Twitter: Post Game Tweets 12/20/2020

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah. I ain’t down with this. Losing is how you build an organization of losers. You play. To win. The game.

Playing to lose, or at least handicapping the chance to win by not playing his best players, helped Jimmy turn the Herschel trade into a massive draft haul that propelled the Cowboys to 3 Super Bowls.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Playing to lose, or at least handicapping the chance to win by not playing his best players, helped Jimmy turn the Herschel trade into a massive draft haul that propelled the Cowboys to 3 Super Bowls.

Damn, I’m still mad Jimmy didn’t hold on to Walker to try and get to 3-13. Picking up a few meaningless wins would have went a long way for the moral. Much like these meaningless wins over two injury plagued teams is going to really pay dividends next year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Hail Mary at all after Dalton takes a few knell downs. It's absolutely the wrong the play. I get why he ran for the TD, but if he goes down the game is over right then. Instead SF gets the ball back and there is a chance, however small, of coming back.
You're right. A bunch of people pointed that out to me. Don't know what I was thinking when I posted it. The TD by CD was fun to watch, though.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. Jimmy didn't tank. That team was as bad as its record. He churned the roster ad nauseum because he hated losing under any circumstances. He did everything he could to right the ship as fast as he could. 1-15, 7-19, 11-5, 13-3, 12-4. Two Super Bowl wins. Jimmy Johnson was the sorest loser I ever saw and I am eternally grateful for it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn, I’m still mad Jimmy didn’t hold on to Walker to try and get to 3-13. Picking up a few meaningless wins would have went a long way for the moral. Much like these meaningless wins over two injury plagued teams is going to really pay dividends next year.
Totally different situation and era. If we were on our way to 1-15 and some team was dumb enough to take our best player for a gazillion picks, I'd be all for it. That's not where we are, though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I disagree. Jimmy didn't tank. That team was as bad as its record. He churned the roster ad nauseum because he hated losing under any circumstances. He did everything he could to right the ship as fast as he could. 1-15, 7-19, 11-5, 13-3, 12-4. Two Super Bowl wins. Jimmy Johnson was the sorest loser I ever saw and I am eternally grateful for it.

Jimmy sat better veterans we got from the Vikings in the trade so they wouldn't make play time thresholds that would have converted them to draft picks by the terms of the trade.

One could argue that his *intent* wasn't to lose, but simply to get more picks, but he clearly took actions that diminished our chance to win to get more picks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

"You must not be a real fan like me!"