Poll | Toughest game down the stretch

Ren

Reaction score
Steelers, if we're somewhat healthy we can beat the Giants Pittsburgh got that nasty field going, it's going to be cold and their D is pretty damn good

Boysboy

Reaction score
This is an awfully tough one...

@Pitt - tough weather conditions on an even tougher field, plus Dick Lebeau's blitz schemes are pretty sick.

Giants - they've been playing every bit like the defending World Champions they are.

Baltimore - I'm probably the most at ease about this b/c their offense isn't scary(although Flacco looks to be the face of that franchise), but Rex Ryan's schemes are even scarier than Pitt's.

@Philly - not only do they hate us and want to spoil it for us bad, but McNabb is likely auditioning for a new team next year, and will look to play lights out. IF we can win our previous 3, then hopefully we can use this game to rest our starters going into the WC game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Ren;2449443 said:
Steelers, if we're somewhat healthy we can beat the Giants Pittsburgh got that nasty field going, it's going to be cold and their D is pretty damn good

Agreed. No doubt the steelers game is the toughest. It's on the road and on a crap field in front of a bunch of crazy rabid fans.

We're playing the Giants at home and they'll likely already have the NFC East title wrapped up (I think).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
For me.

Its the steelers without question.

Great defense, tough weather conditions and a slow field.

I happen to think we are going to beat the Giants no matter what. And one of the reasons is going to be the fans. I think the atmosphere for the giants game is going to be simply amazing judging from the last few years and that emotion will carry over to the field. There was a buzz about the giants game from people on my way out last night.

If you can get a ticket to the giants game, put off whatever you were going to do and buy it. I promise it is going to be special. And we are going to win.

and back to pittsburgh, if we win there we will be almost impossible to keep out of the playoffs. and for what its worth, no 8-4 Dallas Cowboys team has ever missed the playoffs, so hopefully that continues.

The Panch

Reaction score
Im just not scared of the Steelers. Their offense just doesnt seem legit to me and even tho our D has proven capable of making weak offenses look like last year's Patriots, I still think we'll clamp down on Hamburger and Flacco.

The real concerns to me are the Giants and Eagles. Not only cause they're in the Conference which would make the losses twice as bad come tie breaking time, but they're in the division and both hate us with a passion. Philly probably wont be in the playoff hunt the last week of the season, but they'll thrive on ending our season if given the opportunity and McNabb would love to have his last game as an Eagle owning the Cowboys like he's done so much throughout his career.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Eagles are getting more love than the Ravens.\

. . . oh, wait, at this stage it is just two votes total. nevermind . . . .

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Philly. Simply because its the last game of the season, and one which we MUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE to get into the playoffs. You have to think, we are probably going to drop 1 or 2 games out of those 4, and the smart money would be on the Pitt/NYG games. So, assuming that, it makes that Philly game a must-win. Philly despises us. Pressure on. Last game of season. Win or go home.

Therefore, I think that game will end up being the toughest one.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
theebs;2449466 said:
For me.

Its the steelers without question.

Great defense, tough weather conditions and a slow field.

I happen to think we are going to beat the Giants no matter what. And one of the reasons is going to be the fans. I think the atmosphere for the giants game is going to be simply amazing judging from the last few years and that emotion will carry over to the field. There was a buzz about the giants game from people on my way out last night.

If you can get a ticket to the giants game, put off whatever you were going to do and buy it. I promise it is going to be special. And we are going to win.

and back to pittsburgh, if we win there we will be almost impossible to keep out of the playoffs. and for what its worth, no 8-4 Dallas Cowboys team has ever missed the playoffs, so hopefully that continues.

I agree, the Stealers are our toughest opponent left on the schedule. They present matchup problems for us and the weather could very well play a factor in their favor. We've got to have Ware and Barber healthy for this one and pray for a dry field.

The Giants are obviously a very good team bu I think we will beat them this time. At home, weather shouldn't be a factor, and we matchup better with them IMO.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think the Steelers will be because of the environment and that fact it will be on the road. New York probably will not be as hungry to beat us as we will to beat them if we can beat the Steelers.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Keep in mind the Steelers are 4-2 at home this year. The weather would help but they are not invincible at home. The Giants are a much more daunting task. If we play error free football, don't get gashed by the run and challenge WR's instead of playing 7- 10 yards off them there is not a team in the league we can't beat.

