Please stop crying

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
how many TD's did the offense score after the first quarter? I'll wait while you look it up...
So the first quarter doesn't count now? You know, where we literally scored all of our TDs?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yet another overreaction.

How's it an overreaction? It was hyperbole in response to a ridiculous post. The guy said stop complaining and enjoy the win.

One, that's not sports fandom. Fans analyze and possibly overanalyze games, even after wins. Two, we didn't exactly play great yesterday. The way the game ended was bizarre (and it's a recurring theme with McCarthy, questionable clock management), we had some real boneheaded plays that could have cost us (the blocked punt was idiotic), and the Chargers, frankly, shot themselves in the foot quite a bit.

Happy for the win but let's not go bat**** crazy and act like we just were awesome yesterday.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How's it an overreaction? The guy said stop complaining and enjoy the win.

But one, that's not sports fandom. Fans analyzed and possibly overanalyze games, even after wins. Two, we didn't exactly play great yesterday. The way the game ended was bizarre (and it's a recurring theme with McCarthy, questionable clock management), we had some real boneheaded plays that could have cost us (the blocked punt was idiotic), and the Chargers, frankly, shot themselves in the foot quite a bit. He said the offense was amazing. It really wasn't yesterday. It was efficient but not amazing.
Because no one is saying you can't be critical of the team even after a win, but some of you guys only know critical. Case and point. And, keep using the same talking point when anyone says to stop being a downer.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Apparently we played a perfect game yesterday and we should not point out any concerns that arose out of the game. Because, there were no concerns. We were awesome in every way.
I've never understood the desire for some to try and shut down football conversation because of what they consider too negative or positive.

foofighters

Reaction score
So the first quarter doesn't count now? You know, where we literally scored all of our TDs?
The OP stated that the O was amazing. I won't disagree that it does look good. However, red zone and scoring issues have plagued the team so I don't know that I would call them amazing by their performance yesterday. They looked good and did enough to win and that's all great but amazing isn't a word I would use.

Praxit

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Because no one is saying you can't be critical of the team even after a win, but some of you guys only know critical. Case and point. And, keep using the same talking point when anyone says to stop being a downer.

Case in point what? I've actually been pretty complimentary today. I started a thread praising Kearse, I gave Steele credit for his play, called Parsons a stud and maybe our best LB and DE. I said I think the refs blew a couple of PIs against us. The things I have criticized are worthy of criticism - how they handled the end of the game was ridiculous and there post game excuses seem lame. I think that we have to acknowledge that the Chargers really shot themselves in the foot yesterday that with a couple of plays here or there we may have lost.

But demanding people not criticize the team or aspects of the game even after a win is moronic. It just is.

Sydla

Reaction score
The OP stated that the O was amazing. I won't disagree that it does look good. However, red zone and scoring issues have plagued the team so I don't know that I would call them amazing by their performance yesterday. They looked good and did enough to win and that's all great but amazing isn't a word I would use.

Such an unacceptable response pointing out a legitimate problem for this team in the first two weeks.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
We won. The offense looks amazing. The defense is a work in progress, but much improved. It’s week 2, get off the ledge.
please stop waving your pom poms. I bet all these, or most, of the people you rudely say are "crying" cheered during the game and were as happy as you that they won. Yet some of us enjoy coming to a forum and discussing how to improve. That's the same things the coaches and players are doing. They high five and stuff and on Monday they are dissecting things and trying to get better. Why name call fans who do the same?

You want to be a cheerleader and nothing else, thats your right

McKDaddy

Reaction score
think there is a difference between crying & discussing errors & bad plays.

if you want to be exclusively happy when the team "wins", that's fine but don't come round complaining when these "issues" result in a loss.

some of us can be both happy with an outcome and concerned that future outcomes won't be so rosy if corrections aren't made.

rambo2

Reaction score
You got folks crying about Zeke and about Parsons staying at DE.
We have folks who claim that it is ridiculous to keep Parsons at defensive end as well. One says that it is just a gimmick to play him there.

Proof

Reaction score
Apparently we played a perfect game yesterday and we should not point out any concerns that arose out of the game. Because, there were no concerns. We were awesome in every way.

nah. just shouldn't focus on it, over the things we did (and have done) well. At least in the immediate aftermath

Proof

Reaction score
We have folks who claim that it is ridiculous to keep Parsons at defensive end as well. One says that it is just a gimmick to play him there.

Not going to lie, I'm a little hesitant. Only because he won't be playing against a backup every week, teams will adapt, and I think he's better served as an LB long term. But I'm with whatever the coaches decide to do