Twitter: Post Game Tweets 11/24/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I swear I recall an explanation that the toe tap only applies to dragging a foot where it’s impossible to get a heel down (such as diving out of bounds on a catch). In a situation like Lamb where he’s falling backwards, he has to get his heel down to be a catch. I recall this has come up before in past seasons.

Yeah, I think this is a rule the NFL needs to look at because it makes no rational sense.

You can do a toe tap when going out of bounds to be considered a catch, but in other situations (or other bodily orientations) you have to get a heel down?

Makes zero sense.

They should just simplify the rule to be that any part of both feet (heel, toe, etc.) touch in bounds in sequence prior to another part of the body or foot go out of bounds it’s a legal catch.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He's fan-friendly too.

This is so awesome, he just oozes character out of his pores.

Reminds me of 20 years ago, we took our daughters to Braves spring training at Disney. My 6 year old watched every game she could and was a huge Chipper Jones fan. She was decked out head to shorts in Chipper apparel. We spotted him in the batting cages warming up before coming onto the field. We found her a spot where no one was around behind the fence going from the BC to the field.

As soon as he walked by she said Mr. Jones, may I have your autograph? He didn't even look at her, and she was there all alone. Later, trying to get Andruw Jones' autograph, she got pushed aside by adult males and Jones told her to get back in line.

Gary Sheffield, who had a bad rap, was by far the most friendly of all the Braves players. He talked to my kids and really seemed like he cared about the fans.

That was my last day of ever rooting for the Braves. Driving 18 hours and spending thousands wasn't the big deal, but seeing the hurt in my 5 year olds face was one of the worst feelings ever.

Sorry for the long dribble, just always makes me smile to see players remembering the folks who ultimately pay their salaries.

Well done Micah, but I'm not surprised.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You said you knew the route earlier
Here is the play. Let's see how smart you truly are.

There is less than 2:00 left in the 1st half, the Cowboys have the football inside Giants' territory at the 36 yard line. Cowboys are in FG range, but it's 3rd & 15, so the Cowboys elect to pass. The Giants are playing DBs in press coverage at the line of scrimmage with 2 deep safeties down the middle. You hope to catch the ball and give Maher a shorter kick for a FG. Or, if you get lucky, you pass for 15+ yards, complete the first down, and have enough time left to take 1-2 tries into the endzone for a potential TD.

What's wrong with that picture is you've got press coverage 1-on-1 at the line of scrimmage with 2 safeties sitting deep to prevent a deep throw down the middle or prevent a TD. With all of this in mind, what is CeeDee doing running a deep fade right towards those 2 deep Safeties while he has a CB trailing him tight on his heels? That's the worse route to run on that kind of coverage. An INT waiting to happen, especially with a DB who is on your heels. Either that terrible route against that coverage was called by Kellen Moore... or ... CeeDee ran the wrong route? Either way, there is no way that route should have been called/ran, especially with a DB trailing you step-by-step while 2 Safeties are hanging deep over the middle... or ... CeeDee simply ran the wrong route? Which is it? Maybe CeeDee was supposed to run a deep curl, cutback towards the ball or a slant in front of the deep Safeties? Had Dak thrown that ball deep, in stride and on target, that ball would have still gotten intercepted. The only plausible routes that make sense would have been a curl, comeback or slant. So why didn't CeeDee run any of these more safer routes?

PS: I know the routes that should have been called or ran on the field against that coverage. The correct route(s) definitely was not what CeeDee ran against that deep coverage especially with a trailing DB on his heels.

Loso86

Reaction score
I swear I recall an explanation that the toe tap only applies to dragging a foot where it’s impossible to get a heel down (such as diving out of bounds on a catch). In a situation like Lamb where he’s falling backwards, he has to get his heel down to be a catch. I recall this has come up before in past seasons.
Do you recall Gallup make toe tap catches on the sideline and Terrence Williams too.?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
What's gonna do...make them run sprint, the bull in the ring...etc. he needs to rip his assistants, if the player respect their position coach, they'll try much harder.

It ain't like he can really bench players for their mistakes, especially when it's not just one or two losing focus.

starfan1

Reaction score
Why is CeeDee so dejected after that interception during his deep route? Did CeeDee wrong the wrong route or did Dak underthrow the football?
I’d go with option 2. I think Dak under threw it. The giants Dline was really getting after it in first half they were making things hard for Dak to get comfortable

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’d go with option 2. I think Dak under threw it. The giants Dline was really getting after it in first half they were making things hard for Dak to get comfortable
Whether CeeDee's or Dak's fault, who creates such an ugly route (fade) that runs straight into the double safety deep coverage? The whole middle was wide open. Why not call a comeback, a curl, a quick slant or a skinny post to best exploit the wide open region in the middle? This is why I believe either CeeDee ran the wrong route or the playcall route design was horrible.

Look at my previous statement on this very same page.

superonyx

Reaction score
its not a shame RJ... you cant do that S in the playoffs and get away with it.. especially against an inferior team with two backup corners playing.
Oh since it wasnt the playoffs the Giants decided to let us "get away with that S".
Because had it been a playoff game they would have decided to not let us score those second half points.... gotcha

starfan1

Reaction score
Whether CeeDee's or Dak's fault, who creates such an ugly route (fade) that runs straight into the double safety deep coverage? The whole middle was wide open. Why not call a comeback, a curl, a quick slant or a skinny post to best exploit the wide open region in the middle? This is why I believe either CeeDee ran the wrong route or the playcall route design was horrible.

Look at my previous statement on this very same page.
Ya I think we as fans over analyze things too much because information is much more readily available than it ever was
I mean every play gets critiqued to find fault then we tailor our arguments
I long for the days when we can just watch the game and let the chips fall where they may

Jarntt

Reaction score
the heel has to also land in bounds. If it was just a tap it’s a td but since the heel came down it couldn’t touch the white.
Unless the toe goes back up a little and then the heel comes down out of bounds. Then it would be considered a second touch of the foot and a catch.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is what I saw.

If CeeDee tapped his toe inbounds without the heel it would have been a TD. But when his toe hit the ground and his heel came down out of bounds by rule he is out of bounds. The funny thing is his right foot hit in bounds twice before his left foot hit the ground out of bounds, but you still need both feet in bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.