Please, Put Down The Fool-Aid on Pollard

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The exact reason why Dak is successful is why Murray was successful. They had/have an all pro taking the pressure off of them and opening things up for them..

I will say this about Dak, I think this year will be different, I think you’re going to see a very well rounded QB and he will be able to take pressure off the RB, and it should be Zeke.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can’t wait to see what our new 40 million dollar QB looks like without the leagues leading rusher. Or can I?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you have any thoughts that Pollard will be able to replace Zeke.

I would take this trade off 10 out of 10 times for Zeke:

Zeke

or

1. Tony Pollard
2. High end level FA DT for 15 million with the money you save by not paying Zeke
3. First round pick in the trade you get for Zeke (First round Safety in next years draft)
4. 3rd round pick in trade you get for Zeke (3rd round RB you pair with Pollard)
5. Veteran RB that you can sign to team with Pollard and the 3rd round back in next years draft.

And you dont get the off the field, idiot, drunken, suspension problems.

We now have a potent inexpensive RB by committee for the next 3 to 4 years, A top 3 defense with all major holes filled, and no distractions or suspensions.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would take this trade off 10 out of 10 times for Zeke:

Zeke

or

1. Tony Pollard
2. High end level FA DT for 15 million with the money you save by not paying Zeke
3. First round pick in the trade you get for Zeke (First round Safety in next years draft)
4. 3rd round pick in trade you get for Zeke (3rd round RB you pair with Pollard)
5. Veteran RB that you can sign to team with Pollard and the 3rd round back in next years draft.

And you dont get the off the field, idiot, drunken, suspension problems.

We now have a potent inexpensive RB by committee for the next 3 to 4 years, A top 3 defense with all major holes filled, and no distractions or suspensions.
Is that offer on the table? Where are you now, Jerral Wayne?

JohnBoy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will first need to evolve into a different offensive identity. Hard to do when you are dependent on one of the best players in the league, who, by the way, was pretty good at covering up your warts.

Yeah that's one narrative. Another one is that he's been getting an unnecessarily high amount of carries because of the outdated scheme, which has crippled the development of the passing game. Oh, and on top of that the outdated scheme didn't work very well last year. Time to try something different, and when Dak and these new receivers finally get the chance to shine, I think they might suprise us.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If you had to bet everything you had on an outcome of whether or not Pollard could replace Zeke, would you tend to look one way over the other?
I bet he could replace Zeke, RB is the easiest to replace in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is that offer on the table? Where are you now, Jerral Wayne?

The trade wouldnt happen probably until the offseason. The biggest downside would be that you were only rolling with Pollard and Webber this year. I could live with that if it meant the windfall you get for getting rid of Zeke.

And dont tell me that Zeke wouldnt fetch a first and a third. There is a real possibility we could get more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah that's one narrative. Another one is that he's been getting an unnecessarily high amount of carries because of the outdated scheme, which has crippled the development of the passing game. Oh, and on top of that the outdated scheme didn't work very well last year. Time to try something different, and when Dak and these new receivers finally get the chance to shine, I think they might suprise us.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I'd like to see that. It's a big transition though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I bet he could replace Zeke, RB is the easiest to replace in the NFL.

The irony is funny. Yet most of these Zeke or die guys also dont like Dak.

And is if some QB could be drafted or signed next season that would replace Dak.

Its a mindless argument. No one RB has to replace Zeke. Not at all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd like to see that. It's a big transition though.

The transition is already in full bloom my man. Dak is coming of age, the WR corps has been completely restocked with talent and speed, route running, and Moore has come in to take this passing game to the 21st century.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could be worth a lot in the playoffs. Or getting to the playoffs even.
A difference between a 1st down or a TD, or running time off the clock. Or from forcing a pass that could be intercepted when they know it will be a pass.

That is what 16 yards is worth.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Could be worth a lot in the playoffs. Or getting to the playoffs even.
A difference between a 1st down or a TD, or running time off the clock. Or from forcing a pass that could be intercepted when they know it will be a pass.

That is what 16 yards is worth.

Long term trumps short term every time.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The transition is already in full bloom my man. Dak is coming of age, the WR corps has been completely restocked with talent and speed, route running, and Moore has come in to take this passing game to the 21st century.
Lot of unproven commodities with that statement. We know what they have with Zeke, all of the above, not so much.