Poll | Toughest game down the stretch

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I still say the Giants, simply because I think they're the best team in football and they've simply steamrolled people with their running game.

And we've been a good road team the last few years, so I'm not sure being away will hurt us that much against the Steelers.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2449639 said:
I still say the Giants, simply because I think they're the best team in football and they've simply steamrolled people with their running game.

And we've been a good road team the last few years, so I'm not sure being away will hurt us that much against the Steelers.

Our run defense hasn't been bad this season, except at times. Besides, if we can jump out to a lead then they won't run as much.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
THUMPER;2449652 said:
Our run defense hasn't been bad this season, except at times. Besides, if we can jump out to a lead then they won't run as much.

Oh yeah, I'm loving our run D the last few games. :)

It was just pretty impressive the way they stomped the Ravens D. And the last thing I want to see is that idiot Jacobs running wild.

Frankly, they almost need a little injury or something to slow them down. I think their entire O-line has started together something like two years straight now. That's crazy.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2449666 said:
Oh yeah, I'm loving our run D the last few games. :)

It was just pretty impressive the way they stomped the Ravens D. And the last thing I want to see is that idiot Jacobs running wild.

Frankly, they almost need a little injury or something to slow them down. I think their entire O-line has started together something like two years straight now. That's crazy.

have no fear.

We will find a way to beat the giants in two weeks. The place is going to be nuts and the emotion will be tremendous.

I got the sense that the team felt they could win in ny with johnson. I think we will see that same emotion, throw in the crowd and romo. We got em.

if we beat pittsburgh next week, we will be impossible to keep out of the playoffs and when we beat ny, the league will be looking at Dallas differently again.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;2449670 said:
have no fear.

We will find a way to beat the giants in two weeks. The place is going to be nuts and the emotion will be tremendous.

I got the sense that the team felt they could win in ny with johnson. I think we will see that same emotion, throw in the crowd and romo. We got em.

if we beat pittsburgh next week, we will be impossible to keep out of the playoffs and when we beat ny, the league will be looking at Dallas differently again.

Glad to see you so optimistic, my man!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2449675 said:
Glad to see you so optimistic, my man!

Just a hunch. There were people in the stadium talking about the giants.

I havent really seen that in the 6 years I have been here. There is a buzz in the stadium.

That will be the last great game at the stadium.

kramskoi

Reaction score
the toughest game is probably the Giants, especially if Jacobs is in the line up...PHI and NYG already beat the Steelers so i would expect the Cowboys to perform similarly, especially if Ware can return...pass-blocking has and continues to be Pittsburgh's major weakness...if they can harry Roethlisberger then they will make their task much easier...i'm hoping this game pans out like the @ Chicago game last year...

I guess the bottom line is can Dallas win a shoot out in Pittsburgh if their defense decides not to show up. Pittsburgh only gives up about 14.5 pts/game but Dallas is inching back up to 30 pts [28] a game since the return of Romo. Something has to give and hopefully [without the splint] he'll be better with the intermediate passes by the time they face Pittsburgh on 12/7.

If they can strike quick like they did against Seattle, they'll have an easier go of it...Willie Parker may or may not be one-hundred percent by then.

Finally, winning at Pittsburgh could be the springboard to greater success for the remainder of the season.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Absolutely the Giants, no question.

If we lose to the Giants, it almost automatically rules out the playoffs. We can't take on another divison loss, or a conference loss at that.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the minority and say either Baltimore or Philly.

@Pittsburgh is 1-2 vs against NFCE teams and they have struggled with the defensive pressure our division rivals have put on Pitts o-line. we seem to be getting more pressure every game since El Romo has returned. we also lead the league in sacks with 40 and Big Ben has been sacked the second most times this season by any qb.

NY Giants are rolling right now but we match up with them better than anybody else in the League. we are building confidence and if we beat Pitt I just don't see us losing to them. we are not the hunted this year we are the hunters. the G-men will be our prey.

Baltimore has been good on defense all year minus the colts/giants games. you know guys like T-Suggs,Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are gonna be pumped to play in the last game ever at Texas Stadium. I think the emotion will be through the roof(literally;) ) and it will be a very tough game.

@Philly imo will be eliminated from playoff contention by than but will definetly be looking to play spoiler against there most hated rival. It's gonna be cold and there could be bad weather.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seems I'm with the majority here. All the rest of our games are going to be tough.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I personally think that the Eagles will be the toughest. I can easily see the last wild card spot not being finalized until the last week. At this point, Reid and company are still mathematically in the nfc race. None of those games though are going to be an easy challenge.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I'm not scared of any of them. I believe in this team and don't give a crap who we play. We can win any game on any Sunday on any given week against any team, as long as we show up. And I think this team realizes all of it's vacation time has already been used up.

To pick one though; The Giants, because we legitimize them in their minds every time they beat us.

Section446

Reaction score
Even if the Steelers is the 'harder' game, the Giants game is far more important.

BHendri5

Reaction score
None of them are tough, on paper they seem that way. but they will not be. If I had to chose I would say the eagles.

Section446

Reaction score
Wow, the Eagles really made believers of people last night, I still just don't think they are very good.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DIAF;2449513 said:
Philly. Simply because its the last game of the season, and one which we MUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE to get into the playoffs. You have to think, we are probably going to drop 1 or 2 games out of those 4, and the smart money would be on the Pitt/NYG games. So, assuming that, it makes that Philly game a must-win. Philly despises us. Pressure on. Last game of season. Win or go home.

Therefore, I think that game will end up being the toughest one.

If we drop both the Pitt game and the Giants game we are going to be sitting home, the Philly game will not matter one bit.

Pitt game is the key. If we win that game, we would have to drop 2 of the last 3 to miss the playoffs which would be very hard to do.

If we lose the Pitt game, then we basically start the playoffs since every game will be single elimination games.

That means we have to win 6 games in a row to reach the SB (the final 3 to quailify as a Wildcard and then 3 road playoff games).