Post Draft Analysis

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I know…I’m insane for wanting us to have a WR room that competes with the rest of the playoff front runners.
Most of us don't see the WR Corp as the reason for the 9ers defeat and in any case, the addition of Cooks, Tolbert with a year to ingratiate himself with the playbook and a big club as well as a Gallup a year on from an injury which most players not called Peterson requires over 12 months to overcome = a room that's much improved from last season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Most of us don't see the WR Corp as the reason for the 9ers defeat and in any case, the addition of Cooks, Tolbert with a year to ingratiate himself with the playbook and a big club as well as a Gallup a year on from an injury which most players not called Peterson requires over 12 months to overcome = a room that's much improved from last season.
“Most of us” seems like quite a stretch…and I’d also add that almost every Cowboys analyst that cover the team has talked about adding weapons since the loss to the 49ers but you see it differently which is fine.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
“Most of us” seems like quite a stretch…and I’d also add that almost every Cowboys analyst that cover the team has talked about adding weapons since the loss to the 49ers but you see it differently which is fine.
The majority of us saw losing the running game as the primary reason and that without it and 9ers sitting back in secondary coverage meant nobody was getting open (as opposed to the previous week against the Buccs).

cnuball21

Reaction score
The majority of us saw losing the running game as the primary reason and that without it and 9ers sitting back in secondary coverage meant nobody was getting open (as opposed to the previous week against the Buccs
I’d prefer not to play into the 49ers strength if we play them again but to each their own.

And stop saying “the majority of us”…multiple people have been asking for more offensive weapons since we hit the offseason.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’d prefer not to play into the 49ers strength if we play them again but to each their own.

And stop saying “the majority of us”…multiple people have been asking for more offensive weapons since we hit the offseason.
But you have to run at them or they sit in coverage - I've told you on multiple occasions, go read the Jimmie Ward boast about how they play Dak....and that was a year before they did it again in January.
The majority of fans can see that it was the run game that failed us, hence Mike's emphasis on the run game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
But you have to run at them or they sit in coverage - I've told you on multiple occasions, go read the Jimmie Ward boast about how they play Dak....and that was a year before they did it again in January.
The majority of fans can see that it was the run game that failed us, hence Mike's emphasis on the run game.
I don’t know why you keep bringing up the Jimmie Ward quote like it’s the golden ticket…multiple teams and players have stated our offense has been predictable under Kellen and that they can sit on those stupid curl routes that he called so much. Yes we need to run to help the pass but we aren’t beating them with a ground and pound offense.

Right on que - “the majority of us fans.”

We’re all set here, no need for additional back and forth.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don’t know why you keep bringing up the Jimmie Ward quote like it’s the golden ticket…multiple teams and players have stated our offense has been predictable under Kellen and that they can sit on those stupid curl routes that he called so much. Yes we need to run to help the pass but we aren’t beating them with a ground and pound offense.

Right on que - “the majority of us fans.”

We’re all set here, no need for additional back and forth.
I keep bringing it up as he explains how they're going to beat us, they did it in 2022 and repeated it using EXACTLY the same defensive formula.
I keep bringing it up because you keep ignoring it... despite it coming from the horses mouth.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I keep bringing it up as he explains how they're going to beat us, they did it in 2022 and repeated it using EXACTLY the same defensive formula.
I keep bringing it up because you keep ignoring it... despite it coming from the horses mouth.
And I explained multiple times how this isn’t just a Jimmie Ward thing…

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And I explained multiple times how this isn’t just a Jimmie Ward thing…
I think you need to go and read it again, because it's quite prophetic. Actually it's quite a shock that he said it 12 months before the last defeat, because it was EXACTLY what happened.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think you need to go and read it again, because it's quite prophetic. Actually it's quite a shock that he said it 12 months before the last defeat, because it was EXACTLY what happened.
I was more concerned with the OL getting obliterated in 2022 loss than opposing players talking trash. I was more concerned about our lack of weapons heading into the 2023 playoffs than opposing players talking trash. The whole league knows we run all curls multiple times a game and no-one is running past them. The SF defense is really good and is able to take advantage of that more than other teams.

