News: Positive MRI report keeps Tony Romo on track for possible Week 8 return

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fc8a984dc06f74db382c647d6c6a7e38.jpg

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Seems stupid to bring him back considering how crippled he's looked. He can't move anymore. He can't take a hit. Let it go. It's been fun. Go pretend you're a golfer.
When Romo homers start saying stuff like this.. you KNOW it is over for Romo.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Seems stupid to bring him back considering how crippled he's looked. He can't move anymore. He can't take a hit. Let it go. It's been fun. Go pretend you're a golfer.
He should have retired after 2014.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
He can be the backup.

Wouldn't bother me any. Won't happen..but it wouldn't bother me and about 70% of our fans. What throws can Tony make right now that Dak can't? He's never been a good deep throw QB, and Dak isn't yet but could be someday. It's all about the money JJ is paying Tony. Too bad, because this will stunt DP's development.

btcutter

Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me any. Won't happen..but it wouldn't bother me and about 70% of our fans. What throws can Tony make right now that Dak can't? He's never been a good deep throw QB, and Dak isn't yet but could be someday. It's all about the money JJ is paying Tony. Too bad, because this will stunt DP's development.

Down the seams ball is something Dak hasn't demonstrated. But it will come later. Dak is young so not seeing the field as well as Romo. This offense can be very explosive with Romo IF he is not limited by his back. At the same time I am certain Romo would have throw 1-2 picks already based on history.

Good problem to have with two QBs right now especially one is a frequently injured vet and other is a rookie with many things to learn.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Is this a serious question?

How about:

-Those sideline throws Dak kept missing on Sunday
-The Back Shoulder fade that him (Romo) and dez mastered
-Deep throws down the field

DFWJC

Reaction score
Down the seams ball is something Dak hasn't demonstrated. But it will come later. Dak is young so not seeing the field as well as Romo. This offense can be very explosive with Romo IF he is not limited by his back. At the same time I am certain Romo would have throw 1-2 picks already based on history.

Good problem to have with two QBs right now especially one is a frequently injured vet and other is a rookie with many things to learn.
Yes, 1-2 picks, 9-10 TDs.

Team = 4-0 record

Coy

Reaction score
People seem to forget Tony is 15-4 in his last 19 games, and now he would have a much better offense than in those 19 games.
What am I missing?

Radiashun

Reaction score

Physically, I'm sure Dak can make any throw Tony can. But it's going to be awhile before Dak can see half the opportunities Romo can. He has always been good at pulling a big play out of a broken play, and he's dramatically cut down on mistakes over the years. Romo is going to play because he's the better quarterback when healthy, and Dak's development will still progress at a pace that most of us wouldn't have thought possible a few months ago.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
People seem to forget Tony is 15-4 in his last 19 games, and now he would have a much better offense than in those 19 games.
What am I missing?
Exactly.

I love Dak. I think he's the future and I think we can win with him now. Super excited about it.

That said, people act like this whole winning thing isn't something that Tony would be doing. He's been elite/dominant the last couple years when he's played. Against the competition we've played and with having an elite RB like Elliott, I am pretty certain Romo would have the Cowboys 4-0 right now.

Love Dak, but Tony is getting so little respect. It should still be his team if he's healthy. If he comes back and struggles because the back/clavicle are nagging, okay, then pull the plug.