Position of need, take BPA

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Grab the best OL on the board unless there is some insane run on OL, than by all means scoop up a sitting Jordan Davis, dont see it happening so why not draft 1 solid OL early, the right pick there at 24 could change this OL profile in a hurry.
Would rather grab one of the best in class early than throw multiple late round darts on developmental hopefuls.
Let the rest of the draft drop to you and go BPA/need in this draft.
This is not a top heavy draft and there are some solid mid round picks coming out of this draft class.

I have a feeling our pick will be OL in the 1st, however I would not pass on a player who grades out higher and yet still fills a need.

Carson

Reaction score
DE, DT, S, G, T, C

That’s my order. LB isn’t a huge hole for you and WR would be a luxury, you have 2 starting caliber players and some nice rotational guys.
I would eliminate S.

Kearse and Hooker have two years left on their deal. Izzy is on a rookie deal and Wilson has 1 year left. Unless a Hill, Brisker, Pitre fall into their lap, I don't see them addressing this this season.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I would eliminate S.

Kearse and Hooker have two years left on their deal. Izzy is on a rookie deal and Wilson has 1 year left. Unless a Hill, Brisker, Pitre fall into their lap, I don't see them addressing this this season.

I think there’s a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome there. How many teams covered Kearse and Hooker to outbid your 2.5m and 3.5m you’re paying them this season? How many teams would they start on outside of Dallas. Because you have guys there doesn’t necessarily mean your set at that position.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have a feeling our pick will be OL in the 1st, however I would not pass on a player who grades out higher and yet still fills a need.
Without question, and there will be some interesting choices around there that will be hard to look off if your drafting for need, we shall see.
Some top prospects hovering around 24..
Burks - could be within reach if Jerry blinks and starts twitching and sales some valuable draft stock to move up, but if Burks were to somehow be there would you pass on a Zion Johnson?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We might need to take the BPA at a position of need.

Carson

Reaction score
I think there’s a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome there. How many teams covered Kearse and Hooker to outbid your 2.5m and 3.5m you’re paying them this season? How many teams would they start on outside of Dallas. Because you have guys there doesn’t necessarily mean your set at that position.
I don't disagree.

But this team just doesn't seem to address safety like it does 1T. Would we love an elite safety? Absolutely. But this is the franchise who is gone through guys like Danny McCray, Alan Ball, Keith Davis, Pat Watkins, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Michael Hamlin. Some of their most productive guys we were lucky to find. Ken Hamlin? Free agent signing. Barry Church? Undrafted and played great for us.

Since 2000 they have drafted a safety TWICE in the first or second round. Tony Dixon in 2000 and Roy Williams in 2002.

This is the Jordan Davis conundrum. Would he make the defense better? Absolutely. But Dallas would rather have the Carlos Watkins and Trysten Hills over a guy like Davis

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In round one other than QB, RB, and TE just take the best player. If two grade out equally take the bigger need. That's how we got some of our best players including Zack, Martin and more recently Lamb and Parsons.
Did you mean to put the comma between "Zach" and "Martin"?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In round one other than QB, RB, and TE just take the best player. If two grade out equally take the bigger need. That's how we got some of our best players including Zack, Martin and more recently Lamb and Parsons.
This. And there's no chance at all that RB or TE will be BPA. So just take BPA unless it's a QB, in which case someone should be willing to trade up for him. It's not that complicated.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't disagree.

But this team just doesn't seem to address safety like it does 1T. Would we love an elite safety? Absolutely. But this is the franchise who is gone through guys like Danny McCray, Alan Ball, Keith Davis, Pat Watkins, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Michael Hamlin. Some of their most productive guys we were lucky to find. Ken Hamlin? Free agent signing. Barry Church? Undrafted and played great for us.

Since 2000 they have drafted a safety TWICE in the first or second round. Tony Dixon in 2000 and Roy Williams in 2002.

This is the Jordan Davis conundrum. Would he make the defense better? Absolutely. But Dallas would rather have the Carlos Watkins and Trysten Hills over a guy like Davis
Agree with everything but your last line.
If Quinn doesnt turn the table on that thought process than he was another mistake, but I just dont believe it, and lets see if it get addressed first.
I have enough respect for Quinn to build this defense, and with a couple contributors in this draft he has my patience at this point.

JBS

Reaction score
DE, DT, S, G, T, C

That’s my order. LB isn’t a huge hole for you and WR would be a luxury, you have 2 starting caliber players and some nice rotational guys.
Which nice rotational wrs do we have? You are here every single day. How do you get this wrong ?

JBS

Reaction score
DE, DT, S, G, T, C

If you compare Dallas WRs to Philly of course WR isn’t a need. But that’s not how it goes. WR is absolutely a need

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
our needs are many. the best offensive line, best defense line, WR's, tes, and coaches. they should be there in the draft.