Possible Coaching Changes

garyv

Reaction score
I think if the Boyz dip below .500 than Coaching changes need to take place immediately. I know there will be plenty to bash me for saying this, but we all know Coaching changes are coming and why wait until the Offseason unless their eyeing a Head Coach from another team such as the Giants DC. If they are going to move Garrett up than why not do this at some point this season just to see if he can remotely handle the HC position as an Interim HC, than if they don't have a good feeling about it after the season than they can make their hire and put Jason Garrett back as OC. I'm pretty darn sure there is no team coming after Garrett this Offseason due to the regression of the Offense.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If we lost to Washington, I would fire Wade and insert Garrett. See if he can get the team to play the way it is supposed to - at least with the intensity it should, eliminate penalties and tackle. If he can't get them to do that , that is the only chance I would give him and I like Garrett.

I mean, lets face it, this is a playoff game if you ask me - 1 and done for a chance at the playoffs. I know it is possible otherwise but the odds are going to be very slim. If he can't get them prepared for this game, he is not winng anything in the playoffs anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No reason to take next year to see if he can do it!

If he can't I would go after Cowher, but thas just MHO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My we do like the cart in front of the horse. In order to dip below .500 we have to be .500 first. If we win this week I doubt very seriously we dip below that mark.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i agree with you about possible need for replacing coaches if the cowboys lose to Commanders,

problem being, whom would run your defense, i sure dont want stewart running the defense, if wade is let go

and if you could let garrett run things if wade is let go, i used to be for garrett, but he has done noda, zip, this year;

so im not so sure i want garrett running things now

got to remember, whom oked brad johnson for being able to run this offense

who said we dont need bartel

whom didnt go out and get chris simms

until those things are revealed, im not so sure about garrett now

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2411200 said:
i agree with you about possible need for replacing coaches if the cowboys lose to Commanders,

problem being, whom would run your defense, i sure dont want stewart running the defense, if wade is let go

and if you could let garrett run things if wade is let go, i used to be for garrett, but he has done noda, zip, this year;

so im not so sure i want garrett running things now

got to remember, whom oked brad johnson for being able to run this offense

who said we dont need bartel

whom didnt go out and get chris simms

until those things are revealed, im not so sure about garrett now

You have nothing to lose at that point giving it to Garrett IMO. he could be a better Head Coach than gameplanner.

I really am not worried about giving Stewart the Defense if we lose to Washington. I want the players to start performing and have a coach who can get them to do that. Most of this is on the players IMO but there is a salary cap in place and bonuses and so forth so you can't just revamp the players - you have to try to find a coach who can get them to play!

Wade IS soft and he likes to make excuses. I want the GArrett of preseason who said "no excuses" leading this team and see if that will make the players be accountable.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Instead of changing coaches, change how they work the games. Move Garrett up into the coaches booth to call the games. It will give him a different view of what is happening on the field. I always prefer the OC and the DC call games from the booth. It may not seem like a big thing, but it does provide a different perspective. Plus big changes aren't always needed. Small tweaking can sometimes be very beneficial.

garyv

Reaction score
Does everyone agree that Wade's days here are numbered or am I over reacting again. I just can't see Jerry going into the 2009 season with Wade Phillips, Brian Stewart, Bruce Read and Hudson Houck again !!!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2411192 said:
My we do like the cart in front of the horse. In order to dip below .500 we have to be .500 first. If we win this week I doubt very seriously we dip below that mark.

I know thats the way I like it.

cart%20in%20front%20of%20the%20horse.png

malone1970

Reaction score
garyv;2412679 said:
Does everyone agree that Wade's days here are numbered or am I over reacting again. I just can't see Jerry going into the 2009 season with Wade Phillips, Brian Stewart, Bruce Read and Hudson Houck again !!!

Now seriously we cannot place all the blame on the coaches!! Some of the blame has to go with the players also. The coaches do not make the team get all the penalties that we seem to get from game to game. They also don't have anything to do with the team sometimes can tackle worth nothing, or how our pass rush seems almost non existent. That is the players. I think that the coaching staff will be fine, just the players need to play with a little more enthusiasm and heart.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm just curious, and I'm not predicting or saying this is going to happen or anything like this, but with all the hatred of Wade here I'm wondering what it would take to keep his job and turn the fans in his favor.

If Dallas goes 6-1 down the stretch, getting to 11-5, and beats the Skins, Giants, and Eagles and then goes into the playoffs hot and wins at least makes the NFC Championship, or possibly wins the Superbowl, does everyone still want Wade fired?

Does anyone beleive that an NFC Championship appearance, or a Superbowl victory, will save Wades job?

Cause I'm almost at the point to where I wonder if Wade would even still be the coach after the season even if they did win the Superbowl.

aikemirv

Reaction score
malone1970;2412697 said:
Now seriously we cannot place all the blame on the coaches!! Some of the blame has to go with the players also. The coaches do not make the team get all the penalties that we seem to get from game to game. They also don't have anything to do with the team sometimes can tackle worth nothing, or how our pass rush seems almost non existent. That is the players. I think that the coaching staff will be fine, just the players need to play with a little more enthusiasm and heart.
"Mistakes are mine" - that means penalties to me - that means missed tackles to me.

The missed tackles, the lack of turnovers - I am just getting the feeling that it is because we are not used to contact in practice.

Example #1 is going into Denver and being out-muscled in combined practice. It took us a whole day of 2 a days to get up to speed with their level. We were dominated on the line of scrimmage in the first Skins game period. That just seems like bad practice habits to me.

Example #2 is just the excuses by the coaches and players - we have a coach who likes to make excuses heading a team who likes to point fingers - it is just not a good mix - these players need a good dose of Mike Singletary - I am not saying he is the answer but that is the kind of mentality they need to get - Wade won't bring it!

BraveHeartFan;2412917 said:
I'm just curious, and I'm not predicting or saying this is going to happen or anything like this, but with all the hatred of Wade here I'm wondering what it would take to keep his job and turn the fans in his favor.

If Dallas goes 6-1 down the stretch, getting to 11-5, and beats the Skins, Giants, and Eagles and then goes into the playoffs hot and wins at least makes the NFC Championship, or possibly wins the Superbowl, does everyone still want Wade fired?

Does anyone beleive that an NFC Championship appearance, or a Superbowl victory, will save Wades job?

Cause I'm almost at the point to where I wonder if Wade would even still be the coach after the season even if they did win the Superbowl.

You know, we don't get to see what Wade does behind the scenes but I just don't think he brings anything of value to this team. His style was nice last year because the players needed a break from the constant birage of BP but they did not come into this year up for the challenge. I don't believe we have the market on dumb players - I just think we are out coached many times.

I guess a Superbowl would have to save Wade's job because Jerry would look like a fool firing a Super Bowl winning coach, but I don't see anything less than that, barring injury to a player like Romo in the playoffs saving his job!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2412917 said:

Wade might not win a popular vote to keep his job even with an NFCCG appearance, but it'd be nuts to let him go if we get there. Unless of course there's a clearly better experienced option on the market (possibly Cowher, maybe Holmgren, but I don't think either of those guys are clearly that much better at this point). In retrospect, if we are healthy and do win, it'll be hard not to chalk up the two unexpected losses we have so far to injuries.

There will be fans starting posts about letting him go, even if we win it all. And imagine they'd be a decent-sized contingent.