Podcast Parsons has a huge problem

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't have to.

If it was an actual football post, the title wouldn't be what it is.
That guys join date is Dec 25, 2023 ...... he has been here less than a month ........ he is obviously someone you pissed off on a new account...... don't fall for it.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I don't want you to be wrong. I think it's unfair to grade him on year one due to the unknown factor, but these last two seasons, yes he's been effective, but i'd say in year 2 he was more drained than anything, and banged up. Can you blame him no, because he's as someone mentioned doing the same guys, taking a beating etc. This year was good, but it wasn't GREAT, where were the big plays. I do think he was fresher this season as he rotated out at times to get a breather
I don't think it's no secret that in 3 seasons, Parsons starts the seasons strong, but fades late into the season:
  • Weeks 1-4 = 10.5 sacks
  • Weeks 5-8 = 10.0 sacks
  • Weeks 9-12 = 16.0 sacks
  • Weeks 13+ = 7.0 sacks
Does Parsons start his podcast after Thanksgiving, or is he doing it all year? If he is doing the podcast all season, how is he productive at the start of the year if its the podcast's fault? And for the record, I don't think any professional athlete should be doing a podcast during the season, but I'm a grumpy old man.

I believe the reason Parsons "falls off" late in the season is simple and should be obvious: He is a 240 lbs player consistently going against 300+ lbs players, and getting double and triple teamed a lot in the process.

Parsons is one hell of an athlete and is able to do more than virtually 99.99999999999% of the people on the face of the earth at his size ... but physics is unbeaten.

So while I'm not a fan of player podcasts during their seasons, in Parsons' case, I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to do it because it does not look to be effecting his play.

His play is dropping off late in the season, for sure, but I doubt it is due to his podcast.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ghee what could go wrong this offseason when ya give a Gen Z guy like Micah all that free time, and a Podcast of his own.? Hmm..wait for it...the implosion WILL happen. Whats being said now will be nothing by comparison. He lost my trust and confidence.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't get too caught up on language. It's up for interpretation.
Plus it's hard to communicate well in a text format.

I just think he made some good points outside of the word soft.
He literally said he’s soft, avoids contact at all costs and isn’t aggressive. That sounds like Micah to you? That sounds like someone describing Tristen Hill.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
See my post above.
Found it and gave you a like….lol. The only reason Parsons dropped so far to us is because the NFL was viewing him as a LB who was good blitzing. If anyone had seen film of him being an edge rusher regularly in college, he probably goes top 5 to a 3-4 team, but teams don’t draft guys that high on projection. The Cowboys would have passed him too if one of the CBs had been there. The Cowboys started working him at LB as a rookie until they saw his pass rush consistency….lol. I’m praying Mike and whoever is the DC moves us to more 3-4. I don’t want to give Parsons a monster contract if we are going to keep him at 4-3 DE.

CoachD

Reaction score
hey your name sounds familiar is that you old buddy?? Anyways, can you PLEASE get the video so we can see!!??? I've been a big advocate all season and last year of micah RUNNING up the field on every play as if every play is a pass play. He takes himself out of plays, and now making business decisions, didn't we just say this about Diggs last season???
If you're referring to the DC.com days then yup it's me!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
giphy.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
Found it and gave you a like….lol. The only reason Parsons dropped so far to us is because the NFL was viewing him as a LB who was good blitzing. If anyone had seen film of him being an edge rusher regularly in college, he probably goes top 5 to a 3-4 team, but teams don’t draft guys that high on projection. The Cowboys would have passed him too if one of the CBs had been there. The Cowboys started working him at LB as a rookie until they saw his pass rush consistency….lol. I’m praying Mike and whoever is the DC moves us to more 3-4. I don’t want to give Parsons a monster contract if we are going to keep him at 4-3 DE.
Switching to the 3-4 is the only way to justify what he is about to get paid. Or. Leave him at LB and let him patrol the middle and blitz on occasion. Keep the offense guessing.

CoachD

Reaction score
hey your name sounds familiar is that you old buddy?? Anyways, can you PLEASE get the video so we can see!!??? I've been a big advocate all season and last year of micah RUNNING up the field on every play as if every play is a pass play. He takes himself out of plays, and now making business decisions, didn't we just say this about Diggs last season???
Here you go check it out................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3WdI_v0RY

aikemirv

Reaction score
Switching to the 3-4 is the only way to justify what he is about to get paid. Or. Leave him at LB and let him patrol the middle and blitz on occasion. Keep the offense guessing.
I think the D would be much better as a whole anyway with him pursuing sideline to sideline and rushing on obvious passing downs anyway. We don't have a guy who enforces against the run like that. We are consistently getting beat outside the tackle because of our size. Rush him half as much from the LB position and I bet he still gets 13-15 sacks and we have a better run D

tunahelper

Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
Parsons is playing out of position. He needs to be a 3-4 weak side linebacker. He cannot and will not hold up at defensive end.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
I totally agree with you about how soft Parsons is when he's taking on O-Linemen or tackling anyone on a football field. The dude looks like he is letting up when he's making tackle, when he should be punishing his opponents! He uses more energy crawling on all fours after a sack than he does taking on run blockers!!!!!!!!! He's no LT and that's a FACT!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Parsons is playing out of position. He needs to be a 3-4 weak side linebacker. He cannot and will not hold up at defensive end.
I think the D would be much better as a whole anyway with him pursuing sideline to sideline and rushing on obvious passing downs anyway. We don't have a guy who enforces against the run like that. We are consistently getting beat outside the tackle because of our size. Rush him half as much from the LB position and I bet he still gets 13-15 sacks and we have a better run D
The fact fans realize this but coaches and the FO dont is baffling.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
He literally said he’s soft, avoids contact at all costs and isn’t aggressive. That sounds like Micah to you? That sounds like someone describing Tristen Hill.
He frequently tries to go around instead of maintaining position and shedding when needed, because he doesn't have the size and strength.
So yes, he is avoiding that contact as he knows he will lose at that battle.
It gets him out of position and puts him at a disadvantage.

He might be aggressive and he might smash into things, but he doesn't have what it takes to take on good run blocking consistently.
You only need to give up a few contains or gaps at inappropriate times to kill a game.
I will take consistently doing your job over a few flash plays, especially if it making a few flash plays is at the expense of mistakes that extend drives.

I wouldn't say Tristan Hills isn't aggressive, or soft. His results were just soft.
When Mikah messes up, is he soft or are the results soft?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Do you actually watch games all year or are you just turning it on during playoffs in time to ***** and moan about a player? Parsons is very physical. So physical in fact that he starts to wear down by the last third of the season. He’s fading at the end because he’s just worn out from the physical play at the LOS. He needs to move to LB permanently and rush on passing downs only.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He frequently tries to go around instead of maintaining position and shedding when needed, because he doesn't have the size and strength.
So yes, he is avoiding that contact as he knows he will lose at that battle.
It gets him out of position and puts him at a disadvantage.

He might be aggressive and he might smash into things, but he doesn't have what it takes to take on good run blocking consistently.
You only need to give up a few contains or gaps at inappropriate times to kill a game.
I will take consistently doing your job over a few flash plays, especially if it making a few flash plays is at the expense of mistakes that extend drives.

I wouldn't say Tristan Hills isn't aggressive, or soft. His results were just soft.
When Mikah messes up, is he soft or are the results soft?
I don’t think it’s soft related. He’s just not good against the run.