Poll: Who is our most capable NFC East Rival

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The toughest midget on the block may be the Beagles with the Commandos close second, both should be improved...but really who cares; Dallas' problem is just competing outside the NFCE. Ay there's the rub. :(

Hardline

Reaction score
There will be 5 new first rounders in our division before we are even on the board.
And the Eagles are going to take every damn player I want to fall to us.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have to say the Giants. If healthy, they look better to me on paper.

I'll put Washington 2nd since the Eagles still don't have an NFL quarterback.

Flamma

Reaction score
There will be 5 new first rounders in our division before we are even on the board.
And the Eagles are going to take every damn player I want to fall to us.

I don't think the Eagles use all three 1st round picks. Not wise. They'll probably trade one of them for a 1st next year plus whatever else they get. But still, it's going to be painful watching the Giants and Eagles pick all of those players. Not looking forward to that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of the above

We’re going to have our hands full with all them we’re coming back to the pack. I’ve already seen several in the media picking Philly next season in the East.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I'm taking the team with the best offensive line, the Eagles. If they can get above average QB play from Hurts, they can take the division.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ironically, our non-QB still beat out what Washington has

The Eagles beat a lot of teams last year. That doesn't change who their quarterback is. He's a first read then run QB. That's why they had to switch to a run heavy offense to start winning. If I'm going to pick a team, I'd like to know they can use the passing game as a threat. That doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Eagles beat a lot of teams last year. That doesn't change who their quarterback is. He's a first read then run QB. That's why they had to switch to a run heavy offense to start winning. If I'm going to pick a team, I'd like to know they can use the passing game as a threat. That doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion.

I understand, but that also means you may be out on Wentz as well. Season the line, incredible talent around him, he got dunked on by the worst team in football. Multiple interceptions, 11 points on the board. However you feel about his passing acumen, Hurts can at least do that (or avoid doing that, more apt).

Flamma

Reaction score
I understand, but that also means you may be out on Wentz as well. Season the line, incredible talent around him, he got dunked on by the worst team in football. Multiple interceptions, 11 points on the board. However you feel about his passing acumen, Hurts can at least do that (or avoid doing that, more apt).

That had something to do with why I picked the Giants first. But the league seems to think somewhat positively about Wentz. Teams have given up a 1st and 3rd, and now a 2nd and 3rd provided he play 70% of the snaps. You think any team would give that up for Hurts?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That had something to do with why I picked the Giants first. But the league seems to think somewhat positively about Wentz. Teams have given up a 1st and 3rd, and now a 2nd and 3rd provided he play 70% of the snaps. You think any team would give that up for Hurts?

Some players are still living off their draft status all these years later. See: Jadeveon Clowney, Mitch Trubisky, Amari Cooper, Eric Fisher

We did a trade in 2015 that was a perfect anecdote for this. Sam Bradford was 5 years removed from being first overall, and a consensus bust. Nick Foles just came off a 27-2 season the year before, one I still consider the best eagles regular season I’ve ever seen. Better than Wentz. But Nick was a third round pick.

Moral of the story: we had to give the Rams a 2 and a 4 for them to take the deal. Because Sam’s draft status loomed over their decision-making.

So no, I don’t think Jalen will go for as much because he’s a second round pick as opposed to the second pick. But Jordan Love is going to garner way more than anyone expects, because he has fresh day 1 status.

Last edited:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way this team is being ripped apart I'd say we aren't at the top of the tree

RonWashington

Reaction score
Who is our most capable rival in the NFC East?

I'm not sure if this thing will let me make a poll, but here are the options, obviously:

Eagles
Commanders
Giants

Edit: It didn't let me post a poll, but write your opinion.

The Eagles made the playoffs and now have I believe 11 draft draft picks come April .

jay94

Reaction score
Based on what we have done and our projected doing I think it will be a 3 team race, Eagles, Commanders, and us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We went 6-0 last year. I’m not worried about any of them. What I do think is that IF the division becomes a little more competitive, maybe it will serve our team and prepare us for the playoffs.