Power Rank current NFL Head Coaches

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Here’s my rankings. Definitely different tiers in here.

1) Belichick - duh
2) Reid - Always gets teams deep in playoffs
3) Harbaugh - Won Super Bowl now on another run
4) Payton - Going 9-2 without starting QB for half the year is impressive.
5) Carroll - Seems to get most of his talent every year
6) Tomlin - Like Reid seems to always have teams in the hunt and won one early.
7) McVay - Boy wonder has had shine come off this year. But making super bowl in year 2 is impressive
8) Zimmer - Has taken team to NFC Championship and always has dangerous defense
9) Pederson - Won super bowl. Basically only reason he’s here. Has done nothing since.
10) Garrett - Always has teams in hunt. Doesn’t finish in big games
11) Gruden - Seems like players like him
12) Bill O’Brien - Have always liked him since days at Penn St
13) Shanahan - Had good offense in Atlanta and now with healthy team seems to be doing well but fell apart last 2 years with injuries. Needs playoff success to move up
14) Reich - Has team in contention. Was good with Pederson
15) Ron Rivera - Maybe the streakiest Coach in the league. He’s my top vote for DC next year if he’s fired. Made a super bowl.
16) Nagy - Liked his offense year 1. This year not so much
17) McDermott - Is this start just a fluke? Will find out soon
18) LaFleur - His offense isn’t reason GB is 8-3. It’s GMs signings on D
19) Arians - Had nice run in Arizona. Hasn’t been able to get through to Jameis.
20) Quinn - Made a super bowl but team has gone in tank since Shanahan left.
21) Vrabel - Teams have been competitive first 2 years.
22) Patricia - Runs confusing defenses for some but doesn’t appear his players like him
23) Fangio - Regarded highly as assistant. Needs a QB
24) Marrone - I mean they were good his first year
25) Kingsbury - Want his offense to succeed. Don’t know if it will
26) Gase - Proving to be career assistant
27) Lynn - Chargers has high expectations before the year. 4-7 now
28) Kitchens - Benefitting off easy schedule lately.
29) Flores - Dolphins have won 2 games in spite of giving away their best players
30) Shurmur - Doesn’t use Barkley in obvious situations. Can see him out after the year
31) Taylor - 0-11 is bad by any measurement
32) No coach for Commanders.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
No way you can rank Garrett above coaches that have proven that they can coach teams to a Super Bowl appearance (Quinn, Rivera, Gruden) or even the conference championship (Arians). Also, as of right now, I don't see any team who would take Garrett over Kyle Shanahan or Reich either. Those coaches are trending up while Garrett is trending down given their offensive playcalling background.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
No way you can rank Garrett above coaches that have proven that they can coach teams to a Super Bowl appearance (Quinn, Rivera, Gruden) or even the conference championship (Arians). Also, as of right now, I don't see any team who would take Garrett over Kyle Shanahan or Reich either. Those coaches are trending up while Garrett is trending down given their offensive playcalling background.
Quinn and Rivera are likely out of a job in December. Quinn’s strength is defense and his team has been a AWFUL defensively. Shanahan and Reich haven’t won a playoff game yet so they can’t be put definitively ahead until they do.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Who’s definitively better?
I'm not going through the list, but I do see a lot of promising coaches that I wouldn't mind being here. I have been on record as saying Reich is a far better coach than Pederson, and I would have loved to see him come here instead of Indianapolis. That Eagles offense has not been the same since he left.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Flores deserves higher than 29. They literally traded away anyone who was good on that team yet he has still managed to win a few games.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Here’s my rankings. Definitely different tiers in here.

