Position Unit of Most Concern

Jarntt

Reaction score
Another hopeful rosey assumption.

And let me guess……hes also going to be 100% back to his pre injury form right?
Don’t change the topic at hand to be dramatic. Did you see him moving around in April? That’s 5 months before the season. He will be starting week 1 unless he has a set back. That’s my comment and what I think will happen

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don’t change the topic at hand to be dramatic. Did you see him moving around in April? That’s 5 months before the season. He will be starting week 1 unless he has a set back. That’s my comment and what I think will happen
Says who? Who says he will be starting week 1? Just like Gallup was starting week 1 last year?

What subject am I changing? Were talking about the health of the oline. How was Gallup last year when he returned from that injury? He was a shell of himself.

Your being naive at best.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have him blocked but he'll probably see this and what he doesn't understand is for one Michael Gallup came back in nine months but his nine months ended a month into the season whereas Terence Steele we'll already be at nine months before game one and the second debate is you have one who's a skill player at a position where they're running full speed on almost every down cutting at full speed making sudden movements sudden explosion compared to a lineman that's plays inside a box so their recovery time as far as being back to their old selves is gonna be a lot different so yes I believe that Terrence steel without a setback will be 100% game one he may not be in game shape but most of them aren't anyway because they don't play much in the offseason or the preseason

it's odd that we saw a guy like Adrian Peterson do it and even though Chris Godwin didn't look like his old self he sure put up starting numbers and the fact that Gallup finished the season also shows that Terence Steele is probably not gonna have a big problem being back in the starting lineup

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
OL and RB. We have just about enough bodies on the OL, but who’s gonna play where, and will they be able to perform at whatever slot they are put in. With RB we have Pollard who proved he can be at least a part time back….can he carry the load, and do we have decent depth behind him? WR4 is ? LB depth is ? (especially if Micah is mostly rush end)
All depends on how the line gets pieced together, I think the D and most of the O will be ok otherwise

Jarntt

Reaction score
Says who? Who says he will be starting week 1? Just like Gallup was starting week 1 last year?

What subject am I changing? Were talking about the health of the oline. How was Gallup last year when he returned from that injury? He was a shell of himself.

Your being naive at best.
I didn't say Gallup would start week 1 and I don't think many did. Perhaps a couple, but not many. Odd flex.

No, we are talking about the starting 5. Not the OL in general. That is the comment I made that you keep quoting.

Verdict

Reaction score
Excluding QB and Kicker, what position unit concerns you the most?

I gotta go RB.

Huge Tony Pollard fan, but I think he will need to be limited throughout the season in order to stay healthy and fresh come playoff time. He shouldn't receive more than 20 touches a game imo.

Ronald Jones hasn't had a good season since 2020 when he was on the Bucs Super Bowl Roster. Last year, in Kansas City he was barely used, carrying the ball only 17 times for 70 yards. In 2021, he averaged an unimpressive 4.2 yards per carry on 101 attempts. If he's our RB2, then we'll have serious issues running the ball.

Deuce Vaughn is a wildcard. Chances are he'll most likely be a gadget player on offense, but I think we'll have a good idea on what type of production we'll get from Deuce during preseason.

Then there's Malik Davis who didn't show anything special last year. Doubt he'll make a positive impact if given a larger role this year.
RB ranks “up there”. Ronald Jones is a big fat zero in terms of bringing anything to the table. So I don’t even consider him.

Pollard is an unknown after the injury. I’m higher on Deuce than most, and I think he can carry a full load. But that’s obviously a projection. We had better hope that Deuce is “the man” or this could get choppy in a hurry.

Verdict

Reaction score
LB may be end up being the largest question mark on this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't say Gallup would start week 1 and I don't think many did. Perhaps a couple, but not many. Odd flex.

No, we are talking about the starting 5. Not the OL in general. That is the comment I made that you keep quoting.
I have no idea what your talking about. Im talking about the state of our Oline for this year and its injury problems.

The line is WORSE than it was last year with no credible additions with one of its main 5 coming off major knee surgery. We are again relying on Tyron Smith that has proven he cant stay healthy for an entire season. The Oline as it was last year was not close to good enough to beat the best defenses in the NFL over a 3 or 4 game playoff.

The chances of our best 5 lineman actually playing together for more than a few games completely healthy seems slim. The chance of them being healthy together all year is almost laughable.

I know some of you like to gloss over the glaring issues with our Oline and say "they will be fine".

However its the #1 issue facing our chancing of doing something special into the playoffs.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I have no idea what your talking about. Im talking about the state of our Oline for this year and its injury problems.

The line is WORSE than it was last year with no credible additions with one of its main 5 coming off major knee surgery. We are again relying on Tyron Smith that has proven he cant stay healthy for an entire season. The Oline as it was last year was not close to good enough to beat the best defenses in the NFL over a 3 or 4 game playoff.

The chances of our best 5 lineman actually playing together for more than a few games completely healthy seems slim. The chance of them being healthy together all year is almost laughable.

I know some of you like to gloss over the glaring issues with our Oline and say "they will be fine".

However its the #1 issue facing our chancing of doing something special into the playoffs.
Again. The comment was about the starting 5. I have no idea why you are going off on a tangent to something we weren’t discussing. I’m not disagreeing about the backups and I’m not disagreeing about potential injuries and Tyron in particular. That’s just not what we were discussing. If you want to talk about the OL internal, go ahead, just stop quoting me to do it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again. The comment was about the starting 5. I have no idea why you are going off on a tangent to something we weren’t discussing. I’m not disagreeing about the backups and I’m not disagreeing about potential injuries and Tyron in particular. That’s just not what we were discussing. If you want to talk about the OL internal, go ahead, just stop quoting me to do it.
What comment? were having a conversation?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You quoted me like 10 times on the topic. Call it what you will
Lets just move on buddy.

Our Oline is in great shape and were all set. Nothing to worry about. They were great last year and were even better this year.

Everyone is 100% going to be healthy from day 1 and they will all be 100% healthy all year long. History has proven that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ronald Jones hasn't had a good season since 2020 when he was on the Bucs Super Bowl Roster. Last year, in Kansas City he was barely used, carrying the ball only 17 times for 70 yards. In 2021, he averaged an unimpressive 4.2 yards per carry on 101 attempts. If he's our RB2, then we'll have serious issues running the ball.
When did 4.2 YPC become unimpressive? It's not astounding, but anything above 4.0 is NFL caliber. Emmitt Smith averaged 4.2 or fewer in 11 of his 15 years and 4.2 for his career. (Granted, the last four years, all under YPC, he was going downhill, but even without those, it's 7 of 11.)

I mean, I have questions about Ronald Jones as the No. 2 back, but not because of his YPC.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't know.

I have to see what we have, first.

Really, I'm going to be concerned about the one unit that gets hit the hardest with injuries prior to the start of the season.

To me, behind the QB, the second most important player come game time is the kicker.

Vizcaino, better not be the kicker by a last survivor route.