I'm all set...moving along.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I was more concerned with the OL getting obliterated in 2022 loss than opposing players talking trash. I was more concerned about our lack of weapons heading into the 2023 playoffs than opposing players talking trash. The whole league knows we run all curls multiple times a game and no-one is running past them. The SF defense is really good and is able to take advantage of that more than other teams.

I'm all set...moving along.
We went in there and did what we needed to do: Stop the run and force them to be one-dimensional. See if Prescott could win the game for them,”
Jimmie didnt agree with you

cnuball21

Reaction score
We went in there and did what we needed to do: Stop the run and force them to be one-dimensional. See if Prescott could win the game for them,”
Jimmie didnt agree with you
Earth shattering…that formula works against every team in the NFL when you have the best defense in football.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Earth shattering…that formula works against every team in the NFL when you have the best defense in football.
Now, how come the Buccs, with the better secondary, were taken apart the week before?? Maybe the running game?
Your whole ....it was the WR Corp that was the reason for our failure in the play-offs is crushed because it worked so well vrs the Buccs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Now, how come the Buccs, with the better secondary, were taken apart the week before?? Maybe the running game?
Your whole ....it was the WR Corp that was the reason for our failure in the play-offs is crushed because it worked so well vrs the Buccs.
Our QB played perfect. Our FO has failed in thinking our QB can consistently play at that level throughout the playoffs. Not that guy and needs help just like every other top 10ish QB in football.

We need to be firing on all cylinders on O to beat the 49ers. We lost 1 of the 2 weapons we had on offense, and the 49ers had 1 weapon to worry about.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Our QB played perfect. Our FO has failed in thinking our QB can consistently play at that level throughout the playoffs. Not that guy and needs help just like every other top 10ish QB in football.

We need to be firing on all cylinders on O to beat the 49ers. We lost 1 of the 2 weapons we had on offense, and the 49ers had 1 weapon to worry about.
They didn't respect our run game/Zeke and could sit back in coverage. In that situation any WR would find difficulty getting open ...remember the year before we had the same problem and Dak had AMARI to go with CeeDee.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They didn't respect our run game/Zeke and could sit back in coverage. In that situation any WR would find difficulty getting open ...remember the year before we had the same problem and Dak had AMARI to go with CeeDee.
And the year before our OL got completely destroyed and our run D failed…different problem (s).

Are we done yet?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And the year before our OL got completely destroyed and our run D failed…different problem (s).

Are we done yet?
But it was after that game that Jimmie Ward made the quote, can't you see that the above game and the penalties was akin to us losing Pollard this year?? Offensive Penalties = long distance downs= having to abandon the run = SF sit in coverage.

cnuball21

Reaction score
But it was after that game that Jimmie Ward made the quote, can't you see that the above game and the penalties was akin to us losing Pollard this year?? Offensive Penalties = long distance downs= having to abandon the run = SF sit in coverage.
Good for Jimmie and his magical quotes. There were stats / metrics that showed us exactly why we lost the 1st game, and again, it was awful OL play and run defense.

Are we done yet?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Good for Jimmie and his magical quotes. There were stats / metrics that showed us exactly why we lost the 1st game, and again, it was awful OL play and run defense.

Are we done yet?
I suppose that first sentence is a somewhat begrudging concession. The stats/metrics were that we couldn't run the ball because of long yardage downs and despite having CeeDee and Amari it's extremely difficult to break down the SF defense IF IT SITS IN COVERAGE.
Post draft, we're a better receiving team with Cooks and even Schoonmaker improving speed from TE....but more importantly we appear to have schematic improvements to help the running game (which I suppose the FO didn't see coming from Torrance/Bradford).