Post game thoughts

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1665171 said:
Somewhere edunce is putting a bullet in the chamber.

Williams will get pounded in messageboardom for not wrapping up on Clark but very few will mention that someone (Hamlin?) made a mistake in coverage because Williams looked to have Olsen. Three takeaways in three games would get applause if a percentage of the fanbase didn't buy into some knuckledraggers in the media.

Somewhere a moron will be calling for Barber to start while forgetting that Jones had over 50 yards called back on rather dubious penalties.

Would it be considered whining about the officiating even though your team won by 24 by mentioning how biased it seemed?

Looking at how many players have been injured playing Dallas, does anyone want to play them? By my count, 10 players have gone out of the game against Dallas in only three games.

Newman looked really good in his limited time.

Dallas gameplanned almost exactly how I thought they would. Questionable penalties hurt in the first half but they can only throw so many flags in a game.

Deon Anderson looked like a high energy fullback.

The offensive pass interference call against Owens was ridiculous, as was at least 1 holding call on Flozell. Witten's penalty didn't look like a block in the back. The officials were bought and paid for, but they couldn't reverse enough calls. They will sleep with the fishes, soon.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Give credit for RedBall using Julius on draws and screens and other plays to get him in space. I thought it was the best they have used Julius all year and the call on Flozell that negated Julius best run was BS. It was good to see JJ doing what he does best.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought the officiating was absolutely terrible. One of the most consistently worst jobs I've seen in a long, long time. Many of the calls on us (offensive pass interference, holding, etc.) were phantom and the Bears were grabbing all night long. Roy got called for a horsecollar and the Bears got away with at least two of them. The hold on Big on JJ's run was ridiculous. Just a terrible, terrible job, but we overcame. That is a very good sign.

FCBarca

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1665314 said:
the refs did have a bad night tonight, but it was just incompetence, not conspiracy.

You could say that if it weren't for the circumstances...Those calls and the noncalls, almost all occurred right in front of the refs...Refs are typically pretty good except when they are intentionally showing bias...Tonight, there was no way to escape that verdict...It was ridiculous

superpunk

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1665450 said:
The law of averages suggest that incompetence wouldn't be so obviously one sided. I don't think the Cowboys had a bad call go their way the whole night.

We got that fumble, that probably wasn't a fumble. That was pretty sweet, and almost made up for all the things they kept throwing at us.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
superpunk;1666217 said:
We got that fumble, that probably wasn't a fumble. That was pretty sweet, and almost made up for all the things they kept throwing at us.

It's nice when you get benefit of a call that can't be overturned because it just flat can't be seen in replay. :)

superpunk

Reaction score
Ozzu;1666218 said:
It's nice when you get benefit of a call that can't be overturned because it just flat can't be seen in replay. :)

There was only one angle that showed it clearly, and it would seem that the ref never saw that, or that it just wasn't enough.

I was thrilled, because after I saw that angle, I was sure it was getting overturned.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
We dominated every aspect of the game...

Davis... Watkins.. Cricket they all came to play on ST they shut Hester up...

The Offense made a statement..

and the D showed what they can do but they know and we know they still are a work in progress