PLEASE trade back!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would love it if we made some moves to acquire more picks in this draft. We have a new DC let him get some players for his defense, let the offense find a center! Hoping we could go as far as getting out the first and still getting a center, please give your thoughts

Hardline

Reaction score
I would love it if we made some moves to acquire more picks in this draft. We have a new DC let him get some players for his defense, let the offense find a center! Hoping we could go as far as getting out the first and still getting a center, please give your thoughts
I'm totally cool with it.

Hardline

Reaction score
Really??? Explain, I'd love to see us get more picks, replace some of these guys who have been here too long, get younger fresh legs, NO PROJECT PLAYERS either
There are 3 centers in this draft I would love to have. One will be there even if we trade back. Deep OL class so we can double up.I don't think there is a big drop off in talent from the late first round to the early second . I definitely want a RB no later than the 3rd round.
I usually like trading up for quality over quantity. This year I want more swings at the plate.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Really??? Explain, I'd love to see us get more picks, replace some of these guys who have been here too long, get younger fresh legs, NO PROJECT PLAYERS either
Tough to trade out of the first round and not grab a project player. Really it's even tough to pick at the end of the 1st and not have a bit of a project on your hands. Last year the tail end of the first round when Dallas was OTC was Mazi Smith, Anton Harrison, Myles Murphy, Bryan Bresee, Noland Smith, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah....ouch!

TheDank

Reaction score
Tough to trade out of the first round and not grab a project player. Really it's even tough to pick at the end of the 1st and not have a bit of a project on your hands. Last year the tail end of the first round when Dallas was OTC was Mazi Smith, Anton Harrison, Myles Murphy, Bryan Bresee, Noland Smith, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah....ouch!
I think this is a much better draft class through the first 50 or so prospects compared to last years.

I’m not opposed to trading back, but it really depends on who is on the board. If you want JPJ you stay at 24 (may not make it), slight chance someone like Verse or Jerzhan Newton is there. If we can pick up a late 3 this year for dropping to late 1 that’s a spot to grab a RB like Marshawn Lloyd, Audric Estime etc. If that means picking Zach Tom instead of Graham Barton might be worth it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Brother, if monster NT T'Vondre Sweat is there for the taking when the Cowboys 24th overall pick comes up, they would be beyond stupid if they passed but instead traded down late into the 1st round hoping T'Vondre Sweat will drop as well. He won't!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they will trade back or they will trade a few players prior to the draft.

This team has started to build through the draft and get the minimum FAs on the cheap.

SO they depend on the draft.

I would imagine they will want more draft picks.

With that said. Sometimes you might want to initial trade back but a player falls and you have to take them.

Also, It takes two to tango. Sometimes you might want to trade but just can not find a taker.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like the idea of there is a trading partner and we get a good deal. There are some players I would not trade back for like Fuaga, Oregon St T. I think he is going to be really good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If there’s a top 20 talent that falls just make the pick.

If you have a handful of guys you like available and you can add a 3rd? Sure.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe so!

But unless you're at the very top of the draft and don't want a QB (and can get a king's ransom for the pick) you should always wait to see who is there as the draft unfolds.

As you know, occasionally players fall.
Would be awful to trade out and then a top guy fall to that spot.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There are 3 centers in this draft I would love to have. One will be there even if we trade back. Deep OL class so we can double up.I don't think there is a big drop off in talent from the late first round to the early second . I definitely want a RB no later than the 3rd round.
I usually like trading up for quality over quantity. This year I want more swings at the plate.
i love this!!! Who's the other center, I have the guy from duke beebee i think , and the oregon guy

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sucks that we were so good, so instead of calling that project player a first rounder, get that guy in the 2nd round, while gaining more picks. I think we can clearly all say that Mazi wasn't a 1st round pick at all

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Brother, if monster NT T'Vondre Sweat is there for the taking when the Cowboys 24th overall pick comes up, they would be beyond stupid if they passed but instead traded down late into the 1st round hoping T'Vondre Sweat will drop as well. He won't!
you know my feelings now, i've been on the draft modulator thing, and i'm learning about these players, when I see one I search them up and look at them. WHen I saw him, I saw all the happy days of my childhood lol, I want this big man, he seems like he's ready for the kind of work we need in a massive DT

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think they will trade back or they will trade a few players prior to the draft.

This team has started to build through the draft and get the minimum FAs on the cheap.

SO they depend on the draft.

I would imagine they will want more draft picks.

With that said. Sometimes you might want to initial trade back but a player falls and you have to take them.

Also, It takes two to tango. Sometimes you might want to trade but just can not find a taker.
Yeah and I hate when we HEAR afterwards that teams were interested in trading with us. ALL that you said is perfectly said, and I agree with it. I would love to see us gain more picks, I don't like not having a 4th, and I think our 5th is really late in that round, so yes trading guys let's have at it. Who do you think gets traded??? If you say gallup, wouldn't we have to absorb all the hit to get the trade??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I like the idea of there is a trading partner and we get a good deal. There are some players I would not trade back for like Fuaga, Oregon St T. I think he is going to be really good.
lets go!!!!!

Hardline

Reaction score
i love this!!! Who's the other center, I have the guy from duke beebee i think , and the oregon guy
I don't think the Oregon guy falls to 24. I heard the Dolphins are in love with him and they pick at 21.
There's the Georgia center and I think the West Virginia center also.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe so!

But unless you're at the very top of the draft and don't want a QB (and can get a king's ransom for the pick) you should always wait to see who is there as the draft unfolds.

As you know, occasionally players fall.
Would be awful to trade out and then a top guy fall to that spot.
well that's why you wait, you wait hell maybe to the last second, we've been known to do that, then you see NEXT PICK, new team shows up, minutes later we get the contents of the trade!! Lol, I hear ya though

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't think the Oregon guy falls to 24. I heard the Dolphins are in love with him and they pick at 21.
There's the Georgia center and I think the West Virginia center also.
ok i'm going to look at those guys thanks so much, I've seen the WV guy, have to look more into the Georgia guy, are these guys Guards that can play center?