Position TE

J-man

Reaction score
Good to above ave group, IMO.
Jarwin can play well as a receiving threat and gives us that other weapon when needed.
Shultz proved he can do the job when called on. Maybe the best "all around" TE we have.

The trio of Sprinkle, Eubanks and McKeon are all good blockers, one of which should emerge as the man. I think it'll be Sprinkle but we will see. Eubanks was someone I had my eye on, pre-draft, so he may surprise enough to save us some cap $ and take the job.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jarwin is my pet cat as of this moment. Still who do you propose we go and get to make the TE position pop?
dont need to , just statign how underwhelming this group is.. sorry if the truth bothers you this much..

Odd how this place was willing to trade all 3 and move up and mortgage our future for Pitts..why is that? lmao

not me that would have been ignorant and because we already have far too many weapons to feed at WR and RB..

so of course we have bunch of average players at TE..

although it must be nice to be KC and have WR that matches are plus Kelce oh one could dream :))

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
dont need to , just statign how underwhelming this group is.. sorry if the truth bothers you this much..

Odd how this place was willing to trade all 3 and move up and mortgage our future for Pitts..why is that? lmao

not me that would have been ignorant and because we already have far too many weapons to feed at WR and RB..

so of course we have bunch of average players at TE..

although it must be nice to be KC and have WR that matches are plus Kelce oh one could dream :))
Doesn't bother me that you and I have a different opinion, it's sports that we are taliking about.

I wanted Pitts too early on but I posted on here somewhere that I had cooled to that idea later on.

Would love to have a Kelce here.

We didn't get but like one catch out of Jarwin last year before injury befell him. So I am willing to wait on a verdict on him as we have no choice.

Looks like we have average TE's from last years group but I think this team will get by just fine. I think Jarwin can do the seam route better and more often than Shultz. Shultz is a a reliable but ordinary TE for sure.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What exactly has Jarwin done for some to automatically be the starter over Schultz?

The one game vs the putrid Giants a few years back?

I like Jarwin too and think the Cowboys were smart in his extension but I thought Schultz showed that he can be a starter in this league last year. I think Jarwin is a better down field threat, and faster, but Imo Schultz is the better blocker.

A putrid Giants team with golf reservations at the end of a lost season.

That really, really impressed people apparently.

I think the extension was our usual dumb and Schultz should be the starter. Where he'll always be just okay but that's the best we have right now.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Shultz is the starter until someone takes the job away from him. He has earned it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the combo of Darwin, Schultz and Sprinkle should combine to make a pretty solid TE corps.

I'm also wondering what Artayvious Lynn has to offer. He was a good blocker for TCU at 6'6", 260.

"pretty solid"

Gotta love these cautious, hesitant grades.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jarwin is like the LVE of the offense. Have seen impressive flashbacks followed by inconsistent performance and consistent unavailability.
How can you say that when he’s been 2nd string behind Witten his entire career? Consistent unavailability after just 1 injury? Please child.

Gaede

Reaction score
How can you say that when he’s been 2nd string behind Witten his entire career? Consistent unavailability after just 1 injury? Please child.

#1. Don't call me child.

#2. Looks like I was wrong about being consistently unavailable. In 4 years, he's played in 34 games, so he's only really missed out on 30, but I believe that first year he was on the PS. I will stand by that he's inconsistent though, and there have been plenty of games where he's been nonexistent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
#1. Don't call me child.

#2. Looks like I was wrong about being consistently unavailable. In 4 years, he's played in 34 games, so he's only really missed out on 30, but I believe that first year he was on the PS. I will stand by that he's inconsistent though, and there have been plenty of games where he's been nonexistent.
Inconsistent how? Playing 2nd string? Come on child, wake up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me that you and I have a different opinion, it's sports that we are taliking about.

I wanted Pitts too early on but I posted on here somewhere that I had cooled to that idea later on.

Would love to have a Kelce here.

We didn't get but like one catch out of Jarwin last year before injury befell him. So I am willing to wait on a verdict on him as we have no choice.

Looks like we have average TE's from last years group but I think this team will get by just fine. I think Jarwin can do the seam route better and more often than Shultz. Shultz is a a reliable but ordinary TE for sure.
The seam route is just one route a TE runs, and I don't think it's used more than a few times a game. Shultz does every other route better.

kskboys

Reaction score
When they drafted Shultz I did not think he would be an instant starter But I did think he could become one. And he is our best all round TE
Agree. I actually don't think it's all that close. Jarwin is better at the deeper stuff, but Schultz is better at pretty much everything else. W/ the extreme talent we have at WR, a deep threat TE just isn't that important.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Agree. I actually don't think it's all that close. Jarwin is better at the deeper stuff, but Schultz is better at pretty much everything else. W/ the extreme talent we have at WR, a deep threat TE just isn't that important.
I'd keep both if I were in charge