Post Week 3: QB Statistical Ranking

DFWJC

Reaction score
The reason I don’t like the TD to INT ratio is because a team that has a good o line and good RB like Dallas will typically call more runs near the goal line compared to a team that is more likely to pass near the goal line.
So a QB can play a great game and if the team runs for 4 TD and 0 passing TD then the ratio is not going to reflect how well that QB played
This stuff only works for an entire season of stats....not really on a single game basis.
Too much fluctuation on a single game basis.
There are also the times where the run game carries a QB but he gets a short TD pass in the redzone, runs it in himself or gets a short screen that goes 70 yards. It all balances out over the course of a season though.

This also accounts for rushing TDs and fumbles lost....so it's Total turnovers and TDs accounted for.

All I'm saying is that, if not taken alone but combined with QB rating, it will almost always correlate directly to the top MVP candidates.

Quirky stuff happens too. Take Justin Herbert, for example. The guy has had 5 TDs called back already in just 3 games.

Anyway, nothing's perfect but I've found this combo to be pretty accurate over the years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The updated combined stats will come out Tuesday, but needless to say, Dak will be climbing the charts

:dance: