Twitter: Pollard says he tore his left plantar fascia

CWR

Reaction score
Mine took a year.

It's a nagging, annoying injury that takes forever to heal because it's weight bearing.

But apparently it's better if you completely tear it as Pollard has. I still can't imagine it not being an issue the rest of the season.

Didn't realize you could hurt yourself playing Xbox and trolling fan boards. Be careful out there buddy.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Both RB’s being banged up and a lot of season left. These guys need some rest for the playoff run.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just when we most need to crank up the running game.

Mr. Prescott needs to step up and forget the excuses.
Dak doesn't make excuses. He actually takes responsibility, unlike the previous one before him.

You might want to get your facts straight, pard'ner.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I’d put more blame on the CBA, and plain old bad luck. These clubs all have pretty good strength and conditioning. Why wouldn’t they with all the money involved?
We’ve been dealing with a lot of injuries these last few years.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Yikes, if he plays through that and is effective my hat off to him. I've never heard good things about that injury.

FreePollard

Reaction score
Zeke Fanboi
Hasn't Zeke been injured for like four games now? The ones where he has been complete trash?

FYI yes I know you aren't the fanboi...I just don't feel like arguing with the guy you responded to because you can't fix stupid but I felt the need to laugh at the guy talking about Zeke like he hasn't ever been injured.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Pollard is fragile.

a-christmas-story-fragile.gif

For soft:facepalm: Heard Micha has a hip problem also....:facepalm:

T-RO

Reaction score
I had plantar fasciitis and it almost instantly went away.

A lot of it has to do with having weak feet. A lot of us wear these big padded shoes and humans weren’t meant to walk on pillows.

Just going outside and walking around barefoot and grabbing the ground with your feet as you walk will strengthen those muscles.

Also, you might want to look into some barefoot shoes or shoes with little padding in them and start out going for a walk.

But for sure just start by spreading your toes out and walking outside barefoot.

Big difference between mild plantar fasciitis, severe plantar fasciitis and something torn.

Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the bands of tissue, and a tear is actually damage or small breaks in the fibers of the fascia plane.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
blame the coaches and tell coaches to play pollard more and this is why..we now know why the fans need to shut up and let the coaches coach..poor zekes limping and had to close out the game..poor pollard, he isnt zeke..

egg on all your faces saying pollard needed more snaps after that big run and turns out he hurt himself..smh

coaches know what's up, you all dont..pollards also not a lead back you can count on for a heavy load weve been saying this and no one listens. He never got touched and hurt himself..

Kamara, cooks, and Cmac and others all keep landing on the inured list and missing games..thats why..its tough game the fact zeke only missed one game in 5 years dude to injury with his heavy load says all you need to know about lead back vs a change of pace style back..

Its a shame hes hurt but his only advantage over zeke was a big run here and there.. with foot he will struggle to even offer anything to a regulars run game..
Wow talk about overreacting....

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
When I was young and in the Army I had that hardcore type of mentality that you just rub dirt on it and move on. I partially tore my rotator cuff let it heal on its own and did not even get treatment. One time while in the field a bunch of us got Dysentery. I went days with that issue until I almost passed out and my SGT forced me to go get treatment and then I slept for three days without urinating once. The things you do when you are young and think you have to be tough. However when I got that Plantar facia that took the wind out of my sails. Like someone said it was really bad in the morning after waking up, some mornings I did not know If I was going to make it to the bathroom it was so painful. Of course walking around all day in Cochran jump boots was not good either. But that stuff...I did actually go and get treatment for it after trying about a bottle full of motrin with no relief. I told my SGT...you know me and know it is bad if I am going for treatment on this. A few shots up in the bottom of my foot after some time it finally got better.

Now I know this guy is young and in great shape. But I would imagine that even if he could tough it out it would probably be worse for him in the long run. With him running fast and cutting a bunch it would just take longer for it to heal.

So I guess, it was not the FO trying to fool us like someone suggested. Looks to be legit and I hope he heals soon.
I've had that shot in the bottom of my foot 3 times now. I think the doctor was a sadist. I'm finally better but that pain was a proctogical discomfort.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My heart sunk when I read the title of this thread. If Pollard doesn't play, well, I don't want to say what I'm thinking about our game with the deadskins.

JBond

Reaction score
Well... that sucks.

Sigh... why can't we have nice things?