Twitter: Possibly a reason for the lack of Pre-Snap Motion

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t want to believe it but I watched the game. Can anyone point out anything that we saw during the game that would point to someone studying all 32 teams for a year and then implementing the things that were working throughout the league? I saw slow developing comeback routes just like we had before. I saw a defense get no consistent pressure and leave huge holes everywhere that were easily exploited. I saw very little adjustment and nothing unique at all anywhere. That’s just more of the exact same thing with a different head coach. Did he really study the league for an entire year and only come up with the math saying going for it more on 4th down might be beneficial and then apply that at the exact wrong time late in a close game? Someone supplying me with facts to the contrary would greatly be welcomed. Thank you.
You want facts. We brought in an entirely new coaching staff in a pandemic year with hardly any time to install anything. Then lost our starting RT. Then our starting TE. lol. Im not judging the guy on one week.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This popped up in my Twitter news feed this morning.

I’m worried Jerry got scammed. I wasn’t buying the Peter King fluff piece to get their good ole boy back in the league but I was willing to give him a chance.

It’s still early and maybe he will eventually change his old habits.

Moore was supposed to use a lot of pre-snap motion, not sure what happened.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You want facts. We brought in an entirely new coaching staff in a pandemic year with hardly any time to install anything. Then lost our starting RT. Then our starting TE. lol. Im not judging the guy on one week.

I asked for facts pointing to the fruits of a year spent studying the entire league in depth and them implementing what you found to be successful, not excuses as to why the team is exactly the same. They are all professionals. They had plenty of time to implement changes and better designed plays. I’m not saying they should instantly be the Chiefs on offense but how hard is it add in a few wrinkles. Maybe it is harder than I think when you are dealing with an average QB who doesn’t want to change anything while he is asking for twice the money he is worth.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no pre-season and a shortened off-season didn't help for a new install.
im gonna give him time before i believe it was a scam.
and rodgers word is worthless.

Flamma

Reaction score
Anyone just watch the press conference? McCarthy basically said he doesn't like to run a lot of motion or pre snap movement if it doesn't mean anything.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Motion isn’t the only thing missing in this offense. We need to go deep every pass.

I’d burn the playbook and have everyone run go routes. Now that witten is gone it’s possible.

Qcard

Reaction score
Motion is to slow coverage and edge rushers, not defensive tackles
Who said it was???

Aaron Donald wrecks anything or anyone.

Arguing that Motions or anything that affects Aaron's DEs or DBs teammates would somehow hold back Aaron is fools gold.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This popped up in my Twitter news feed this morning.

I’m worried Jerry got scammed. I wasn’t buying the Peter King fluff piece to get their good ole boy back in the league but I was willing to give him a chance.

It’s still early and maybe he will eventually change his old habits.

I saw that tweet too and thought the same thing. With all of the leeway receivers have these days to not use motion, rubs, and bunches seems archaic.

Ken

Reaction score
We did run motion, not a lot of it but we did do it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Who said it was???

Aaron Donald wrecks anything or anyone.

Arguing that Motions or anything that affects Aaron's DEs or DBs teammates would somehow hold back Aaron is fools gold.
You posted an Aaron donald stat, I'm simply saying this topic has nothing to do with him or his position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We did run motion, not a lot of it but we did do it.

I think we had the least amount in the league at 4%.

It's not even that though. It's that we look like we're going down the same path offensively that we always go and that sucks.

Reactions: Ken

erod

Reaction score
The truth is, motion isn't really that impactful. Still comes down to basic execution.

Blake

Reaction score
One look at McCarthy and you can tell he doesn't like motion.

I mean the guy is old so cut him a little slack. I'm a former Marine and still run three to four times a week to stay in shape, but can't put out at 35 like I did just 8 years ago. Some days it feels like cinder blocks are attached to my feet. Once you hit that wall, not much can be done but try to maintain.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Fools Gold......there is No "Motion" or special sauce against Aaron Donald

I'm confused about the tweet. It's from 2018...back when MM was the coach. When they didn't do the pre-snap motion.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
The reality is McCarthy got run out of GB for the same reasons most of the fanbase disliked Garrett and his lack of ingenuity.

The Jones’ wouldn’t know a worthy, up and coming, innovative coach if he was sitting next to them.

they made a safe, known hire. Expecting those 2 dopes to be on the cutting edge of anything outside of marketing and making money, isn’t likely.

Qcard

Reaction score
I'm confused about the tweet. It's from 2018...back when MM was the coach. When they didn't do the pre-snap motion.
Basically, there isn't anything then or now any team or player had done neutralize Aaron Donald's production.
Assuming that Motion would have helped against Rams is Fools Gold