Dallas Trades: Pick #27 (1st Round) and Marion Barber

Miami Trades: Pick #12 (1st Round)

Dallas picks Mike Iupati OL and gets rid of a High Priced Player
that could be starting to downside.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
:laugh2:

The draft silly season has barely begun and the Iupati craze is already sweeping the nation.

At least the lamentation will be amusing when he's not available in April.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Alexander;3257536 said:

The draft silly season has barely begun and the Iupati craze is already sweeping the nation.

You beat me to it.

It's all in good fun though.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hes not falling to 27, but he will be there around 16/17.

and why would Miami want a running back?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
garyv;3257533 said:
Just throwing out a possible Trade Scenario:

over/under - how many times will barber be traded in these forums this off-season?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257541 said:

I wouldn't sound so sure.

I've seen some crazy stuff happen in the draft over the years. All it takes is 1 team to reach and it throws off the entire round.

garyv

Reaction score
Ronnie Brown very Injury Prone, Ricky Williams can go at any time only there for the Money not the love for playing. Marion Barber is on the Cowboys because of Bill Parcells and hes a Bill Parcells type of guy. It makes sense if you think Mike Iupati is worth it at #12. Honestly I do because I'm tired of not rebuilding our OL. I think we would be just as good with Tashard Choice taking Marion Barbers carries so we would be splitting Felix Jones and Choice.

Alexander

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257541 said:

Well, Ronnie Brown is coming off an injury and Ricky Williams is going into what he says is his final season.

That said, I don't see Barber as been all that attractive even though Parcells was part of drafting him. That contract he is under is prohibitive to any trade.

tunahelper

Reaction score
If Miami would go for the trade I would do it in a heartbeat. Anyway we can get TC and Felix the lion share of carries is a good thing.

Alexander

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3257551 said:
If we can trade up to #12 we better take Earl Thomas.
I would not trade up for a safety. And I like Thomas.

Since you are at it, how about Barber, Williams, our first, Carpenter and Coakley to move up to Cleveland's spot for Berry?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Alexander;3257555 said:
I would not trade up for a safety. And I like Thomas.

Since you are at it, how about Barber, Williams, our first, Carpenter and Coakley to move up to Cleveland's spot for Berry?

Thomas > Berry

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;3257536 said:

Why do you feel it neccessary to urinate on his wet dream?:D

BTW- I've been following the draft closely for 30 years. More times than not, the top interior OL isn't drafted before the 20th pick.

A lot of time before the draft and much will change. Iupati may very well be drafted at 15, but he also may slip to 27.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
a move up 15 spots in Round 1 would ususlly require swapping 2010 picks, and throwing in our 2011 1st rounder or at least our 2010 2nd round pick.

Does anybody think a 27 year old running back with a $45 million contract and alot of tread on the tire is worth either of those picks? I highly doubt Bill Parcells does.

garyv

Reaction score
Marion might also redo his Contract to leave:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated that money won't be a factor in Marion Barber returning for the 2010 season, but injury concerns could cause a change in his usage pattern.

MBIII's injuries have been of the nagging variety, but the Cowboys still haven't been able to rely on him down the stretch for two straight years. Felix Jones has earned a greater share of the early-down carries, and Tashard Choice is expected to see more time on passing downs. ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins shot down a "hot rumor" that the Cowboys are shopping Barber, who is due $4M bonus on top of his $3.8M salary in 2010. Jan. 26 - 2:28 pm et
Source: Dallas Morning News

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
parcells316;3257561 said:
a move up 15 spots in Round 1 would ususlly require swapping 2010 picks, and throwing in our 2011 1st rounder or at least our 2010 2nd round pick.

Does anybody think a 27 year old running back with a $45 million contract and alot of tread on the tire is worth either of those picks? I highly doubt Bill Parcells does?

AL DAVIS, but Marions not fast enough.

reddyuta

Reaction score
trade up to draft a guard?.JJ will laugh at this if anybody suggests such a outrageous trade up.

garyv

Reaction score
Would I make the Trade "YES" in a Heartbeat because Mike Iupati from reports I've read could play anywhere on the OL if needed. This would be the type of OL that would be rock solid for years. We will not smell him at Pick #27 so there would be a need to move up.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
garyv;3257533 said:

Like your thinking here few a few reasons.
1) I believe we should be aggresive and get the best OL prospect we can. Maybe Iupati is that guy, maybe not.
2) You selected a team with knowledge/history of Barber. Shows you're thinking this through.

But here's the problem. Barber has little real trade value, even if Parcels likes the guy and would want him. And that's certainly plausible.

If a Barber to Miami trade were actually happened, it would probably be for a 2nd day pick.

The value gap between 12 and 27 is HUGE! At minimum a trade for Miami's 12th pick would cost us our 27th, 2010 2nd rd pick and something else. Maybe as much as our 2010 3rd or a 2011 2nd.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
garyv;3257533 said:

*blinks*

Ummm...no. There is no way, at all, that Miami is doing this deal to basically have Barber. They have Brown and Williams and they can draft another running back in the 2nd-5th rounds to bringin and share time with those two or in case they get hurt.

Why add a very highly paid, and injury prone (when given too much of the work load) running back to their team?

This is not a good trade, at all.

Alexander;3257536 said:

Oh it will be as silly and ugly as some of the ones that have went on this year, for sure, with people running around here crying about their pet cats that Dallas didn't take, even though those pet cats were gone before Dallas ever picked.

iceberg;3257543 said:
over/under - how many times will barber be traded in these forums this off-season?

The idea has already happened so much I'd imagine it could go to well over that. I'm thinking over.