Pollard is a better receiver than Gallup

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This overhyping of Gallup is getting too much especially when his contract is about to come up. It’s also really disrespectful when fans said he could be #1 or is a #1b. Dude benefits from Amari and Zeke and will get exposed like Juju if he has to step up.

This offense should give more opportunity to Pollard who is already a better route runner, better hands, and speed to attack defenses in multiple ways.

Lol!!! Some people believe anything that's in the media.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
6th in the NFL in receiving yards per game.

behind Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, Davante Adams and Mike Evans.

While having as many TD as Julio and More than Adams.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Wow, the crazy on this forum is really something to behold.
I don't remember the crazy being as bizarre as its been this offseason. Can blame the virus, but i think ill blame that sadistic human being Dak Prescott for holding out. Hes drove everyone Jim Carry level of nuts. All should go back to normal once some solid news about his contract situation is released...well at least normal by Cowboyszone standards :)

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This overhyping of Gallup is getting too much especially when his contract is about to come up. It’s also really disrespectful when fans said he could be #1 or is a #1b. Dude benefits from Amari and Zeke and will get exposed like Juju if he has to step up.

This offense should give more opportunity to Pollard who is already a better route runner, better hands, and speed to attack defenses in multiple ways.

You proved you actually know little about football and made at least 1 incorrect statement. The incorrect statement is that Pollard has better speed. Pollard did a 4.51 40 yard dash and Gallup had done a 4.45 40 yard dash. Now to prove how little you know about football. A back coming out of the backfield automatically has more distance between them and whoever is covering him than what receivers get. Second, the overwhelming majority of times a back is covered by a LB who is slower than DB's which makes it easier to be open and pick up yards after catch. Lastly the majority of times a back catches the ball behind or at the line of scrimmage or at most 3-7 yards down field. Yes occasionally a back as a safety blanket gets a ball 9-10 yards downfield when defenses are in a zone defense and makes a big gain, but that's not the norm. Anyone that tries to compare a backup RB to a starting WR proves how little they know about the sport.

cern

Reaction score

Pollard does have attributes that enable him to be a mismatch at times. But to say he's a superior receiver to gallup is sbsurd.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Pollard stans are funny. Like I said, he should focus on breaking some more kick returns and not fumble in crucial moments before he becomes a fan favorite

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You are so full of crap. If Pollard is better than Gallup as a receiver that means he a 1000 + yard receiver. There is no one that thinks that. I don't understand your issue with Gallup. He's been great for this team. Who cares if he's not a 1WR? That's not what we have him for. There is no "overhype" of this young man. He's humble and talented. He has earned a raise so when that comes due I say pay the man.

Pollard is good too... in his limited role. I think you are just trying to find a way to get the ball to Pollard more by slamming on Gallup.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't have the stats to back it up for 2019 but it just seemed like a whole lot of catches Gallup had to make were tough ones, he really had to reach for them. I'm not saying all of them, but a large portion, it seemed.

Something I've noticed over the past 8-10 seasons, not a lot of love for that 2nd receiver. From Miles Austin to Terrance Williams and now Michael Gallup. Actually, with Jason Witten at TE, the 2nd receiver is 3rd. Be it as it may, I suppose fans won't be happy until we have two legitimate #1's.

Enter CeeDee Lamb. However, that is probably a year off, which means plenty of time to start building that animosity towards Amari Cooper.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
6th in the NFL in receiving yards per game.

behind Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, Davante Adams and Mike Evans.

While having as many TD as Julio and More than Adams.

Leads the league in drops , has the benefit of playing with #1 WR and TOP RB in the league.

Pollard brings more value to offense with his ability to attack defenses in multiple ways.

I’ll take Alvin Kamara esque RB over a ball dropping Juju like always a #2 WR.