Portis looking very good against Pitt...

Rezz

Mr. Blonde
Reaction score
Wheat said:
again, it was a preseason game. I don't know how anybody can read into this.

Ramsey's INT was to where Trash was supposed to be. They talked about that in post-game.

Other than that, he was perfect 5 for 5 on his last drive, and threw the TD.... against the Steeler starting D.

I'm more impressed with our running game of Portis and Betts.....and even Rock. The OL while healthy should be decent (no sacks against the Burgh). And the D held tight with the exception of one big run.

Still, its preseason, and has no more weight than last week did for us (I believe). Its all about individual performance, people fighting for jobs and QB's/WR's working on timing.

I doubt we'll ever throw this much in a reg season game.

Here's a question, Captain Commander...why does Portis always seem to be falling down when he tries to hit a hole? All night I saw him hit the gash and immediately fall to the ground....Why is it that Julius can stay on his feet and hit these holes...but Clinton is constantly hitting the ground...if you don't believe me...go watch the tape...It's like Portis has magical shoes on him that pull him down after seven yards.

Smith22

Reaction score
Wheat said:

Ramsey's INT was to where Trash was supposed to be. They talked about that in post-game.

Other than that, he was perfect 5 for 5 on his last drive, and threw the TD.... against the Steeler starting D.

I'm more impressed with our running game of Portis and Betts.....and even Rock. The OL while healthy should be decent (no sacks against the Burgh). And the D held tight with the exception of one big run.

Still, its preseason, and has no more weight than last week did for us (I believe). Its all about individual performance, people fighting for jobs and QB's/WR's working on timing.

I just caught bits and pieces before I left, but I did see one INT. Ramsey was under serious pressure from an OLB O believe, and he just lofted the ball in the air towards a Commander to avoid the sack, at least that is what it looked like to me. I TIVO'D the game to spy on both teams, so I will check it again later.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Wheat said:

Hey Bufford, I was more impressed with the play of your O-line. Looks like Jensen is really helping the line gel.

Heard last night the Brunnell had a hammy injury last year that I heard nothing about last year, now he's lighting it up in pre-season. have the Brunell vs. Ramsey wars started in DC land started yet ?

I was flipping between the Giants - Jets game and the Steelers - Skins. I gotta say, outside of the Eagles, the Skins look much better than the Giants in our division this year.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
alright, Brunell has looked good. But has really only completed a few passes down field. They've been forcing Ramsey to throw deep. He's the starter, especially after last night.

Personally, before the preseason, I felt the Giants would be the team that would take a big step forward while Washington and Dallas was going to be like 6-10, 7-9 again.

Skins26

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Yeah, Ramsey didn't look so hot. Still looks like like a rookie or 2nd year guy. I think he'll spend a lot of time on his back against us.
The thing is....Ramsey is sorta a 2nd year guy....sorta. Last year was his first year in a real NFL system. He improved throughout the year last year. He's improved every preseason game so far. If you take away the int., which was a combo of pressure and miscommunication, he had a very solid night against last years #1 D. Especially on his last drive where he was prefect and threw a TD.

As far as him spending alot of time on his back....
lol!!
Our offensive line is well over 100% improved from that disaster called Spurrier. It's also much improved over last year.
Only 3 sacks given up in 3 games this preseason. Two games again very solid defenses in Carolina and Pitt. Our o line play has been by far the most impressive aspect of our team so far.
We see you all week 2 also. That's very early and players will still be adjusting.