Pollard's Injury

offlimits

Reaction score
We have hundreds of fibula fractures and hundreds of ankle sprains to show that this is not a major injury going into the offseason. If this were week 9 yeah you should panic. Dak had a fracture that literally popped the bone through the skin. Gallup had an ACL injury which we also see a history of guys taking a year to fully recover.

I believe the cowboys medical staff on this one because we have both data and anecdotal evidence that suggests pollard will be 100% week 1
I had a compound fracture when I was a kid. Yep, you could see the bone through the skin. Pollard's was much less traumatic. Supposedly, he should be good to go in July. If I run into him at some of the eateries here in Frisco I will post an update.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I had a compound fracture when I was a kid. Yep, you could see the bone through the skin. Pollard's was much less traumatic. Supposedly, he should be good to go in July. If I run into him at some of the eateries here in Frisco I will post an update.
it was a fracture..jeez of course less dramatic.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Putting the tag on him was dumb. Even if he didn’t break his leg. 10 million for one year could have gotten you 4 very good RB with them making about 2 million a year. Looks like giants are thinking of letting barkley test the market. They realized 10 is way to much. It’s why we let Elliot go. He will not like his offers coming. And is why Elliot might be back to us.

If we leave the tag on Pollard it will be his big payday. If we pull it then Pollard will be mad but what do you expect when you have a broken leg. Offer Pollard a 2 year deal for that 10 million and all guaranteed if you believe in him. I think that might be a mistake if he isn’t going to be himself. But we saw him break his foot or rip something and came back strong.

visionary

Reaction score
What was the problem with Dak's leg the year he came back? Do you recall the games he missed because of the ancillary stress which caused thecalf strain?

Thanks, Doc, for your insight. Good thing you post here.
Dak injury
Gallup injury

Bad evaluation both times
Now same with Pollard most likely

It was extremely stupid to franchise tag Pollard but that’s who we are, an incompetent organization

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can this team really trust a guy who had his leg broken for him during the second quarter of the last game of the year?

Dak broke his ankle and it took two off seasons and a full season before he was steady enough to now worry about the ankle.

What makes anyone think you can just plug in Pollard and things will be okay?

And on top of that, he's been tagged and paid a premium price to rehab with nothing guaranteed next season. And sitting behind him on the depth chart are just guys.
Completely different injury.

Dak has displacement fractures of the Tibia (large bone) and Fibula (small bone) as well as ligament damage.

Pollard had a hairline fracture of the Fibula (small bone) and ligament damage.

They didn't repair Pollard's break. They surgery was specific to the ligament damage.

NFL players have returned during the season from Fibula breaks but never from Tibia breaks.

I've had the Dak injury and I've had a hairline fracture of the Fibula.

Major Injury (The Dak type injury):
- With the major injury, I couldn't put weight on it for over 3 months and couldn't have drive a car.
- I had a cast for 3 months and a protective boot for another 3 months.

Minor Injury (Hairline fracture of the Fibula):
- I was in a protective boot for 3 weeks then participating in my chosen sport afterwards.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If you're saying for every delayed healing timeline that there is a corresponding example of a player healing quicker then all I can say again is that initial public healing report timelines on Cowboys are inconsistent at best.
and?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard doesn't have the usage that Elliott had at this age.

At 25 years old Pollard has had 510 carries and 121 receptions.

At 25 years old Elliott had 1413 carries and 241 catches.

It's a significant difference in usage. I worry little about age or usage hurting Pollard or that he will drop off starting this year. If anything stunts him it will be the injury only.

Pollard is a different type of player too.

He’s more of a weapon than anything. He’s going to get Christian McCaffrey type of use I think.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He didn’t “break his leg”.

If this is your “expert analysis” of this situation, please just confirm so I can put you on ignore.
Please put me on ignore since you evidently didn't read all the comments I made in this thread.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I understood completely which bone he broke when I posted this thread. Let's be clear about that. A fracture is a crack and a crack is a break, no matter what anyone wants to argue. Degrees I concede. But the fact still remains he broke it in the last game of the year.

