Please Pray For My Grandfather

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
otero1;1891785 said:
Things are worse now. The bacterial infection in his pancreas is in his blood stream now. Even if he pulls through this he'll never be able to eat normally again. Feeding tube for life.. Therefore it may be best just to let him die comfortably.

Sorry to hear that otero...

My prayers are with your family...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
otero1;1891785 said:
Things are worse now. The bacterial infection in his pancreas is in his blood stream now. Even if he pulls through this he'll never be able to eat normally again. Feeding tube for life.. Therefore it may be best just to let him die comfortably.

I think that maybe God's doing this so that you and the family can adjust to, perhaps even accept, his passing... seems that you're almost there, you're now thinking about what would be best for him...

When my Dad had his heart attack, I raced up to Pennsylvania to be with the family, and it was bad news right from the start... I didn't want to hear it at first, all I wanted to hear was that Dad was gonna make it through... then it sunk in, what the doctor had said about the extent of the damage to his heart (he'd come in to the hospital in cardiogenic shock, which the doctor said autmomatically meant that at least half of his heart had been damaged)... I realized that if he made it through, he'd be an invalid the rest of his life, and he'd HATE living like that... my Dad was the quintessential outdoorsman, in the summer you'd find him on the golf course, in the winter you'd find him working his bird dogs...

So I finally just went up to the little chapel they had at the hospital, and told God to forget about what was best for me (which was what I'd selfishly been praying for), do what was best for Dad... I came back down to learn that Dad had died...

I honestly think God was waiting for us to accept the inevitable, then he took him...

I have no idea if what I just wrote will provide you any comfort, but your words sent me back to that time, and I thought I'd share it with you... it says a lot about you that you've gotten to the point where your first concern is what's best for him, ahead of what's best for you... I think your Grandfather would be quite proud of you right now...

Woods

Reaction score
otero1;1891785 said:

Really sorry to hear that.

Stay strong for your family during this difficult time. I'll pray for the best.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
thought's and prayers are with you and your family,just went through this with the passing of my mother 2 months ago and I am still not right. Hope he pulls it out

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Another update! He seems to be pulling out of this. I will post details when I get some clear ones.