Please, Put Down The Fool-Aid on Pollard

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will not be the same without Zeke, an undeniably elite talent. You going to make your season prediction from two preseason games? Ill informed would be appropriate term.
You're right, Dak will not be the same sans Zeke, he'll be better. He will finally become the passer I always though the could be. All those yards that Zeke would have carried the ball will now be made up through the air. Scared?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Elliott played one season where he was decent. The second season he was in turmoil. Last season you're right it wasn't very good. Everybody wants this team to have 300 yards passing. Well we did it without Elliott against the Ravens against the Giants. Smash Mouth is a game plan it's not a necessity

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You're right, Dak will not be the same sans Zeke, he'll be better. He will finally become the passer I always though the could be. All those yards that Zeke would have carried the ball will now be made up threw the air. Scared?
I would love to see Dak rise to occasion, have a great year and lead the team to a Championship game. I think his job gets a lot harder without Zeke. Do you have a fright fetish?

fansince68

Reaction score
It's the system. Pollard = Zeke because the system. Anyone can run behind this line. Zeke is overrated.
Actually, I think this line is over rated too. The rate a C when it comes to pass blocking in a passing league.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would love to see Dak rise to occasion, have a great year and lead the team to a Championship game. I think his job gets a lot harder without Zeke. Do you have a fright fetish?
Yes I'm afraid the franchise/ pays for one player and forgets about the rest of the team. One player does not make a football team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Do you have a fear of being wrong about Zeke's absence holding back the Cowboys offense?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
You're right. But if the Cowboys can get 850-1100 yards out of Pollard as the lead back in a committee approach then the season won't be a lost cause.

I like Pollard more than I liked guys like Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, and Christine Michael.

So the goal for the season has gone to "don't be a lost cause"?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is under contract for two more years. Perhaps a better strategy would be for the "GM" to not comment on player contracts in public.
That's a totally different conversation though isn't it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you have a fear of being wrong about Zeke's absence holding back the Cowboys offense?
I think that's exactly what he did. But I don't think they wanted to overexpose the youngest starting defense in the league this is not going to be the same old Cowboys I can't wait for the season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah let's just perform our little experiment in live football games, while the NFC is as competitive as been in, maybe ever.
This doesn't even make sense, what experiment. This is how you start rookies. In their careers

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It is not about replacing Zeke. Zeke is an all world talent. You don't replace that. But that doesn't mean that we can't win without Zeke. Zeke would make it easier but is that worth the cost.

Let's say:

Zeke averages 140 yards a game
Without Zeke, they aver 124 yards a game.. what is that 16 yards worth?

The differences is team's game plan for Zeke and it opens up a ton of other things (in addition to those extra 16 yards).