Post game observations...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2312115 said:
Personally, I'm pretty sick of the complacency.

I got pretty hyped and rode the good vibes and excellent play all of last season only to see things go to the crapper in the playoffs.

Not gonna ignore the faults that the team has just because they are winning NOW because when it comes do-or-die, win-or-cry time simply wishing that they don't exist won't cut it.

I am pleased with the record the team has. 4-1 is a good start but I'm sick of the team being good and not taking the next step. When is it time for all those picks and all that money to pay off?

So I will be critical. Especially of Romo who talks about improving and how he put the work in emulating Tom Brady, this that and the other. When will it be time for him to take the next step? Nobody should have to accept TERRIBLE decisions and miscues because he makes up for at other times. And nobody should have to just accept it as is because "hes better than what we once had". He is better than a lot of those scrubs that came floating through but if we are going to start comparing, why not begin with some guys who were the franchise player and who had the leadership ability to will his team to victory and produce championships. Good thing for Romo, hes still got time on his side to finally learn and move on.

I think we all have every right to be critical. Plain and simple, he needs to quit giving the ball away. The OP is right. Turning the ball over in the playoffs is pretty much asking to be bounced. Going back to the beginning of last year, guess how many games Romo hasn't thrown an INT.

3. 3 Games in last 22 Romo has not thrown a pick. Absolutely horrible. If Eli Manning can step up and learn to not give the ball away, why can't Romo? If that means that he will throw for 30 TDs instead of 38-40, I'll take it. Really, what is an extra 3 points per game when it comes at the expense of at least 1 awful mistake.

So I'll be critical because I expect more of the team. Too much talent to be having that many mistakes.

However, to suggest that I or anyone else who is critical of the team are less dedicated or label them as "chicken littles" is ignorant of the fact that this team is far from perfect.

I'd say that over a decades worth of play without a successful trip to the playoffs has at the very least earned all of us the right to be critical without having sit through the wasted bandwidth posts of people calling others "chicken littles".

My thoughts exactly.

Good post.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2312329 said:
So you are content with the pass rush & Felix is not a stud?

14 sacks on the year through five games. Felix is good stud no.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2312107 said:
NYG is crushing the teams they are suppossed to be crushing (unlike us).

If you didn't notice, they only beat the Bengals by 3, so not exactly crushing.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
shnagy;2312663 said:
If you didn't notice, they only beat the Bengals by 3, so not exactly crushing.

Your defense is one game? C'mon, dude.. Bring it! *snap*

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2312059 said:
1) Romo is too careless with the ball, he will NEVER win a post season game if he cant take care of the ball. 'Creating' in the pocket might be his strength, but its also his greatest weakness. You have to know when to let go of the ball.

2) Zach is a beast. He might be small and undersized but he is always in the right position to make the play. He can be pushed back sure, but he is 90% of the time there to make a play.

3) Quit TELEGRAPHING the ball to WITTEN Tony! Witten has gone from being a safety valve to Romo's primary target. EVERYONE KNOWS that he WILL force a BALL to Jason and so did Keith Rivers.

4) Felix is a stud. Too much speed and too many moves for him not to be used.

5) TO is under utilized in this offense. I know he is doubled and shadowed, but be creative for a chaneg Garrett. You have been labeled as a offensive guru/genius.. prove it by getting 81 the ball. Put him in motion and let him work the middle of the field. And tell your QB to step into his throws and quit throwing behind him on his crossing routes.

6) Pacman has to START. He is 2 physical and 2 aggressive for him not to be. He is our best corner and should be in there every down. His aggressiveness might get him beat more than often, but he will put himself in a position to make a play on the ball. He needs to change his gloves because the brand he is wearing is NOT working. He was beaten on comeback routes by pro bowl WR's... so what.

7) Lack of a pass rush is sickening. I am glad DWare kept his streak alive but NOT glad he only has made an impact in the 4th quarter. BE CREATIVE WADE. Send him up the middle or have him line up with Ellis next to each other.... something please...

I'm done.... Hope this team improves or we dont have a chance against the G-Men or Skins.....
TO is underutilized? Yesterday, yes, but over a third of the plays went to him last week.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2312695 said:
Your defense is one game? C'mon, dude.. Bring it! *snap*

Out of 4 games played. They beat the worst team in football, the Rams, who haven't been close to beating anyone. They barely beat a "bad" Cincy team. They beat a Foreskins team that hadn't caught fire yet. They beat an overrated Seahawks team.

I was using the Bengals as an example because it's one team that the Gints and Boys have played already.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
My point was that they are beating the teams the way they are supposed to be beating them.. soundly. When they embarrass their opponents, they are not taking their foot off of their neck. They out played Washington up and down except the score and the one and only game they fell flat on was Cincy. but make no mistake, Cincy was their exception, not their rule.

