Possible offensive coordinator from playoff teams

cowboyec

Reaction score
Using Jerry's statement regarding Linehan and OC position, it's not hard to see he has his eyes on an assistant coach from Pats, Rams, Chiefs or Saints. Otherwise there no reason to wait if he's targeting a coach from 28 non-playoff teams left. We also know how important connection and/or familiarity is to Jerry, Jason, and Stephen. Kromer is closest and frankly, the only connection from the four playoff teams left.
I believe Garrett and Saints asst Dan Campbell were teammates on the NY Giants...

cristglo

Reaction score
Did a little searching for possible Linehan replacement from each of the four playoff teams. Looking at their QB coach and/or passing/running game coordinators, I could only come up one name as a possible target AND fit. The rest are not even close......

Using two criteria of proven experience and familiarity/connection to Jerry, Jason, Stephen or coaching staff (Marinelli), Rams running-game coordinator/OL coach Aaron Kromer could very well their target. His resume is quite impressive......

2008 ....Sean Payton's RB coach then OL coach. Under his tenure the Saints OL
*2009-2012 OL coach
*sent five players to combine nine Pro Bowls
*tie for fewest sacks in the league 96
*OL twice won Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award as the best line in the league
(2009 and 2011)
2013 .....Bears offensive coordinator and OL coach
2015......Bills OL coach
2017 .....Rams OL coach .....2018 Rams OL coach/running game coordinator

Familiarity/connection box .......

Sean Payton.....we know what Jerry think of Payton
Marinelli...........His son-in-law Joe Barry is McVay's assistant head coach

Check out his resume for yourself
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kromer

Here's a compilation of all NFL teams administration and coaches

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs
I was researching this early this morning! Didnt see your post but was wondering who could he possible be looking at and that is the name I came up with also Aaron Kromer after researching where he has been and what he has done he sounds really interesting. Young and up coming and we are a run first team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I was researching this early this morning! Didnt see your post but was wondering who could he possible be looking at and that is the name I came up with also Aaron Kromer after researching where he has been and what he has done he sounds really interesting. Young and up coming and we are a run first team.

Did you notice he works with Marnelli's son-in-law, Joe Barry? But more than anything he's a damn good coach, one of the top OL coaches in the league.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it could be Dan Campbell of the Saints.
•played here
•native Texan
•got some mentions for some of the vacant HC spots.

I'm not sure if OC would be a step up from the Assistant Head Coach title he has in NO. Plus, if there is any semblance of truth to the rumors that Payton may not keep coaching much longer, he would be in line to take over.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'm not sure if OC would be a step up from the Assistant Head Coach title he has in NO. Plus, if there is any semblance of truth to the rumors that Payton may not keep coaching much longer, he would be in line to take over.
and maybe JJ was just making a statement...speaking generally and not intentionaly or specificly.
its possible he has no one targeted.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and maybe JJ was just making a statement...speaking generally and not intentionaly or specificly.
its possible he has no one targeted.

Of course, but I was only commenting on Dan Campbell and not the chances that we would even make a change.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Did a little searching for possible Linehan replacement from each of the four playoff teams. Looking at their QB coach and/or passing/running game coordinators, I could only come up one name as a possible target AND fit. The rest are not even close......

Using two criteria of proven experience and familiarity/connection to Jerry, Jason, Stephen or coaching staff (Marinelli), Rams running-game coordinator/OL coach Aaron Kromer could very well their target. His resume is quite impressive......

2008 ....Sean Payton's RB coach then OL coach. Under his tenure the Saints OL
*2009-2012 OL coach
*sent five players to combine nine Pro Bowls
*tie for fewest sacks in the league 96
*OL twice won Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award as the best line in the league
(2009 and 2011)
2013 .....Bears offensive coordinator and OL coach
2015......Bills OL coach
2017 .....Rams OL coach .....2018 Rams OL coach/running game coordinator

Familiarity/connection box .......

Sean Payton.....we know what Jerry think of Payton
Marinelli...........His son-in-law Joe Barry is McVay's assistant head coach

Check out his resume for yourself
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kromer

Here's a compilation of all NFL teams administration and coaches

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs
Well spotted, you are a hawkeye!

cristglo

Reaction score
Did you notice he works with Marnelli's son-in-law, Joe Barry? But more than anything he's a damn good coach, one of the top OL coaches in the league.
Yes I did and his resume as OL coaching is really good IMO I know he has some skeletons in his closet but hopefully he has grown from those mistakes. Being this late in the game I would welcome the hire.