Potential Dak Poachers

Verdict

Reaction score
you can assume he wanted out. I think it will be he just wants more money than dallas is willing to give at this point. If Dallas can find a suitor then yes trade him but most everyone's cap issues are the same. There are some worse than dallas and some a little better. I havent looked at the teams in the QB market what their status is Ive only been concerned with the cowboys. I dont think finding a trade partner is going to be a simple thing but ive been wrong before. Especially with 4 good QBs coming out of the draft
Good post.

Verdict

Reaction score
Any team that has a promising young QB or a top 10 QB under the age of 28 would not be interested. EVERY other team would be interested.
Interested is one thing. Paying him what he wants AND giving up draft picks compensation is another.

Verdict

Reaction score
he might say all the right things, but so far, his actions say he doesn't wanna be here long term.Is it the agent? Is it Dak? Is it their game plan all along? This tactic is doomed from the start. Sadly, I think the pressure in Dallas is getting to Dak so he seems to be strong arming his way out of town anyway he can. This happens sometimes. Dallas is a pressure cooker. Especially if your the QB of Americas team. I suspect he wants out.He will never say it though.
It’s looking that way.

Verdict

Reaction score
Correct. The team that Dak goes to would have to be a situation, I would think, that offers equal or greater earning potential, then Dallas.
Yes. That’s a short list. Then add in salary cap. Add in win now mode. There are only a couple on that list that really make sense for Dak and the acquiring team.

It makes more sense for a team with an established QB like Rodgers two give up the two picks (lesser value out). But are you going to give up Rodgers and draft picks and pay Dak for Dak? Very unlikely.

Verdict

Reaction score
Patriots are the wild card. I just don’t think The Hoodie will allow himself to be held hostage, but Dak might be enticed that he could become the next Tom Brady.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Do you think Belichick would even consider paying Prescott what he wants? He wouldn't pay Brady market rate.

Brady took less money so he could be on a winner, and it worked out for him. He could have asked for 40m years ago and a team would have paid it.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Patriots are the wild card. I just don’t think The Hoodie will allow himself to be held hostage, but Dak might be enticed that he could become the next Tom Brady.

Brady was a one time deal. No QB is going to take titles over money because the money is more important to players today and titles are iffy at best. Not like the NBA where you can pay three players for a couple of years and buy a title.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady took less money so he could be on a winner, and it worked out for him. He could have asked for 40m years ago and a team would have paid it.
Please don't compare a 7 time SB winner to Prescott.
Insults the game and human intelligence!;)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I became curious which teams might be interested in Dak (in any degree) and I have narrowed the list of teams down to these (although the list might be shorter)--in no particular order:

Bears (High need, low pick--contender with Dak--stud defense)
Saints (High need. low pick--contender with Dak-but salary cap issues might prohibit)
49ers (High need)
Washington FT (High need, Danny Boy wants to be relevant again, division rival--stud defense)
Dolphins (High need)

Panthers (Medium)
Vikings (Medium)
Patriots (Medium)
Giants (Medium--high need, but very high pick))

Falcons (Low)
Detroit (Low)
Packers (Low)
Eagles (Low--cap and Hurts)

Broncos (Unsure)
Raiders (Unsure)

There are a few teams (Jets and Jags) that probably wouldn't give up two very high picks that would otherwise be on this list. This is off the cuff, and some of these may have factors which would eliminate them from this discussion.

No team in the NFL will give Prescott the contract cash he is looking to pick up.
Now that said and on the cheap figure D.C. being the only serious interested team as it also has a buffoon owner!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I became curious which teams might be interested in Dak (in any degree) and I have narrowed the list of teams down to these (although the list might be shorter)--in no particular order:

Bears (High need, low pick--contender with Dak--stud defense)
Saints (High need. low pick--contender with Dak-but salary cap issues might prohibit)
49ers (High need)
Washington FT (High need, Danny Boy wants to be relevant again, division rival--stud defense)
Dolphins (High need)

Panthers (Medium)
Vikings (Medium)
Patriots (Medium)
Giants (Medium--high need, but very high pick))

Falcons (Low)
Detroit (Low)
Packers (Low)
Eagles (Low--cap and Hurts)

Broncos (Unsure)
Raiders (Unsure)

There are a few teams (Jets and Jags) that probably wouldn't give up two very high picks that would otherwise be on this list. This is off the cuff, and some of these may have factors which would eliminate them from this discussion.

umm no way an NFCE team gets dak Jerry would not allow that trade..get real dont even come back with maybe.,is NOT happening..

vikings just resigned cousins , tua with MIA sorry but your list needs work and im not going through them all

betting maybe 2 teams would Try to get dak but for **** who knows jerry saw what stafford and others got, hes not lettings dak walk for less then 2 firsts..then that team gas to agree in kind with dak to give him a deal like 40+ as dak wont sign the tag and let himself be traded without and agreement..

right?! list is VERY VERY SHORT

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh it will be stellar if the Vikings for and get Dak, he's a Kirk Cousins clone if I ever saw one.
I like Dak okay, but honestly am not sure he is at all an upgrade over Cousins.

Looking at the last 3 years, Cousins has been consistently better overall statistically. Not by a mile, but he has been better.
  • More Tds (per game ave)
  • Fewer ints
  • Higher Passer rating
And Cousins is making 31 mil instead of 40.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he would do well with Chicago.

Throwing to who? In the elements? lol

Trubisky is a better QB. You put that guy behind this OL and surround him with the skill positions players Dak has had......... on turf playing half his games in a climate controlled environment...............his stats would look a LOT different.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Throwing to who? In the elements? lol

Trubisky is a better QB. You put that guy behind this OL and surround him with the skill positions players Dak has had......... on turf playing half his games in a climate controlled envirnment...............his stats would look a LOT different.

Anthony Miller is a solid WR. If they resign Allen Robinson, that's 2 solid WRs. They've got some good TEs, and, if they get Dak, they'd probably draft a WR. Also, Cohen is a solid RB.