Post Game Tweets 11/18/18

HungryLion

Reaction score

Sounds about right for 6.5 ypa.

He threw downfield a few times at least. But the timing is still off between him and the receivers.

I thought he almost had Gallup on that one but the defender bumped Gallup downfield (should have been a penalty). Without that bump I think Gallup would have been in position to haul it in.

Gonna need to connect on some
Deeper passes to beat the Skins on thanksgiving I imagine.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Sounds about right for 6.5 ypa.

He threw downfield a few times at least. But the timing is still off between him and the receivers.

I thought he almost had Gallup on that one but the defender bumped Gallup downfield (should have been a penalty). Without that bump I think Gallup would have been in position to haul it in.

Gonna need to connect on some
Deeper passes to beat the Skins on thanksgiving I imagine.
I’m just glad we wonnd yes we need to connect on some deeper ones. I hope we have a great thwnksgiving watching the cowboys win

Nav22

Reaction score

This is stupid.

“No attempt at a TD”... uh, yeah, because a FG wins the game.

Nobody goes for a TD when a FG wins the game, even with a “shook kicker.”

You COULD argue that they should’ve been more aggressive in getting closer for a shorter kick.

Zordon

Reaction score
This is stupid.

“No attempt at a TD”... uh, yeah, because a FG wins the game.

Nobody goes for a TD when a FG wins the game, even with a “shook kicker.”

You COULD argue that they should’ve been more aggressive in getting closer for a shorter kick.
Should have made it a shorter attempt. Under 30 yds. Relying Maher to make a 40+yd field goal when he's obviously lost some confidence is just stupid. Once again Garrett lacking situational awareness and putting the onus on players to execute.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That guy is a doofus. Dallas made Atl use all TO's and was then able to leave Atl no time to run a single play. JG played that final set of downs exactly as he should have.
not the correct narrative Fan be careful

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Should have made it a shorter attempt. Under 30 yds. Relying Maher to make a 40+yd field goal when he's obviously lost some confidence is just stupid. Once again Garrett lacking situational awareness and putting the onus on players to execute.
:rolleyes:

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score

This is certainly something to work on, but they took shots downfield early to keep the Falcons from cheating their safeties too much. Zeke's comments about Cooper taking a man out of the box also work here, even if the production isn't there making a defense account for another thing is always beneficial.

Nav22

Reaction score
And I’m sure that if they were more aggressive and it backfired (holding call, sack, turnover, incomplete pass leaving enough time for Atlanta, etc.)... you wouldn’t have complained at all, right?

I was okay with 42 indoors. That’s a kick an NFL kicker should make.