News: Positive MRI report keeps Tony Romo on track for possible Week 8 return

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
I don't think romo comes back against the eagles. A Dak vs Wentz match up would be big. NFL will be licking its chops for that matchup.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something like: "Romo hasn't been cleared by the doctors so he will sit for another week for precautionary purposes."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think romo comes back against the eagles. A Dak vs Wentz match up would be big. NFL will be licking its chops for that matchup.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something like: "Romo hasn't been cleared by the doctors so he will sit for another week for precautionary purposes."

No one has a say in that other than this coaching staff. Romo returning would be a huge draw, he's one of the bigger names in the NFL. It's win-win for them.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We have two capable options as QBs at this time. This controversy will resolve itself in the weeks that lie ahead, contingent upon the results of games that are likely to be played by both of our present QBs.

I respect both of them greatly and am resigned to being patient about letting their play resolve things of their own accord. Come what may, this team and its fans are fortunate to have the options that we do. We've been blessed with good fortune in that respect.

Let's face it, folks, the FO and staff will make the decisions that are impending here. It's their responsibility after all, not ours. We could wisely save ourselves some unnecessary angst in the meantime if we simply hold our water and allow the upcoming games reveal whatever they will. The truth will be revealed of its own accord without any unnecessary pressure being created from an overanxious fan base. A little patience might help.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have two capable options as QBs at this time. This controversy will resolve itself in the weeks that lie ahead, contingent upon the results of games that are likely to be played by both of our present QBs.

I respect both of them greatly and am resigned to being patient about letting their play resolve things of their own accord. Come what may, this team and its fans are fortunate to have the options that we do. We've been blessed with good fortune in that respect.

Let's face it, folks, the FO and staff will make the decisions that are impending here. It's their responsibility after all, not ours. We could wisely save ourselves some unnecessary angst in the meantime if we simply hold our water and allow the upcoming games reveal whatever they will. The truth will be revealed of its own accord without any unnecessary pressure being created from an overanxious fan base. A little patience might help.
Excellent post, every word in logical context.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
All for Romo coming back but it will be much harder with the Cowboys being 5-1 and the matchup between Wentz and Dak.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Exactly.

I love Dak. I think he's the future and I think we can win with him now. Super excited about it.

That said, people act like this whole winning thing isn't something that Tony would be doing. He's been elite/dominant the last couple years when he's played. Against the competition we've played and with having an elite RB like Elliott, I am pretty certain Romo would have the Cowboys 4-0 right now.

Love Dak, but Tony is getting so little respect. It should still be his team if he's healthy. If he comes back and struggles because the back/clavicle are nagging, okay, then pull the plug.
Is it respect or is it people dont like getting moved around in their comfort zones.Their witnessing Dak winning and he is now.
All of a sudden Romo is so yesterday.