Twitter: Post Game Tweets 11/28/19

birdwells1

Reaction score
Fans are so desperate for the team to be as angry as they are. It just doesn’t work that way.

Just like after a bad play. You must simply learn from it and move on to the play. Or the next game.

I’ve been around athletes and at end the day they go home after work just like we do. Some days are better than others. You get up the next day and get back to work.

They leave their emotion on the field like professionals. Winning just makes it more fun.
Tell this to Irvin, Emmitt and Troy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The realization is starting to hit Jerry that his hand picked disciple Clappy, that was going to win the SB and prove to everybody that Jerry was indeed a true football guy, is crashing and burning.

The old man is taking it hard, just rambling on about redemption and winning SBs and crying...………..its just sad at this point.

This is absolutely it.

willia451

Reaction score
All he had to do was read my posts from 2008-10. It has played out just as I thought it would. :)

Jerry manages business and money with logic and plans. He manages a football team with emotion and hope. The org is one big nepotism and nostalgia stew from all his kids to the Daddy Garrett, Jason , to brother Garrett, to Leon Lett, to Columbo, etc.etc.

The most valuable franchise in sports was led by a 1 yr QB coach, 2 year OC (who cost 1 season by insisting on Brad Johnson), all because he had an ivy league diploma and familial and professional ties, nothing more. And as the sheen dulled inch by inch by inch, you are left with almost every person in coaching and ownership over their head

This.

Good football teams are kicking our *&$ at will now and mocking us after the game. This is the bottom.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Buffalo got a hell of a player. I wasn't happy about letting him go. This franchise didn't use him to his full potential and then brushed him away.
This was his only 100 yard game this season. More of a product of our defense. We need to go back to the 3/4 defense. The cover 2 we run sucks.

Reactions: CWR

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The constant, beyond "plastic man" Garrett, has been the GM. This organization is ran like Death Row Records. All about Suge... I mean Jerry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d say fire Garrett but there isn’t even an assistant coach worth the interim title on this team...all three phases have been atrocious. Let the season ride out, for better or for worst, can Garrett and start fresh next season after a full HC job search. Don’t see how Richard, Moore, o’quinn or marinelli are deserving of a shot at this point

Based on what I'm hearing Jerry saying about this "chance to win out" (what a joke), I'd bet that they've looked into the firing - interim thing and have realized the same thing that the rest of us have. As sad as it is to admit, none of the assistant coaches would bring anything that would make things any better than what they are right now. And forcing one of them to widen their focus from what they're mishandling now to also try to be a 'head coach' would make things worse not better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Based on what I'm hearing Jerry saying about this "chance to win out" (what a joke), I'd bet that they've looked into the firing - interim thing and have realized the same thing that the rest of us have. As sad as it is to admit, none of the assistant coaches would bring anything that would make things any better than what they are right now. And forcing one of them to widen their focus from what they're mishandling now to also try to be a 'head coach' would make things worse not better.
It wouldn’t make any difference who is standing on the sidelines clapping. It’s the culture of just getting by that has to change.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Fans are so desperate for the team to be as angry as they are. It just doesn’t work that way.

Just like after a bad play. You must simply learn from it and move on to the play. Or the next game.

I’ve been around athletes and at end the day they go home after work just like we do. Some days are better than others. You get up the next day and get back to work.

They leave their emotion on the field like professionals. Winning just makes it more fun.

So winning is just an asset to them is what you’re saying? Just as I thought. This isn’t a good mentality to have. Being robotic and having the same “Tomorrow is a new day!” Mentality isn’t something most athletes have. Athletes grind and get mad after they lose or mess something up. If you aren’t getting mad after the way this team has been playing and acting, you have a problem.

Reactions: CWR

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I'd just like to have a coach that doesn't try to go 4th and 1 from his own 20 early in a game with the lead. Little to no upside, significant potential downside.

But you know, criticism the week before and stuff.

And maybe not play for three like a chump at the end of the first half.

The coach is weak, the team is weak.

That was an embarrassing display yesterday, Bills had a short week, traveled, beat us easily, punked us on the sidelines and made our owner cry.

This is our Dallas Cowboys.

817Gill

Reaction score
Lol. This team is imploding. “A Cowboys source” (aka a player). Too weak to say it out loud, huh? Here come the rumors from the inside. But everyone wants to doubt the implosion theory :rolleyes:.
Lmaoooo I love the consistency :laugh:

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score

And I bet no one took him to task about that right? And what happened after we made the post season? We got bounced easy. After this so called "run". Is that the standard u have? To make a run and get bounced easy in the playoffs? Pathetic. And no we arent going to make a run this year. Last season amari breathed new life into this team but that only got this pathetic JG train so far.
We have nothing this season to breath new life into this team. The last card left was getting an new interim HC.
Writing is on the wall. The FO is embarrassing thinking our team can get it together with this coach.

What's the excuse after we dont make the post season or go 1 and done In the playoffs this time? Get real.