to think about giving it up. And he'll be doing it for *decades*.

What he *could* do is run an offseason QB camp. He said he had really "figured it out" around mid 2013. He should test that by trying to teach other QBs. Good synergy with his announcing career, getting to know a bunch of young QBs. Help him get into the HOF as an announcer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The is no incentive to work sunup til after midnight each day putting up with disgruntled crybaby players in the heat when he can make $17 million wearing a suit talking into a microphone in a climate controlled broadcast booth.
all true but what if jerry offered him 50 mil a year, as HC and OC ??
Stephen would have a heart attack over the 50 mil a year though lol. That is out of my er your personal cash dad.

starfan1

Reaction score
Big difference between calling something in a booth and coaching men especially these whiny players the cowboys have

diamonddelts

Reaction score
ALL game long Romo was spot on the money. He recognized our defense and the flaws that Big Ben spotted in it. He broke down Pitts defense and how to beat it. It's mind boggling how he sits in a booth next to Cowboy coaches and he's seeing stuff that they don't see or they are seeing and don't know how to offset it. Either way I would rather have my money on Romo than MM who doesn't have a clue on how to win in this league anymore!

. Worst thread topic of the year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Calling/broadcasting a game from a booth and getting 55 players through a successful game plan are two entirely different things. Not sure some fans appreciate the challenges NFL head coaches face to have a successful season. Just me but I've not sensed that of leadership from Tony Romo. Offensive coordinator, maybe, but not head coach. In fact, I would wager Jason Witten would be a more successful NFL head coach than Romo.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are tons of very smart football minds who would be an epic fail as a head coach Tony is one of them

Cmac

Reaction score
….It would have been nice to have KMoore sit beside him, quietly, in the booth and he make some points to our OC.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
ALL game long Romo was spot on the money. He recognized our defense and the flaws that Big Ben spotted in it. He broke down Pitts defense and how to beat it. It's mind boggling how he sits in a booth next to Cowboy coaches and he's seeing stuff that they don't see or they are seeing and don't know how to offset it. Either way I would rather have my money on Romo than MM who doesn't have a clue on how to win in this league anymore!

How much does Romo make by sitting on his behind for 3 hrs a week and gets to go home and be with his beautiful family? Why would he give that you to live a life of a couch.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Guys have done it before. Mainly were previous coaches I believe (Dungy, Gruden, etc).

But that’s just it, coaches have a whole different mindset. Also none of them including Gruden never have made the money that Romo is. Lastly they all where in a different place in their lives and much older.

Jipper

Reaction score
He is a hell of a gig now that requires a lot fewer hours yet pays quite a bit more. He would be nuts to give that up.

while all true, you can’t put a price on a ring which you have to wonder how much he wants....that would literately be the only factor that could tilt the odds and I don’t even know that a shot at a ring means enough to bring him out.....

he has another 30 years in this gig and will easily return a billionaire at the pace he’s on, that’s generational altering family wealth

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only hope there is that Romo would ever go into coaching is the fact that he's a competitor. But he takes care of that through golf, and coaching wouldn't allow him much time to play golf....so no, not gonna happen.

nobody

Reaction score
The only hope there is that Romo would ever go into coaching is the fact that he's a competitor. But he takes care of that through golf, and coaching wouldn't allow him much time to play golf....so no, not gonna happen.

Yeah.. no way he'd give up a fantastic job to work for Jerry again.....for this culture Jerry created....not unless Jerry offered him a LOT more than what he's making now. Which is laughable.