Twitter: Post Game Tweets 11/24/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But shouldn't the QB see the 2 deep and go somewhere else regardless if CD ran the right or wrong route, that is irrelevant. The QB decides where to throw the ball and he decieded to throw it there and then made a bad throw to just cap it off. Dak could have ran, thrown in away or changed the play at the LOS when he saw the 2 deep look. That interception was 100000000000000% on Dak. He played a good second half and has played pretty well since his return. It's ok to take break and give your lips a rest and say he made a bad decision.
Oh, I know my posts eat you up because you can't guarantee 100% that interception was on Dak. You can only assume.

Once again, due to the 2 deep coverage, if CeeDee was supposed to run a comeback or a curl, Dak's throw makes absolute sense. Since CeeDee clearly decided to run a straight fade right into the 2 deep Safety coverage, along with being trailed step-by-step by another DB, that would be more on him. Of course, this places into question why Kellen Moore would design such a play to begin with. Both CeeDee and the next WR just to the left of him both seem to be running the same/similar fade route deep side by side while the furthest left receiver runs a delayed skinny dig underneath. Totally makes no sense, especially since CeeDee and the receiver just to his left are both running similar deep routes into the same coverage while the far left 3rd receiver takes longer to run a skinny dig underneath. That looks so messed up and actually worked towards the Defense's play. Which begs the question: who designed such a poorly designed routes pass play? Certainly not Dak. That falls on the O-Coordinator...and you know it. Also, you're in 3rd & 15 with pressure coming at you, why run such a designed play that takes so long to develop when you've got a heavy pass rush coming at you? Wouldn't a quick striking pass play work much better? Of course you will say that falls on Dak for not audibling into a quick striking pass play, but had Dak audibled into that and actually thrown another interception on that audibled quick striking play, you would still be here blaming Dak. The bottom line is Kellen Moore needs to design much better routes for each receiver against certain defensive coverages, because the ones he is designing simply are not working.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Don't know how you can watch the defender hand fighting Lamb and say that wasn't PI.

I’m going to split the diff and say it was PI but not all that blatant.

Some hand fighting a fraction of a second before the ball arrived, but it wasn’t like the defender kept CeeDee’s arm pinned or knocked him off balance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Splitting the seam against two deep safeties is one of the most common ways to beat that D and the reason the “middle was wide open” was because of the route CeeDee ran. If someone else were to cut underneath him they would have benefited from both safeties staying deep with him. It put everyone else in single coverage. I’m guessing that is exactly what they wanted in that situation. If he splits the seam you have a first down or a TD and if not you throw the underneath route in single coverage for the first or at least shorter FG
Understood, but CeeDee had a DB trailing him who was holding him all the way. Darn officials never threw a flag...as usual. Clearly pass interference. Plus, the underneath route receiver took too long to cut across underneath. It's 3rd & 15 at the 36 yard line and the Giants were bringing the heat. Such a late/deep developing pass play should have never been called or ran. Yes, Dak could have audibled out of it, but we constantly see Kellen Moore call such deep and super late developing pass plays on critical downs where the opposing D is bringing the heat. Much quicker/shorter pass striking plays are what's needed. That falls on the O-Coordinator.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I know my posts eat you up because you can't guarantee 100% that interception was on Dak. You can only assume.

Once again, due to the 2 deep coverage, if CeeDee was supposed to run a comeback or a curl, Dak's throw makes absolute sense. Since CeeDee clearly decided to run a straight fade right into the 2 deep Safety coverage, along with being trailed step-by-step by another DB, that would be more on him. Of course, this places into question why Kellen Moore would design such a play to begin with. Both CeeDee and the next WR just to the left of him both seem to be running the same/similar fade route deep side by side while the furthest left receiver runs a delayed skinny dig underneath. Totally makes no sense, especially since CeeDee and the receiver just to his left are both running similar deep routes into the same coverage while the far left 3rd receiver takes longer to run a skinny dig underneath. That looks so messed up and actually worked towards the Defense's play. Which begs the question: who designed such a poorly designed routes pass play? Certainly not Dak. That falls on the O-Coordinator...and you know it. Also, you're in 3rd & 15 with pressure coming at you, why run such a designed play that takes so long to develop when you've got a heavy pass rush coming at you? Wouldn't a quick striking pass play work much better? Of course you will say that falls on Dak for not audibling into a quick striking pass play, but had Dak audibled into that and actually thrown another interception on that audibled quick striking play, you would still be here blaming Dak. The bottom line is Kellen Moore needs to design much better routes for each receiver against certain defensive coverages, because the ones he is designing simply are not working.

the bottom line is Dak is the QB. He has the ball in his hands. He makes the decision to where the ball goes once the center snaps the ball. This is about Kellen Moore or his play designs. It's about the QB reading the field and making the right decision. Sometimes the best decision is to just throw it away. What is never the right decsion is to throw it into triple coverage, regardless anything else. He had 85 across the middle, it would not have been a first down but it would have gained some yards. Dak was playing hero ball. I don't have any issues with him giving his WR a chance to make the play, but the ball he threw was terrible. If he thrown it to other side, CD would have had a chance. But he threw it to the inside, you know, where the DB was. It was a bad decision and it was a bad throw. It happens. It's ok to say Dak made a mistake I promise you he won't kick out of being the President of Dakboy fanclub.

Loso86

Reaction score
Not if he's making promises.

Jimmy doesn't write checks his players can't cash.

Culture starts with the HC.
That's fine at the end of the day if the coach calls a play and the player false starts I'm not blaming the HC. These players get paid MILLIONS of dollars yet when they make mistakes we blame the coach NOPE

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The "reason" is called a rule...

It is clearly not a TD.

I think he’s just out how puzzling it is that a forward toe tap counts as a foot in bounds, but a toe first then heel doesn’t.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stop watching film and get back to work! Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the bottom line is Dak is the QB. He has the ball in his hands. He makes the decision to where the ball goes once the center snaps the ball. This is about Kellen Moore or his play designs. It's about the QB reading the field and making the right decision. Sometimes the best decision is to just throw it away. What is never the right decsion is to throw it into triple coverage, regardless anything else. He had 85 across the middle, it would not have been a first down but it would have gained some yards. Dak was playing hero ball. I don't have any issues with him giving his WR a chance to make the play, but the ball he threw was terrible. If he thrown it to other side, CD would have had a chance. But he threw it to the inside, you know, where the DB was. It was a bad decision and it was a bad throw. It happens. It's ok to say Dak made a mistake I promise you he won't kick out of being the President of Dakboy fanclub.
Wrong. 85 came across the middle very late. Remember, it was 3rd & 15 and the Giants were bringing the blitz. No way Dak had the time to wait for 85 to run a delayed skinny dig underneath. The pass had to come out quick. Why in hell does Kellen Moore continue to run long developing routes on 3rd or 4th downs when the blitz is coming? Makes no sense! But go ahead and blame Dak all you want. The bottom line, our O-Coordinator has absolutely no business calling in such long developing plays when a blitz is coming. That was strictly on Kellen Moore. Period.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The "reason" is called a rule...

It is clearly not a TD.
I think our next wide receiver coach should be a ballerina. I am down to wide receivers wearing tutu's even during the walkthrough.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Bottom line is that context matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.