Possible 1st Round Opponents

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2518565 said:
I think Romo is really struggling with the pinkie in the cold. He's been accurate in the warmer games since his return and struggled when it was frigid in Pittsburgh and chilly against Baltimore. I'm not real confident for the game in Philly, especially with the game moving to the later start and colder weather but if Dallas does advance, I'd like to see Atlanta lose in week 17 so it sets up:

At Arizona

Then
At Carolina

Then hopefully someone knocks off the NYFG so it's the NFCC game in a dome in either Atlanta or Minnesota.

If we get in, it is destiny that we will have make our bones against the giants. IF we cant, then we cant and we all will have to tip our hats to the giants.

I think atlanta is going to blow the rams out and we are going to win and go to minnesota. The last team we beat in the postseason 12 years ago.

Givincer

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2518565 said:
I think Romo is really struggling with the pinkie in the cold. He's been accurate in the warmer games since his return and struggled when it was frigid in Pittsburgh and chilly against Baltimore. I'm not real confident for the game in Philly, especially with the game moving to the later start and colder weather but if Dallas does advance, I'd like to see Atlanta lose in week 17 so it sets up:

At Arizona

Then
At Carolina

Then hopefully someone knocks off the NYFG so it's the NFCC game in a dome in either Atlanta or Minnesota.

Yeah, Atlanta would have to win against the three seed for us to play the Panthers (if we were the fifth seed). Then, if Atlanta beat the Giants, we'd be at home vs. the Falcons!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'll rather play the Vikings. Their QB is a Joke and if the defense can even play average we will win this game. Granted, that is if Romo doesnt play like Crap and the Oline doesnt make Stupid Mental mistakes. Easier said than done...But if the Cowboys can't take care of the eagles all this talk is useless.

slotshot

Reaction score
I say we whip the stuffing out of the team we play in the first round. I am WAY more worried about GETTING there. Additionally, I think we would be at a severe disadvantage in the meadowlands vs. the Giants.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Here's the problem with playing Minnesota:

This team needs to understand that you win games on the ground in the playoffs, not in the air.

Playing Minnesota practically invites us to pass to get up on them so we can take them out early. But there's a drawback to that strategy, as we've seen too often. Romo forces plays, Romo throws bad interceptions, Romo has to press to get us back into the game.

I'd prefer we work Marion Barber and Tashard Choice and sprinkle a few Romo passes. Keep in throwing the ball about 20 to 25 times.

So I would rather play Chicago. Weather conditions in Chicago will force us to play run first and, if we should win, toughen us up to face Carolina (which will be cold) or NY (which will be very cold with swirling wins circling inside Giants Stadium).

willia451

Reaction score
theogt;2517610 said:
Obviously, if we beat the Eagles, we're guaranteed a playoff spot. So who would we play?

1. The most likely opponent is Minnesota.

2. However, if Chicago wins tonight and next week and Minnesota loses next week, we're heading to Chicago.

3. The last possibility is if Atlanta loses to St. Louis, regardless of the Minn/Chi situation, we're heading to Arizona.

Personally, I'd prefer playing in the dome against Minnesota, as it will help our passing game, which Minnesota doesn't have much of. In addition, we play the run extremely well.

And, please, no "zOMG we st1ll hav3 to beat da Eagilz FiRst!!!!!1111" responses.
Agree. Let's hope for a GB victory tonight.

Go Cowboys!!!

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'd rather the Boys go to Chicago or Arizona. Something about Peterson running the Boys ragged in a previous meeting, just doesn't sit right w/ me.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Arizona's our best match-up possibility for these reasons:

1) 20,000 Cowboy fans could be there.
2) In addition to the freindly crowd, it's a short trip.
3) Great weather.
4) Playing Arizona means we would be the #5 seed.
5) Since I'm fairly confident Atlanta could pull off a repeat performance in Min, we could end up in Carolina for round 2. I like that matchup for us. Could be decent weather in Carolina in Jan.
6) Arizona sucks. I mean that, they really suck. This game would in no way resemble our week 6 game.
7) Atlanta's a darn good football team. They'd give NYG all they can handle in rd 2. If they pulled it out, we could get an unlikely home game for CC. At the very least they would beat up NYG as much as Carolina will beat us up.

We would need Atlanta to lose for us to get the #5 seed.

This is not that unlikely given the fact that they have a spot locked up with little to play for.
They may choose to rest players.
Since they are such a young team, the playoff clinching party may carry over to this week's game. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen.

kmd24

Reaction score
Arizona.

I think Minnesota would give us more problems, and Chicago as well, particularly on special teams.

Givincer

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2518867 said:
Arizona's our best match-up possibility for these reasons:

1) 20,000 Cowboy fans could be there.
2) In addition to the freindly crowd, it's a short trip.
3) Great weather.
4) Playing Arizona means we would be the #5 seed.
5) Since I'm fairly confident Atlanta could pull off a repeat performance in Min, we could end up in Carolina for round 2. I like that matchup for us. Could be decent weather in Carolina in Jan.
6) Arizona sucks. I mean that, they really suck. This game would in no way resemble our week 6 game.
7) Atlanta's a darn good football team. They'd give NYG all they can handle in rd 2. If they pulled it out, we could get an unlikely home game for CC. At the very least they would beat up NYG as much as Carolina will beat us up.

We would need Atlanta to lose for us to get the #5 seed.

This is not that unlikely given the fact that they have a spot locked up with little to play for.
They may choose to rest players.
Since they are such a young team, the playoff clinching party may carry over to this week's game. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen.

Definite best case scenario.

The most unlikely thing that needs to happen is Atlanta needs to lose to St. Louis.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
kmd24;2519019 said:
Arizona.

I think Minnesota would give us more problems, and Chicago as well, particularly on special teams.

For us to play Arizona, the Rams would have to beat Atlanta this weekend, and the Carolina would need to beat the Saints...and of course, we have to win.

The Vikings do not scare me at all. In fact, I think they are the easiest of all playoff teams to beat.