Featured >>>>>>> Possible name change for Washington Redkin s<<<<<<<

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt BP is not impressed with your post Admin

73,996 Messages
    29,890 Likes Received
    Please do not start new threads on this topic.

This is and the thread in the NFL Zone will be the only threads about this topic. And although this one is being posted in the fan Zone it will probably be moved to the NFL zone before too long.

We have removed many threads on this topic due to people injecting race in the topic, turning it into a political rant for one side or the other, complaining about the Social Justice Warriors or the PC crowd.
    About how you no longer will watch the NFL because of the PC situation.

If you post about race issues, post about politics, complain about the PC crowd, the Social Justice Warriors how you cannot stand watching the NFL anymore because of PC and the changes going on right now...

YOU WILL BE BENCHED A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS or you may be permabenched.

This thread will NOT turn into a race, political or pc issue.

If you want to talk about what names the team should be changed to, that is ok as long as it does not go into the topics above. Also remember this is a family friendly site so do not suggest a portion of some males anatomy as a possible name changes.

Once again to be clear on this issue so there is no confusion and no complaining if you get benched.

There will be no racial talk, political talk, complaining about pc or social justice warriors or anything along those lines. if you do...

YOU WILL BE BENCHED A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS or you may be permabenced.

This site has given warning after warning in multiple threads and announcement threads over posting racial issues and politics.

2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,647 Messages
    20,170 Likes Received
    Understood, BP.

QUESTION: Can some of us voice our opinion if we feel it should stay the same name or is this open only for any name changes?

dogberry, timb2, Doomsday and 2 others like this.
  3. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades sunbum

2,828 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    with that, i cannot imagine really anything to talk about on what is a discussion forum - pointless. anyways......see you guys in a month or so........ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aviano90, Vandyr, catiii and 15 others like this.
  4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

10,886 Messages
    14,271 Likes Received
    I always like the idea of them keeping the name & just changing the logo to a potato.

5. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

6,348 Messages
    2,938 Likes Received
    Washington Warriors seems to be the favorite but then I think of the basketball team.

Reverend Conehead, Brax and John813 like this.
  6. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,902 Messages
    6,394 Likes Received
    Yeah, even suggesting names is fraught. Let's see if I get benched. :)

Two I like:
    Washington Redtails (Tuskegee Airmen). Keeps the colors.
    Washington Americans, and keep the logo. :) Watch heads explode.

I hate Warriors: so generic and boring.

catiii, Mr_437, JBell and 7 others like this.
  7. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,861 Messages
    5,269 Likes Received
    I think they will move away from any type of mascot that references Native Americans.

8. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

2,026 Messages
    3,104 Likes Received
    Does all of this also mean a logo change is coming or possible? Actually curious.

9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

10,886 Messages
    14,271 Likes Received
    Of course.

10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

6,348 Messages
    2,938 Likes Received
    If they change the uniforms they better do it fast, the "2020" season is in two months.

DuncanIso likes this.
  11. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,902 Messages
    6,394 Likes Received
    Nearly impossible to imagine otherwise.

12. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

2,026 Messages
    3,104 Likes Received
    This is exactly what has me wondering. And then thinking of the people on TV calling them the Redskins out of habit. I still hear them slip up with the LA Chargers.

Cowfan75, DandyDon52 and MonsterD like this.
  13. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

15,698 Messages
    21,601 Likes Received
    It's the best one I can think of too, but then again I'm a tad slow up there. Guess it depends on how far Snyder wants to depart from the Native american theme of the team.

For sure. IIRC some MLB teams were getting flack for their logo. I can't see a way they can only change one. But if I had to guess the name is more offensive.

14. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,647 Messages
    20,170 Likes Received
    Why the Washington Redtails (Tuskegee Airmen)? You would be taking away recognition from one group of Americans (original Native Americans) and giving recognition to another group. I thought this was about "discrimination" to the original group recognition?

15. CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew Well-Known Member

1,385 Messages
    2,439 Likes Received
    Switching back to their Arrowhead logo might be an acceptable compromise for their fans.

16. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,902 Messages
    6,394 Likes Received
    They could just be the "Skins." Then they don't need to bother with redesigned uniforms, or uniforms at all.

BigStar, pancakeman and DandyDon52 like this.
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

32,167 Messages
    22,500 Likes Received
    That basketball team was in Philly and won championships.

18. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

5,969 Messages
    8,538 Likes Received
    Washington Neanderthals?

19. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

6,989 Messages
    5,818 Likes Received
    How about the Bullets

20. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,210 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    I went through the whole Extreme Skins thread on the topic yesterday, and a plurality there think it's going to end up Warriors, because Danny Boy has said he wants to retain the NA identification.

Two suggestions less popular but still with substantial support were Redtails and Red Wolves.

As the son of a pilot who was a Vietnam vet, I'm partial to Redtails. But I'm not making those decisions.

Two I liked but with a snowball's chance are Red Cloud (after the chief) and TTFKATRs (the team formerly..)

D-

dogberry and Pantone282C like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.