1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Poll: What to do with Dak?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Setackin, Feb 5, 2020.

?

What do u want to do with Dak this off-season?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2020.
  1. Sign Dak long term ASAP

41.0%
  2. Franchise Dak but get long term deal done.

13.7%
  3. Franchise Dak and draft a QB round 1.

10.1%
  4. Franchise Dak, draft a QB in multiple rounds.

5.0%
  5. Let Dak walk, sign a Vet FA, and draft a QB round 1.

13.7%
  6. Let Dak walk, draft a QB round 1

1.4%
  7. Let Dak walk, sign Vet FA.

3.6%
  8. Let Dak walk, draft multiple QBs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sign Dak long term, draft a QB round 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other: explain in comments

11.5%
  1. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88

3,287 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    That’s another poll :laugh:

DFWJC likes this.
  2. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,917 Messages
    2,094 Likes Received
    Make the announcement, "We're keeping all our options on the table."

3. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88

3,287 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    That’s a whole nother topic lol

4. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

25,709 Messages
    66,847 Likes Received
    39.9?

Bob-Lillys-War likes this.
  5. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,927 Messages
    2,893 Likes Received
    I'd tag him and give him a year under McCarthy, then based on how he does either pay him or not.

If McCarthy actually pushes him into all-pro/Super Bowl contender territory, who cares if he's expensive? If he doesn't pan out let McCarthy pick his man in 2021.

e: I'm morbidly impressed that the unproven $40m demand rumor just won't go away.

6. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,539 Messages
    21,246 Likes Received
    The problem from what I understand is Dak doesn't want a very long term contract like Zeke got. He wants more of the 3 year type so he can get another big contract when everything goes up. The 40 million that came up is what he wants if he signs the 7 year deal but would take around 35 +/- if he signed the 3 year. I don't believe Dak wants 40 million for 3 years though.

I don't have a link to the article as I read it months ago but it seems legit. I could, however, be completely wrong.

Bob-Lillys-War likes this.
  7. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,539 Messages
    21,246 Likes Received
    Reports are if he is tagged he will hold out of offseason workouts. With a completely new coaching staff that would be terrible

8. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

14,777 Messages
    8,857 Likes Received
    How do you have every option under the sun, even sown options that make absolutely zero sense, yet, trading dak isn't a choice?

Tag and trade gets my vote

9. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice

20,523 Messages
    21,514 Likes Received
    He was tagged twice. First time was non exclusive

10. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

6,270 Messages
    6,975 Likes Received
    ^^This. What to do depends totally on how much Dak can be signed for.

11. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

9,931 Messages
    16,095 Likes Received
    I'm no fan of Cousins, but he did lead the Vikes to the playoffs and played well down the stretch. Why would they have been stuck with him for 10 years, they might not be well run, but not even they would sign a 10 year contract. Haskins hasn't proved he will be the guy and if he isn't it might well be 10 years before the Redskins be considered contenders.

12. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

23,250 Messages
    56,949 Likes Received
    We Interrupt This Program....:lmao:
    [​IMG]

Bob-Lillys-War and charron like this.
  13. charron

charron Well-Known Member

6,139 Messages
    6,466 Likes Received
    Transition tag him. See what his actual market is. Then decide if we can let him go or match the offer. We could sign a veteran that won't require 27 million a year and draft a guy to groom behind him for the next year.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  14. PhilMc90

PhilMc90 New Member

4 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Get him on a long term deal and move onto Cooper and building out the rest of the squad

Getting rid for me puts the team back at least 2 years as a new QB will take time to settle and have a team built around them

Franchising delays the inevitable - it’s already cost them at least 5mill a year by not getting the deal done last off season. Can’t see anything other than him signing for an even greater amount eventually if he’s franchised

Too many pieces in place for me to even consider moving on from Dak plus he’s coming off a hell of a year stat wise and just keeps getting better and better

snapper likes this.
  15. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

679 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Sign him ASAP.

He may not be the second coming of Joe Montana, but he can win. Get er done, Jerruh.

16. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

3,815 Messages
    4,565 Likes Received
    Other: Big Mike is going to want to work with Dak to see How it goes. You just can't push MM to be married to Dak. Franchise him and work on the "D" side of the ball. If a QB falls in the right spot then take a flyer. Dak is good..."Special" is not a term I would use. keep looking.

17. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

20,322 Messages
    38,077 Likes Received
    Why do people keep saying this as if Dak has no choice?

He didn't show any signs of being in a hurry to get a deal done whether the Cowboys wanted to or not. He bet on himself, expecting the price to rise.

VACowboy likes this.
  18. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

6,500 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    What kind of contract will Dak sign ASAP?

19. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

20,322 Messages
    38,077 Likes Received
    Reports I heard today are Dak is seeking $36 million annually. If that's true I'm not doing an extension.

Frankly, I'm not signing any QB to that type of extension unless he's got the look of a future Hall of Famer. Paying a good QB like he's great, just because he's the best one you have, isn't going to make that QB better. It's just going to weaken his supporting cast, which will actually make your team worse.

20. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

24,272 Messages
    41,592 Likes Received
    I would transition tag him and check the wind before FA and the draft. If I got the feeling he was going to be a no show, I get a FA QB, draft a QB in the 1st, possibly trade up for Tua and rescind the tag after the draft. Tua is a lefty, so was Moore, I like that.

I tell my new HC that the plan has changed and he gets to bring Tua along slowly, do what he can with the FA QB and I immediately add a year to his contract giving him a 6 year deal. The circumstances changed after his hiring and I'd want him to feel good about the change. In fact, he might be more in favor of the change than the GM.

And think of the merch possibilities for Booger. On opening day 2021, Tua can put lei's on all the women entering the stadium and Booger can sell t-shirts that read "I got Leid by Tua". The concessions can sell Cowpoi. And best of all, Rowdy can do a torch dance at halftime and maybe set himself on fire.