Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
on this date...Sept 8,1955...Elvis performed at the city auditorium in Clarksdale,Mississippi.

can't imagine what that must've been like.

cowboyec

Reaction score
But I assume there was still music and singing.
Unless this was Elvis in His early Stand-Up Comedy phase?
despite the comedy....still historic....can't imagine being one of the lucky ones to have seen him perform before super-stardom.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
despite the comedy....still historic....can't imagine being one of the lucky ones to have seen him perform before super-stardom.
You probably would have been like most of America, and considered it......well, not your kind of music.
For example, I saw SRV play at an Eric Clapton concert before he was known, and the only reason I know that is because one of my friends told me a few years ago...and Stevie is favorite guitarist now.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You probably would have been like most of America, and considered it......well, not your kind of music.
For example, I saw SRV play at an Eric Clapton concert before he was known, and the only reason I know that is because one of my friends told me a few years ago...and Stevie is favorite guitarist now.
maybe....or I'd been like the teenagers goin' nuts...either way....I'd love to have been there.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Frozen lobsters can come back to life when thawed....source allthatsinteresting
lobster-on-ice.jpg
wonder if that would work with @waldoputty ??:lmao2:

timb2

Reaction score
In France during the Middle Ages, a sow and her six piglets were accused of the crime of killing and eating a human child in 1547. The sow was executed, but her family were spared because of their youth and the bad example set by their mother.....source strangetimes

kskboys

Reaction score
In 1943, Pittsburgh and Philly asked and received league approval to join teams. They were known as Phil-Pitt and fans called them the Steagals. The merger was automatically resolved on the last day of the season.

timb2

Reaction score
Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.....source-factsdaily

damngina.jpg