We are winning as well and this isn't a shot at Dallas. I am not as agianst the way we have handled our business as some others. I actually think we have done very well against some high power offenses. We have made it through a very tough part of our schedule. But I do respect the Giants. those guys are looking nasty and deserve to be graded out higher than us... right now.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2312781 said:
My point was that they are beating the teams the way they are supposed to be beating them.. soundly. When they embarrass their opponents, they are not taking their foot off of their neck. They out played Washington up and down except the score and the one and only game they fell flat on was Cincy. but make no mistake, Cincy was their exception, not their rule.

We are winning as well and this isn't a shot at Dallas. I am not as agianst the way we have handled our business as some others. I actually think we have done very well against some high power offenses. We have made it through a very tough part of our schedule. But I do respect the Giants. those guys are looking nasty and deserve to be graded out higher than us... right now.

I'll wait till we play them to find out who's better than who. Seems to be the best way to settle it. :cool:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
shnagy;2312801 said:
I'll wait till we play them to find out who's better than who. Seems to be the best way to settle it. :cool:

Logic has ZERO place on this forum!!

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2312781 said:

They will be hard to beat....

I cant stand Brandon Jacobs and his fat mouth and hope he gets knocked out.

I hope Antonio Pierce gets Barbarian'ed again..

Put Pacman on Plax as he is most physical and wont play him scared. I dont care if he gives up 8-9 inches to him. He will play big. T-New will get double moved and our most physically able corner will get ran by.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No one is going to rush the passer effectively when the QB takes 3 step drops and throws to quick routes. That's one way to defeat a pass rush. The Skins did it and the Bengals did it. As soon as Palmer had to throw to routes that take time to develop you saw them pressuring the passer.

Could it be better. Yeah. But you're only going to see so much pass rush from the 3 man front in this defense. Esp when they are coached to stay in their lanes and not free lance. The defense is made to rush the passer with the outside LBs. Which is why the majority of sacks are going to be made by Ware and Ellis and they are. When Spencer gets better he will get more snaps and sacks.

It makes no sense to moan about the lack of pass rush when teams are forced to game plan around us because of our pass rush.

FCBarca

Reaction score
jobberone;2312927 said:
No one is going to rush the passer effectively when the QB takes 3 step drops and throws to quick routes. That's one way to defeat a pass rush. The Skins did it and the Bengals did it. As soon as Palmer had to throw to routes that take time to develop you saw them pressuring the passer.

Could it be better. Yeah. But you're only going to see so much pass rush from the 3 man front in this defense. Esp when they are coached to stay in their lanes and not free lance. The defense is made to rush the passer with the outside LBs. Which is why the majority of sacks are going to be made by Ware and Ellis and they are. When Spencer gets better he will get more snaps and sacks.

It makes no sense to moan about the lack of pass rush when teams are forced to game plan around us because of our pass rush.

Guess that's why opponents of the Strahan-less Giants are negating that pass rush through game plans too then eh?

Reaction score
L-O-Jete;2312978 said:
This 4-1 record reeks of 13-3...

Id take 13-3 but I dont think homefield means much since Texas Stadium isnt exactly KC... If we dont get a bye, I wouldnt mind all that much.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2312059 said:
1) Romo is too careless with the ball, he will NEVER win a post season game if he cant take care of the ball. 'Creating' in the pocket might be his strength, but its also his greatest weakness. You have to know when to let go of the ball.

2) Zach is a beast. He might be small and undersized but he is always in the right position to make the play. He can be pushed back sure, but he is 90% of the time there to make a play.

3) Quit TELEGRAPHING the ball to WITTEN Tony! Witten has gone from being a safety valve to Romo's primary target. EVERYONE KNOWS that he WILL force a BALL to Jason and so did Keith Rivers.

4) Felix is a stud. Too much speed and too many moves for him not to be used.

5) TO is under utilized in this offense. I know he is doubled and shadowed, but be creative for a chaneg Garrett. You have been labeled as a offensive guru/genius.. prove it by getting 81 the ball. Put him in motion and let him work the middle of the field. And tell your QB to step into his throws and quit throwing behind him on his crossing routes.

6) Pacman has to START. He is 2 physical and 2 aggressive for him not to be. He is our best corner and should be in there every down. His aggressiveness might get him beat more than often, but he will put himself in a position to make a play on the ball. He needs to change his gloves because the brand he is wearing is NOT working. He was beaten on comeback routes by pro bowl WR's... so what.

7) Lack of a pass rush is sickening. I am glad DWare kept his streak alive but NOT glad he only has made an impact in the 4th quarter. BE CREATIVE WADE. Send him up the middle or have him line up with Ellis next to each other.... something please...

I'm done.... Hope this team improves or we dont have a chance against the G-Men or Skins.....
U made some great points. i agree with just about everything u said!