Jerry just paid a RB that has been in the league for four years 10 million dollars after a severe injury. Seems the angst by the people here about the life expectancy of a running back in this league changes depending on the RB's name.

Jerry is betting on the come with this guy. I hope it works out.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Can this team really trust a guy who had his leg broken for him during the second quarter of the last game of the year?

Dak broke his ankle and it took two off seasons and a full season before he was steady enough to now worry about the ankle.

And on top of that, he's been tagged and paid a premium price to rehab with nothing guaranteed next season. And sitting behind him on the depth chart are just guys.
Clean fibula break should be just fine by season, I think Dak had a compound (tib fib) fracture…..much worse than a basic fibular Fx.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I understood completely which bone he broke when I posted this thread. Let's be clear about that. A fracture is a crack and a crack is a break, no matter what anyone wants to argue. Degrees I concede. But the fact still remains he broke it in the last game of the year.

Jerry just paid a RB that has been in the league for four years 10 million dollars after a severe injury. Seems the angst by the people here about the life expectancy of a running back in this league changes depending on the RB's name.

Jerry is betting on the come with this guy. I hope it works out.
Life expectancy of a running back should change depending on who that running back is. Zeke Elliott and Derrick Henry were drafted the same year but are two completely different cases. CMC and Austin Ekeler are going into year 7 still playing at high levels. Not saying I want any of those guys at current market value for an extended time, dont get me wrong.

Pollard while I agree we shouldn't lock him up for the next four seasons this is going to be year five with not a ton of touches and playing on a 1 year $10M deal. IMO that's probably best case scenario given the situation. I'm actually surprised that tagging RBs hasn't become more common.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard and Dak's injuries are not the same.
True.

Daks was a compound fracture. His leg/foot rotation was at least 45 degrees.

Tony tore ligaments and fractured his leg/ankle. The rotation was at least 90 degrees.

Havic

Reaction score
Yes he can be trusted.

Many years ago I watched Greg Jennings put the team on his back with a broken f’ing leg.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Man this team don't need hate from other fan bases, we get the hate twice as bad from "our own"
The ignore button is YOUR friend. I used to not see the value in it, but since I've used it, my experience on the site is much more gratifying. As the ignores GROW!!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak injury
Gallup injury

Bad evaluation both times
Now same with Pollard most likely

It was extremely stupid to franchise tag Pollard but that’s who we are, an incompetent organization
In fairness, with Pollard you are talking about a healing bone as the biggest issue. That's a lot easier to monitor and give definitive time lines. Structural issues like tendons, ligaments, etc. they can be more tricky. And yes, this comes from a family member who is an orthopod. Sure, there could be complications for Pollard. There could also be the mental aspect of it where Pollard might struggle to trust his leg. But typically, broken bones (assuming nothing unique about the break) aren't as hard to diagnose recovery times, etc.

I am less concerned about Pollard being ready for the season than I was for either Dak or Gallup.

Sydla

Reaction score
True.

Daks was a compound fracture. His leg/foot rotation was at least 45 degrees.

Tony tore ligaments and fractured his leg/ankle. The rotation was at least 90 degrees.
LOL, you keep trying to beat this drum and you probably are even going to beat this drum harder now that your boy Elliott was sent packing.

Pollard's injury was less severe than Dak's. Any doctor will tell you that. But I forgot, you WebMD'd a picture.

conner01

Reaction score

He has his highest comp pct, TD and second most yards the next season

DuncanIso

Reaction score
LOL, you keep trying to beat this drum and you probably are even going to beat this drum harder now that your boy Elliott was sent packing.

Pollard's injury was less severe than Dak's. Any doctor will tell you that. But I forgot, you WebMD'd a picture.
It’s the truth bro.

#ZekeHate