Image: Pollack wasn't too happy with Randle

DandyDon52

Reaction score
not a Randle fan, but he has had most of the carries this season, so it was really ******** to bench him in this very close game.
He should have got the 3rd and 1 carry not CM.

going over the top was ok to me, extending the ball worked, and if your going to get on him or penalize him do it after the game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
not a Randle fan, but he has had most of the carries this season, so it was really ******** to bench him in this very close game.

going over the top was ok to me, extending the ball worked, and if your going to get on him or penalize him do it after the game.

Randle wasn't going to change the outcome of that game. He was averaging under 3 YPC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Randle wasn't going to change the outcome of that game. He was averaging under 3 YPC.

he was the most experienced back they had, he should have played and done the 3rd and 1, if he gets even 2 its a 1st down.
CM had not had 1 carry ! lol and they put him in for that big play ??
Dmc would be better than CM, at least he has had a few carries each game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
he was the most experienced back they had, he should have played and done the 3rd and 1, if he gets even 2 its a 1st down.
CM had not had 1 carry ! lol and they put him in for that big play ??
Dmc would be better than CM, at least he has had a few carries each game.

Randle just flat out decided to not listen to his coaches on the goal line and you want to use him again on 3rd and 1. That sounds like a terrible way to get your point across. Maybe Randle would have done a full front flip to get the yard.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It wasn't that he was penalized. It was that he threw away the coaches' trust because he wasn't taking care of the ball. If he'd taken care of the ball early, he wouldn't have been sitting late.

JDSmith

Reaction score
And that's most likely what it was designed to do. Looks similar to the Detroit TD run where Murray went between Leary and Smith.

Well sure, he did everything wrong, but it worked. For some of our fans the fact that our blind squirrel found a nut is more than enough. Why bother putting in a guy who will actually follow the blocks when you can have Randle 360 dunk it over the goal line? The backhand fumble is a lot more exciting.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Hmmm that's questionable. He has shown the ability to create positive runs out of nothing. His backup can't change direction without falling and generally is waiting to be tackled.

Not saying Randle is Eric Dickerson or anything but he IMO is so much better than McFadden it's shocking.

So to your point, maybe Randle breaks a few runs that changes things.

RW31

Reaction score
That is just not going to happen. To much of a downgrade of talent.
Talen isn't everything. There was a guy named Tony Romo like a decade ago who nobody knew and who wasn't even drafted and he's doing pretty good. Talent can help and get you to that elite level if everything else is in place (passion, hard work, skill etc.) a lot of times talent can be a curse. I'm obviously not saying some nobody who hasn't proven anything yet will be our next All Pro type player, but let's give guys who aren't as talented but work hard and get the job done shots every once in a while.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hmmm that's questionable. He has shown the ability to create positive runs out of nothing. His backup can't change direction without falling and generally is waiting to be tackled.

Not saying Randle is Eric Dickerson or anything but he IMO is so much better than McFadden it's shocking.

So to your point, maybe Randle breaks a few runs that changes things.

Randle has developed a pattern of disappearing in the second halves of games. Typical scatback behavior. So I'm not surprised at all that the coaches didn't use him on that crucial 3rd & 1.

What I am surprised at is that they ran an ice cold CMike out there for that one play. Coaching for dummies 101. Don't put a cold player in for a crucial down.

That's like just tossing Cassell out there for a crucial 3rd & 15. 1st play of the game. Go get us a 1st down Matt. No. We're not putting you in at the beginning of a series. Get off the snide for this one play and go toss us a 1st down pass.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is just not going to happen. To much of a downgrade of talent.

I consider cutting him if we had a good game from Michael. Its not Randle is a gifted player, he can be replaced by a guy off the street if Michael steps up.
I honestly dont think he is any better then Ben Tate

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Randle has developed a pattern of disappearing in the second halves of games. Typical scatback behavior. So I'm not surprised at all that the coaches didn't use him on that crucial 3rd & 1.

What I am surprised at is that they ran an ice cold CMike out there for that one play. Coaching for dummies 101. Don't put a cold player in for a crucial down.

That's like just tossing Cassell out there for a crucial 3rd & 15. 1st play of the game. Go get us a 1st down Matt. No. We're not putting you in at the beginning of a series. Get off the snide for this one play and go toss us a 1st down pass.

Randle definitely is a guy who should be limited to 15 carries. But he's a solid player in that role IMO. My problem is that we have to rely on McFadden At all. The front office definitely mismanaged the RB situation this offseason. Letting Murray walk was fine, but they fumbled on how to fill that absence.

Let's home Michael can jump in and push DMC to the bench. But even that is a huge ?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Saying Pollack wasn't too happy with Randle is like saying Napoleon wasn't too happy at Waterloo. ;)