Twitter: Possibly a reason for the lack of Pre-Snap Motion

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This popped up in my Twitter news feed this morning.

I’m worried Jerry got scammed. I wasn’t buying the Peter King fluff piece to get their good ole boy back in the league but I was willing to give him a chance.

It’s still early and maybe he will eventually change his old habits.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh well, looks like Jerry was sold a bill of goods that wasn't as advertised. He's been doing that to the fans for 20 years so I won't shed any tears for this.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I’m worried Jerry got scammed. I wasn’t buying the Peter King fluff piece to get their good ole boy back in the league but I was willing to give him a chance.

Tony would add it in pre-snap to screw with the linebackers and safeties. But you’re limited if its not built into the offense.

its not necessary all the time, but it does add stress to the D.
The Rams seem to like it

McKDaddy

Reaction score
well, I would like to think no one has the ability to BS their way thru 10 years of employment like JG did. So, I would hope MM has to embrace something soon.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tony would add it in pre-snap to screw with the linebackers and safeties. But you’re limited its not built into the offense.

its not necessary all the time, but it does add stress to the D.
The Rams seem to like it

That game Sunday hurt to watch. It was the same basic vanilla crap.

They did tell us there wouldn't be a lot of change to the offense. I can't freakin believe they really meant it though. Hopefully it was just game 1 and they will evolve but we can not achieve elite level of play running that crap.

phildadon86

Reaction score

LOL Aaron ADMITS he didnt want motion. But lets blame MM. Every thought logically and said to yourself "hey maybe Mike didnt like motion BECAUSE Aaron didnt?"

Of course you didnt because you are dead set on being right about MM.

MikeB80

Reaction score
McCarthy told the atlanta media yesterday Mike Nolan is doing a great job and they are fundamentally sound, said he has some great packages for the defense.

Must have left all these traits in frisco last sunday night.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL Aaron ADMITS he didnt want motion. But lets blame MM. Every thought logically and said to yourself "hey maybe Mike didnt like motion BECAUSE Aaron didnt?"

Of course you didnt because you are dead set on being right about MM.

Ummm.. Rodgers gave his specific perspective about Pre-snap motion and then gave McCarthy's specific perspective about Pre-snap motion.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
McCarthy told the atlanta media yesterday Mike Nolan is doing a great job and they are fundamentally sound, said he has some great packages for the defense.

Must have left all these traits in frisco last sunday night.

They were horrendous early but did get some stops as the game went along. Of course you could argue some of that was the Rams stopping themselves. Atlanta will look to run the things they struggled to stop so we'll see if they look better this week.

Blake

Reaction score
Lack of pre-snap motion strikes me as a stubborn unwillingness to adapt to proven industry standards/practices because it's "too hard"; though the coaches or organization won't outright admit it because of pride. Imagine a major software company deciding to use procedural programming over OOP because they can't be bothered with all the intricacies of designing classes and libraries, or refusing to use Agile or some other proven development roadmap because it's too tedious.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
We will we better off when we realize Jerry’s goal is 8-8. Anything above that is icing. He’s made a killing being average.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ummm.. Rodgers gave his specific perspective about Pre-snap motion and then gave McCarthy's specific perspective about Pre-snap motion.
Yes he did, let me copy and paste from the caption of the video you posted.

"For a long time here I didn't want any motion and Mike didn't like motion"

He says HE didnt want motion. Maybe MM was giving him what he wanted?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes he did, let me copy and paste from the caption of the video you posted.

"For a long time here I didn't want any motion and Mike didn't like motion"

He says HE didnt want motion. Maybe MM was giving him what he wanted?

Yawn....

I think you're arguing just to argue bud.

Qcard

Reaction score

Fools Gold......there is No "Motion" or special sauce against Aaron Donald

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yawn....

I think you're arguing just to argue bud.
No. Im arguing because you're using a guy who literally said he didnt want motion and trying to blame our HC to fit your agenda. You havent liked the hire since the beginning. Aaron Rodgers is a known diva and was the star of the franchise. Pretty sure MM was giving said Diva what he wanted.