FEATURED >>>>>>> Possible name change for Washington Redkin s<<<<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Washington Renegades has a nice ring to it. They could go back to the old helmet with the R logo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only problem with Renegades is the definition isn’t flattering.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whatever name they pick they better make sure they did a lot of research on it so that name doesn’t become an issue decades from now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You would think they would like to stick with the same theme which is why Warriors would be a logical choice.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These days about the only safe choice is to have all teams just go by the city they are in and what sport it is. Appears the mob is also going after:

Cleveland Indians
Atlanta Braves
Texas Rangers
Chicago Blackhawks
San Francisco 49ers
KC Chiefs

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Washington Monuments. Totally fitting in this day and age!

Mannix

Reaction score
Wondering aloud,,,if this were an Eagles site, everyone would be banned within the first 5 minutes. What can we discuss about this topic, without breaking a rule? Nothing, I guess.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Wondering aloud,,,if this were an Eagles site, everyone would be banned within the first 5 minutes. What can we discuss about this topic, without breaking a rule? Nothing, I guess.

I once ventured onto an Eagles message board for the first time in 2008. I was shocked. I knew they were bad, but the stuff they were spewing out was a sight to behold. They were discussing their wishes for rival players to be wading in sewage, things like that. It was amazing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know its a little off topic, but I had been reading a few articles. The one that stood out to me was

"Warriors"

Although I can tell you personally that if it was me I would change to something that had nothing to do with Indians. If they want the name changed then I wouldn't give them the benefit of having the team represent them in any respect.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I know we aren't allowed to discuss politics here, so I want to be extremely careful here with how I phrase this, lest I tread over the line:

While we talk about our rivals undergoing their Washington name change..........is our own Cowboys' team name itself safe?

For instance, there is already a movement afoot to get the Texas Rangers baseball team renamed. It's not hard to envision that same logic being used by some people a decade or so down the road against the Cowboys.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I think Washington should just drop the name and simply be called Washington. Keep the colors, go with just a plain helmet, and be known as Washington.

JayFord

Reaction score
Partner with Ted Leonsis and call them the Washington Wizards have the name in both sports

but i think it’ll be the Washington Redwolves

they’ll be looking to keep the HTTR thing going

Status
Not open for further replies.