Poll: Were You Born Before Or After Super Bowl XXX?

When were you born?

• Total voters

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Good poll.

A poll that divides us between those that were old enough to be able to understand what we were watching during the most recent glory years and those that were not would be interesting.

Technically I'm old enough to have seen the assassination of JFK but my age was counted in months back then.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak, Zeke, Leighton, and Amari were not born yet.

Ray Donaldson started in that last Super Bowl. He'll be 61 in May.

I've seen every Super Bowl they've played in, though the first two are really foggy.
Maybe they are all members of the board and will vote in this poll?

Edit: Read @ClappingCarrot 's post. Vander Esch could boost the after option numbers.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Would be nice to have one asking who is actually old enough to remember the last SB. I don’t really remember much before around the year 2000, so while I was born, I have zero recollection of the last SB.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Been a fan since before first super bowl win ; so that means I survived the agonizing drops and defeats of the 70’s.. enjoyed destroying the orange crush ... cried at the catch :.. and struggled through the we will get em next year of the early 80’s , qb dujour , how dare you fire Landry for this chump .. to wow what a Ballsy coach ... how dare you trade walker to thank you Minnesota and 3 Super Bowls .. to the current times

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This was the year I became a fan, The Star on the helmet got me hooked...Anyone remember the year??

Record:
10-4-0, 1st NFC East Division (Schedule and Results)

Coach: Tom Landry (10-4-0)

Points For: 299 (21.4/g) 10th of 26

Points Against: 221 (15.8/g) 4th of 26

Expected W-L: 9.4-4.6

SRS: 6.97 (5th of 26), SOS: 1.40

Playoffs:
Won Divisional Round 5-0 vs. Detroit Lions
Won Conference Championship 17-10 vs. San Francisco 49ers
Lost Super Bowl 13-16 vs. Baltimore Colts
1971, maybe?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would be nice to have one asking who is actually old enough to remember the last SB. I don’t really remember much before around the year 2000, so while I was born, I have zero recollection of the last SB.
One of the benefits of becoming a Zone supporter is the ability to create polls. Donate today for that poll! :starspin:

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Born in 1987

I can remember 'watching' the Cowboys dynasty, but didn't have an attachment to them.

I became a full-on fan in 2000ish....we don't need to revisit those early 2000s seasons...

As a fan, I've never seen the Dallas Cowboys advance past the divisional round of the playoffs lol....

GenoT

Reaction score
you seen it all just about lol...in life and with this franchise. I am pert near in that same boat myself.
66yo, and one of the things that keeps me going as a fan (and on a site like this)...

I wanna be around when the younger fans get their first taste of a SB win!

Cowboys then, Cowboys now, Dallas by-God Cowboys FOREVER!

Rayman70

Reaction score
66yo, and one of the things that keeps me going as a fan (and on a site like this)...

I wanna be around when the younger fans get their first taste of a SB win!

Cowboys then, Cowboys now, Dallas by-God Cowboys FOREVER!
same as me...I hear you.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
One of the benefits of becoming a Zone supporter is the ability to create polls. Donate today for that poll! :starspin:
A_Shameless_Plugs1lDetail.png

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Born in ‘58. Been a Cowboys fan since 1964, when my dad took me to my first Cowboys game in the Cotton Bowl. I’ve seen every Cowboys playoff game (just on TV) including all 8 SBs they played in. I’m almost 61 and the last time the Cowboys played in a Super Bowl in January ‘96, I was almost 38.