Podcast Parsons has a huge problem

CoachD

Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
A 240 pound guy going up against 330 pound men all season long....and dominating them......sometimes 2 or 3 at a time? Yeah that doesn't really sound like someone "soft".

Cmac

Reaction score
Soft?.....whoa on that one. Agree....Podcast Micah needs to shut down. If he just seize the gum flapping, it would be better. But the rookie contract is ending, and I have expected the Board Fall-out to be coming. That ain't a surprise.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
hey your name sounds familiar is that you old buddy?? Anyways, can you PLEASE get the video so we can see!!??? I've been a big advocate all season and last year of micah RUNNING up the field on every play as if every play is a pass play. He takes himself out of plays, and now making business decisions, didn't we just say this about Diggs last season???

aikemirv

Reaction score
Parson really has little experience playing the run from a DE position. He is not afraid of contact, he just does not have the technical ability to shed those blocks at the line. He needs to get back to the LB position and rush from there.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
A 240 pound guy going up against 330 pound men all season long....and dominating them......sometimes 2 or 3 at a time? Yeah that doesn't really sound like someone "soft".
It's not the word "soft" that is important, it's just a word. It's his execution against the run that's important.
He plays like a maniac jacked up on crack. Sometimes he hits pay dirt. Frequently he runs himself out of plays without even being blocked, before his brain catches up to what's happening on the field.

Great plays can lead to wins but mistakes kill.
Ask John Madden.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Parson really has little experience playing the run from a DE position. He is not afraid of contact, he just does not have the technical ability to shed those blocks at the line. He needs to get back to the LB position and rush from there.
He was the highest graded run defender in college at LB in his draft year.

We have him rushing the passer from the DE spot.

14 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles-That was his stat line in the Cotton bowl in 2019. From the LB spot.

This team has a tendency of playing people out of position and realizing it too late. Look at Byron Jones. Or Connor Williams.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
well isn't that why he was doing all the boxing and stuff in the off season?????

SackMaster

Reaction score
If there was a huge difference in Parsons' play Pre-Podcast vs Post-Podcast, I might agree.

But since there is no noticeable difference in his play, he is perfectly free to do what he wants in his free time, just like anyone else should be.

If I want to go to the club every night and party until the weee hours in the morning, as long as I produce at work, my boss shouldn't care less.

:thumbup:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's not the word "soft" that is important, it's just a word. It's his execution against the run that's important.
He plays like a maniac jacked up on crack. Sometimes he hits pay dirt. Frequently he runs himself out of plays without even being blocked, before his brain catches up to what's happening on the field.

Ask John Madden.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! Every play, right up the field, he has to break down, see and react!!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Is this what you people do? Pick the highest profile players on the team and focus all your rage on them for stupid stuff?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If there was a huge difference in Parsons' play Pre-Podcast vs Post-Podcast, I might agree.

But since there is no noticeable difference in his play, he is perfectly free to do what he wants in his free time, just like anyone else should be.

If I want to go to the club every night and party until the weee hours in the morning, as long as I produce at work, my boss shouldn't care less.

:thumbup:
the difference is showing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Ask John Madden.
He deserves criticism but to call him soft is extreme.