Post Game Thoughts

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dbair1967;2425606 said:
according to the team website before the game, he was active, did that change?

According to the official gamebook, Bollinger was inactive as the third QB. The other inactives were Felix Jones, Carpenter, Butler, Holland, Berger, Free and Stanback. Courtney Brown was active but did not play. If the official scorer made a mistake (it's possible, I guess), then it was Brown who was inactive.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
adamknite;2425586 said:
As long as it was in the 4th quarter. If the 3rd/emergency QB enters the game before the 4th quarter the other 2 qbs can no longer be used.

I should have said if Romo was knocked out of the game, or was doubtful to return, even if was before the fourth quarter. Rather than try to have Johnson manage the game, I think they would have brought Bollinger in and had him play the rest of the game. If Romo just had to go out for a play or two, they could have used Johnson.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher;2425478 said:
I don't know what would motivate you to lie like that so I won't guess. What is factual, Gurode makes all of the line calls whether you like it or not.

He's referencing a comment made --it might have been by Aikman-- in a game a few weeks back where the announcers mentioned that having Kosier out not only hurt OL continuity, but that Kosier was a smart player who helped Gurode with line calls. It's becoming a tall-tale b/c something gets added each time it gets referenced.