Possible 1st Round Opponents

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Obviously, if we beat the Eagles, we're guaranteed a playoff spot. So who would we play?

1. The most likely opponent is Minnesota.

2. However, if Chicago wins tonight and next week and Minnesota loses next week, we're heading to Chicago.

3. The last possibility is if Atlanta loses to St. Louis, regardless of the Minn/Chi situation, we're heading to Arizona.

Personally, I'd prefer playing in the dome against Minnesota, as it will help our passing game, which Minnesota doesn't have much of. In addition, we play the run extremely well.

And, please, no "zOMG we st1ll hav3 to beat da Eagilz FiRst!!!!!1111" responses.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ummm...how would Chicago be a possibility if Minny wins? They said yesterday all the Vikes had to do was win 1 of their final 2 games and they win the division and Chicago is out of the playoffs.

Daudr

Reaction score
With the way this team is so up and down I don't understand why anyone bothers to start these kinds of threads.

How about we actually beat Philly first and then start looking ahead?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2517618 said:
Ummm...how would Chicago be a possibility if Minny wins? They said yesterday all the Vikes had to do was win 1 of their final 2 games and they win the division and Chicago is out of the playoffs.
Corrected. It was a typo.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theogt;2517610 said:
And, please, no "zOMG we st1ll hav3 to beat da Eagilz FiRst!!!!!1111" responses.

Daudr;2517619 said:
With the way this team is so up and down I don't understand why anyone bothers to start these kinds of threads.

lolz-you-fail.jpg

Daudr

Reaction score
theogt;2517625 said:

I'm quite aware of what you posted - I just chose to ignore it. It's ludicrous to begin thinking about our "opponent" at this point because the ONLY one that matters is Philly.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2517620 said:
Corrected. It was a typo.

*nods* I'm with you on this Theo I'd much rather go to Minny than Chicago. Though I've got to admit I'd really like to go to Arizona for the first round and get that game back. That's just me though.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Daudr;2517629 said:
I'm quite aware of what you posted - I just chose to ignore it. It's ludicrous to begin thinking about our "opponent" at this point because the ONLY one that matters is Philly.
Then just shut up and go away.

grp05

Reaction score
I'd rather play Minnesota because of the dome. If we're just looking at talent, definitely Chicago. They don't have anyone that can kill you on offense. Minnesota has Peterson, and Warner can be very dangerous in a warm climate. However, I'd rather not risk playing Chicago in the snow.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Daudr;2517619 said:

THis is a good thread. Informative.

How someone could have a problem with it is beyond me.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I will be rooting hard for Chicago to win the North. Then Minnesota and then Arizona.

Even though the Cardinals look awful lately, they do have the best matchup with us and I would rather not deal with playing a team for the second time in the playoffs.

And I would prefer the fifth seed and going to Carolina versus dealing with the Giants for a third time. We got fortunate they did not play Jacobs last week.

1fisher

Reaction score
Daudr;2517629 said:

Sounds like someone wants to fight.... :fight:

psst... to ignore means to NOT respond! :D

Daudr

Reaction score
1fisher;2517655 said:
Sounds like someone wants to fight.... :fight:

psst... to ignore means to NOT respond! :D

Sorry, still pissed about Saturday. I'll just shut up and leave you guys to your thread.

goshan

Reaction score
If we do advance and beat Minn, then the Giants are up.
I wish Carolina would have won last night.

JPM

Reaction score
zOMG we st1ll hav3 to beat da Eagilz FiRst!!!!!1111"

:p:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm glad the Giants won last night. I want Dallas to go to NY in the divisional round and beat them. I don't know why so many are afraid to do that.

It's the playoffs. You should want to beat the best teams, in the toughest situations, cause that prepares you for the next one.

That would thrill me to go to NY and knock them out.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If you want a win, then AZ is your team. They've been awful the last month.

And the weather would be great.

A worst-case scenario would be Chicago with the potential for miserable weather.

Daudr

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2517688 said:
If you want a win, then AZ is your team. They've been awful the last month.

And the weather would be great.

A worst-case scenario would be Chicago with the potential for miserable weather.

My concern is that we do not play well in Arizona.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2517653 said:
I will be rooting hard for Chicago to win the North. Then Minnesota and then Arizona.

Even though the Cardinals look awful lately, they do have the best matchup with us and I would rather not deal with playing a team for the second time in the playoffs.
I'm with you on Arizona. Regardless of how any team plays there are certain teams that have the passing firepower that I'd rather never play because when a high-powered passing team is clicking they're nearly impossible to beat.

And I would prefer the fifth seed and going to Carolina versus dealing with the Giants for a third time. We got fortunate they did not play Jacobs last week.
Jacobs had under 4 yards a carry last night. It was Ward that was the star of the show last night and we shut him down.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Daudr;2517619 said:

*star trek face palm*