Please, Put Down The Fool-Aid on Pollard

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You're right. But if the Cowboys can get 850-1100 yards out of Pollard as the lead back in a committee approach then the season won't be a lost cause.

I like Pollard more than I liked guys like Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, and Christine Michael.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If you have any thoughts that Pollard will be able to replace Zeke.

It is not about replacing Zeke. Zeke is an all world talent. You don't replace that. But that doesn't mean that we can't win without Zeke. Zeke would make it easier but is that worth the cost.

Let's say:

Zeke averages 140 yards a game
Without Zeke, they aver 124 yards a game.. what is that 16 yards worth?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Didn't we have a 3rd round RB that produced at an elite level in this scheme?

We don't need Zeke. He is a luxury.

I think the Cowboys are a much better team with Zeke because he is an elite talent. I also think the Cowboys can win without him, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a luxury.

I'm sure the Saints could still function and win some games without Alvin Kamara, but my guess is they'd much rather have him (just throwing Kamara out there as an example).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is not about replacing Zeke. Zeke is an all world talent. You don't replace that. But that doesn't mean that we can't win without Zeke. Zeke would make it easier but is that worth the cost.

Let's say:

We have to pay Zeke or trade him. That's what it boils down to.

If a team comes offering some picks that include a 1st then trade him and be done with it.

If not? Keep him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There selling Crazy here and we all know who the usual suspects are!
Why.....lol.......here's a hint has nothing to do with Pollard who I pity as if he's not the next Kamara poor kid will be eaten alive here!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Let's say:

I think the Cowboys will first need to evolve into a different offensive identity. Hard to do when you are dependent on one of the best players in the league, who, by the way, was pretty good at covering up your warts.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

I think there are only a couple backs in the league that could replace Zeke. And neither plays for the Cowboys currently. I do think Pollard could be a piece that helps offset the missing Zeke. In the end though we all know Zeke will be here when the bright lights of the regular season are shining. Zeke loves the spotlight and Zeke is a fierce competitor as is Jerry and they both need each other.