Poll: Trade up for stud or down for depth?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Up.

For instance, if we had a shot at the 2nd rated CB with a trade up instead of trading down and gathering up extra picks to get the 5th or 6th rated CB(s), then I say go for it.

I'd rather have the potential, future starter (star?) over a couple of nickel guys any day.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I would trade up for a Pro Bowler on the OL, especially a right tackle or great athletic pulling guard who is strong at the point of attack in short yardage.

Otherwise, I would be willing to stay put for a top notch safety or dynamic player at ILB.

Otherwise, I would trade down and look for some depth at OL and one surefire starter this year, developmental safety prospect, developmental WR and developmental ILB.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I think we stay unless a Bugala drops

but with 27 we will be in reach of Iupati

might have to trade up a couple of places

they only way I trade down is if Iupati is gone

I am sorry I don't trade up for Thomas

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3257181 said:
I cant do polls though

Giggidy

we definitely need quality, now if a stud og or safety is there, stay there, you can trade down if need to in 2nd or 3rd round. Again, we need quality, if you even come out of this draft with 4 to 5 players in draft fine. Use some of the lower picks or trade someone to move up, not far mind you, but get at least 3 quality impact players in this draft.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If they decide to pick OT I call up Baltimore and send them my first, second and Doug Free for Michael Oher.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Always depends on how the draft is falling, imo.
One thing I can't stand is to pass up potential superstars or for a pick on need only...just to end up with a roomful of JAGS. We got cute doing that years ago (se Sherman Williams, etc) and it was the beginning of the end of our 90s run. No matter how much talent your team has, you should go for high quality vs quanity...maybe even moreso with an already good team. You can always get your special teamers later.

1...So, if a dream player that really would help us has dropped all the way to 20th or so, maybe we go up and get him.

2...Or if the board looks so-so when our 27th pick comes up (or if we have 3-4 guys we like equally there) then we trade down and get an extra pick.

Always get value and try your best to overlap with need.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257410 said:
If they decide to pick OT I call up Baltimore and send them my first, second and Doug Free for Michael Oher.

I wanted him in the draft a couple of years ago but no way I'd make that trade.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3257419 said:
I wanted him in the draft a couple of years ago but no way I'd make that trade.

It was last year- he would be 1 year pro and proven. Hell yeah i'd jump on that trade like spiderman, sure Free has potential but Oher is PROVEN as a dominant tackle in the NFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257422 said:
It was last year- he would be 1 year pro and proven. Hell yeah i'd jump on that trade like spiderman, sure Free has potential but Oher is PROVEN as a dominant tackle in the NFL.
I like Oher too, but he looked an awful lot like Free in the playoffs.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DFWJC;3257431 said:
I like Oher too, but he looked an awful lot like Free in the playoffs.

Free was fantastic vs Jared Allen the leading sacker and he didnt allow one sack, Witten allowed the TFL and the Sack

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257435 said:
Free was fantastic vs Jared Allen the leading sacker and he didnt allow one sack, Witten allowed the TFL and the Sack
So.... why do want to toss him along with possibly another starter (if we succeed with 27th pick), plus yet another draft pick? Seems rich.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DFWJC;3257455 said:
So.... why do want to toss him along with possibly another starter (if we succeed with 27th pick), plus yet another draft pick? Seems rich.

That could've been a fluke performance by Free. Plus I want a Oher Cowboys jersey.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I would trade down a few spots in the first round, maybe very early second round, for a extra 3rd.