Potential Dak Poachers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im just talking about who they are right now.
This isn't smoke and mirrors
Just straight forward.....who is better now. Cousins, Dak, or neither.
Dak is a much better QB. Cousins had a good year though. I actually like Cousins. He reminds me of the hate Romo got. Makes no sense to me.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes. I see that as possible. But would the hoodie give up the cap room and the picks? IDK

Panthers may not have a good enough team to compete so why trade for Dak? The Broncos may be in the same boat as the Panthers. Why would either of them give up a top 10 pick for Dak, let alone two of them?
Because he's the 2nd best player in the league and in league history, according to Tad and Todd France. What team wouldn't mortgage their entire franchise to get him?
Goodness!!! Put some respect by his name!!!:muttley:

Section446

Reaction score
It would be great if a dream if someone "poached" him away, one less average player on the team.

Swagger

Reaction score
Because he's the 2nd best player in the league and in league history, according to Tad and Todd France. What team wouldn't mortgage their entire franchise to get him?
Goodness!!! Put some respect by his name!!!:muttley:
:lmao::lmao2::laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess it remains to be seen. Id be very shocked if Field's or Wilson isn't wearing green next year but Ive been wrong plenty in my life.

I could definitely see that playing out, as well, starfan, for sure.

LittleD

Reaction score
Jerry, get on the radio & tv and tell all poachers to "come on down".
the price is right.

dckid

Reaction score
I became curious which teams might be interested in Dak (in any degree) and I have narrowed the list of teams down to these (although the list might be shorter)--in no particular order:

Bears (High need, low pick--contender with Dak--stud defense)
Saints (High need. low pick--contender with Dak-but salary cap issues might prohibit)
49ers (High need)
Washington FT (High need, Danny Boy wants to be relevant again, division rival--stud defense)
Dolphins (High need)

Panthers (Medium)
Vikings (Medium)
Patriots (Medium)
Giants (Medium--high need, but very high pick))

Falcons (Low)
Detroit (Low)
Packers (Low)
Eagles (Low--cap and Hurts)

Broncos (Unsure)
Raiders (Unsure)

There are a few teams (Jets and Jags) that probably wouldn't give up two very high picks that would otherwise be on this list. This is off the cuff, and some of these may have factors which would eliminate them from this discussion.
Take him please. Let us finally sell when there are frenzied buyers. Dak is a good QB, he is ~ Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Jimmy G. Period end of sentence.
He is not going in the league of elite QB’s.
We got great value over these past 5 years. Don’t overplay your hand.
Draft a guy early or find a bridge Qb. Been saying this for the past 2.5 years. Overpaying a good player is a colossal mistake.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
which is why it is going to happen. Sign Dak, or tag and trade are the best options. Jerruh, will wait to the last moment per his MO, fail to sign Dak, screw it all up and Dak walks.

personally, at this point I would love a tag and trade for Dak, get the haul of pics, sign some quality defense FA and try to build a new team around a young QB. Won’t happen, but would be nice.

Depending on the haul, it could work out great. But your basically talking about completely starting over. Might as well trade, Lawrence and anyone of value that isnt 25 or under. Best scenario would have been if we had gotten a top 3 pick. Then would could be sitting in the drivers seat to either draft a young QB or possibly trade up with the Jets for Lawrence.

Meaningless wins againts scrub teams at the end of the season killed us.

plymkr

Reaction score
I became curious which teams might be interested in Dak (in any degree) and I have narrowed the list of teams down to these (although the list might be shorter)--in no particular order:

Bears (High need, low pick--contender with Dak--stud defense)
Saints (High need. low pick--contender with Dak-but salary cap issues might prohibit)
49ers (High need)
Washington FT (High need, Danny Boy wants to be relevant again, division rival--stud defense)
Dolphins (High need)

Panthers (Medium)
Vikings (Medium)
Patriots (Medium)
Giants (Medium--high need, but very high pick))

Falcons (Low)
Detroit (Low)
Packers (Low)
Eagles (Low--cap and Hurts)

Broncos (Unsure)
Raiders (Unsure)

There are a few teams (Jets and Jags) that probably wouldn't give up two very high picks that would otherwise be on this list. This is off the cuff, and some of these may have factors which would eliminate them from this discussion.
Great post. Does anyone know the salary cap status of the main poachers such as SF, Chicago, WFT, Dolphins and Saints. Or even Broncos and Panthers and Patriots.

I'm curious if any of these poachers could afford Dak.