We beat ourselves when we turn the ball over in terrible field position, take stupid penalities and come out with no emotion. When those 3 things are under control we can't be beat. The problem is, I haven't seen this team do that against 2 solid teams in a row, nevermind 4. Our last 3 opponents, and that includes Washington are nothing special.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Alexander;2449523 said:
I think the Steelers will be because of the environment and that fact it will be on the road. New York probably will not be as hungry to beat us as we will to beat them if we can beat the Steelers.

New York knows that if they beat us, especially if we lose to the Steelers, we can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye. They will have just as much incentive as us to win. They want to end our playoff lives, they were thinking about that 5 weeks ago when they played us.

I don't understand were everyone gets this idea that they will not be motivated to beat us? They are the champs, Coughlin is a hard asss and they are in the zone right now. The last thing Coughlin wants is for them to start feeling like we beat on them 3 weeks before the playoffs. If anything, he's gonna wantto grind us down, win that game and put some of our players out for the year. The Steelers do not score points against decent defenses. We win that game as long as we don't beat ourselves.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2449547 said:
New York knows that if they beat us, especially if we lose to the Steelers, we can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye. They will have just as much incentive as us to win. They want to end our playoff lives, they were thinking about that 5 weeks ago when they played us.

I don't understand were everyone gets this idea that they will not be motivated to beat us? They are the champs, Coughlin is a hard asss and they are in the zone right now. The last thing Coughlin wants is for them to start feeling like we beat on them 3 weeks before the playoffs. If anything, he's gonna wantto grind us down, win that game and put some of our players out for the year. The Steelers do not score points against decent defenses. We win that game as long as we don't beat ourselves.

Mark My words dude.

I never have guaranteed anything and really dont like that kind of thing.

But.

I am telling you, we are going to beat the giants. They could roll in here with LT, carson, banks and leonard marshall and we would beat them.

There are always moments where teams refuse to lose and I think that coupled with what the atmosphere is going to be like in the stadium is going to lead to a Dallas win.

I think the giants will be focused and rolling. But I think that day is going to be all about The cowboys desire.

This will be the last Great Game at the stadium. Emotion and atmosphere is going to be a key element. It is a sunday night game and the place is going to be amazing.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Rack;2449456 said:
Agreed. No doubt the steelers game is the toughest. It's on the road and on a crap field in front of a bunch of crazy rabid fans.

We're playing the Giants at home and they'll likely already have the NFC East title wrapped up (I think).

I don't think so myself... Yes Pitt has a nasty field, but I don't think it would be as bad as the marsh they played the Fins in last year. Their OL is suspect and Dallas is rushing the QB much better because Spencer is back and the defensive coaching seems to have found a few new wrinkles. If the offense plays consistent there is a chance, but they have to slow down that physical Pitt D because they are playing lights out.

The Giants are playing flawless football and I think the next great test lies beyond the Steeler game with our defense stopping the run of NYG.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
aardvark;2449565 said:
I don't think so myself... Yes Pitt has a nasty field, but I don't think it would be as bad as the marsh they played the Fins in last year. Their OL is suspect and Dallas is rushing the QB much better because Spencer is back and the defensive coaching seems to have found a few new wrinkles. If the offense plays consistent there is a chance, but they have to slow down that physical Pitt D because they are playing lights out.

The Giants are playing flawless football and I think the next great test lies beyond the Steeler game with our defense stopping the run of NYG.

They played the Dolphins in London.

lspain1

Reaction score
Folks, the first game in December, on the road in Pittsburgh, is going to be the toughest. If they win in Pittsburgh the pressure will lessen and the road gets easier, even if the Giants are there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;2449456 said:

Agreed.

Giants may be the better team but Pitt @ Pitt is no joke.

I actually expect us to beat New York @ home with Romo.

Its a Sunday Night Game too and we are nasty on Sunday Nights.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I believe we will beat the Stealers but I also think it is the tougher game for us.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I think it will be the Steelers.

We don't play them that often as we do the Eagles and giants.

I think they are better than the ravens so by process of elimination it's the steelers. Plus it's at Pitt. Not an easy place to play, especially in December.