Post an obscure and pointless fact

timb2

Reaction score
On Mount Everest, there are still multiple bodies that have perished and new climbers sometimes have to walk over them to reach the top of the mountain. They say it takes about 20 people to carry down just one cadaver and local villagers who are guides won't touch them over superstition.

timb2

Reaction score
In the movie "The Warriors" Robert DeNiro was originally suppose to play "Cowboy" and Tony Danza was originally suppose to be "Vermin". DeNiro had landed a bigger movie role as the lead role in "Taxi Driver"....Tony Danza got the steady role in a TV series "Taxi" also instead.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Comics characters "Professor X" & "Magneto" were based on real life leaders Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X.
Huh, I see no similarities whatsoever.
In what way were They "based" on Them?
I have not previously read or heard anyone associated with Marvel make this comparison but it is a logical one. King's ideology promoted peaceful inclusion among all people. Xavier's fictional philosophy strives for the peaceful assimilation of homo sapiens and homo superior. Malcolm's earlier advocacy aimed for separate co-existence. Eric's imaginary early advancement of mutantkind depended upon dominate and separate co-existence with humankind.

This has grabbed my interest. I may do some goggling and try uncovering some quotes Stan Lee or others might have given on this subject.

kskboys

Reaction score
In MLB, before 1931 balls that bounced over or through the fence were HR's.