1) Belichick - duh
2) Reid - Always gets teams deep in playoffs
3) Harbaugh - Won Super Bowl now on another run
4) Payton - Going 9-2 without starting QB for half the year is impressive.
5) Carroll - Seems to get most of his talent every year
6) Tomlin - Like Reid seems to always have teams in the hunt and won one early.
7) McVay - Boy wonder has had shine come off this year. But making super bowl in year 2 is impressive
8) Zimmer - Has taken team to NFC Championship and always has dangerous defense
9) Pederson - Won super bowl. Basically only reason he’s here. Has done nothing since.
10) Garrett - Always has teams in hunt. Doesn’t finish in big games
11) Gruden - Seems like players like him
12) Bill O’Brien - Have always liked him since days at Penn St
13) Shanahan - Had good offense in Atlanta and now with healthy team seems to be doing well but fell apart last 2 years with injuries. Needs playoff success to move up
14) Reich - Has team in contention. Was good with Pederson
15) Ron Rivera - Maybe the streakiest Coach in the league. He’s my top vote for DC next year if he’s fired. Made a super bowl.
16) Nagy - Liked his offense year 1. This year not so much
17) McDermott - Is this start just a fluke? Will find out soon
18) LaFleur - His offense isn’t reason GB is 8-3. It’s GMs signings on D
19) Arians - Had nice run in Arizona. Hasn’t been able to get through to Jameis.
20) Quinn - Made a super bowl but team has gone in tank since Shanahan left.
21) Vrabel - Teams have been competitive first 2 years.
22) Patricia - Runs confusing defenses for some but doesn’t appear his players like him
23) Fangio - Regarded highly as assistant. Needs a QB
24) Marrone - I mean they were good his first year
25) Kingsbury - Want his offense to succeed. Don’t know if it will
26) Gase - Proving to be career assistant
27) Lynn - Chargers has high expectations before the year. 4-7 now
28) Kitchens - Benefitting off easy schedule lately.
29) Flores - Dolphins have won 2 games in spite of giving away their best players
30) Shurmur - Doesn’t use Barkley in obvious situations. Can see him out after the year
31) Taylor - 0-11 is bad by any measurement
32) No coach for Commanders.
Garrett is about 15 too high

IheartRomo

Reaction score
To go further into a point I made above, how many teams over the last decade (2010-now) have gotten consistently good to very good QB play over the entire period or almost the entire period (i.e. Cowboys with the exception of 2015 where Romo missed 12 games)? By my count, it's only:

Patriots - 16 playoff wins, 8 conference championship appearances, 5 SB appearances, 3 SB wins
Steelers - 5 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance
Colts - 4 playoff wins, 1 conference championship appearance
Chargers - 2 playoff wins
Packers - 9 playoff wins, 3 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance, 1 SB win
Saints - 4 playoff wins, 1 conference championship appearance (Cheated out of SB appearance last year)
Falcons - 4 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance
Seahawks - 9 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win
Cowboys - 2 playoff wins

The only other team to have so little success with such quality QB play is the Chargers. They've had 3 separate coaches over that time frame accordingly. Garrett's results given such quality play out of by far the most important position on the field combined with the overall strong rosters otherwise as well are completely unacceptable.

Blue64

Reaction score
To go further into a point I made above, how many teams over the last decade (2010-now) have gotten consistently good to very good QB play over the entire period or almost the entire period (i.e. Cowboys with the exception of 2015 where Romo missed 12 games)? By my count, it's only:

Patriots - 16 playoff wins, 8 conference championship appearances, 5 SB appearances, 3 SB wins
Steelers - 5 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance
Colts - 4 playoff wins, 1 conference championship appearance
Chargers - 2 playoff wins
Packers - 9 playoff wins, 3 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance, 1 SB win
Saints - 4 playoff wins, 1 conference championship appearance (Cheated out of SB appearance last year)
Falcons - 4 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance
Seahawks - 9 playoff wins, 2 conference championship appearances, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win
Cowboys - 2 playoff wins

The only other team to have so little success with such quality QB play is the Chargers. They've had 3 separate coaches over that time frame accordingly. Garrett's results given such quality play out of by far the most important position on the field combined with the overall strong rosters otherwise as well are completely unacceptable.
Part of tte reason I resisted joining in the past is simply put some fans put their feelings / perceptions before facts.
I applaud you for taking the time to state cold hard facts...
No one can dispute that...

jsb357

Reaction score
Garrett is about 15 too high

offended.jpg